Troops Abroad Terrified Of Possible Kerry Presidency

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/9/28/125438.shtml

U.S. troops on the ground in Iraq arre "terrified" at the prospect that American' back home might elect John Kerry presiedent, a marine and Iraq verteran who is on his way back to the front lines said Monday.

Asked how Kerry's election would affect troop morale in the combat zone, Lance Cpl. Lawrence Romack told KWEL Midland Texas radio host Craig Anderson, "It would destroy it."

Asked if Americans back home were getting an accurate picture of what's happening in the war, the Marine corporal said: "No, they're not. It's not even close. All the press wants to report is the casualty counts. They don't want to report the progress we're making over there."

Amazing how Kerry who is supposed to be presenting himself as a statemen-like Commander and Chief candidate is already having a negative impact on our troops with his own ridiculous rederic just so he can now contrast the President. Imagine what would happen if actually elected???? :eek2:

Bonnie said:

U.S. troops on the ground in Iraq arre "terrified" at the prospect that American' back home might elect John Kerry presiedent, a marine and Iraq verteran who is on his way back to the front lines said Monday.

Asked how Kerry's election would affect troop morale in the combat zone, Lance Cpl. Lawrence Romack told KWEL Midland Texas radio host Craig Anderson, "It would destroy it."

Asked if Americans back home were getting an accurate picture of what's happening in the war, the Marine corporal said: "No, they're not. It's not even close. All the press wants to report is the casualty counts. They don't want to report the progress we're making over there."

Amazing how Kerry who is supposed to be presenting himself as a statemen-like Commander and Chief candidate is already having a negative impact on our troops with his own ridiculous rederic just so he can now contrast the President. Imagine what would happen if actually elected???? :eek2:

Having Kerry as CIC would force me to re-think my entire postion on how to fight the WOT. Kerry simply has no spine and our troops need the leadership of someone who does!

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
CSM said:
Somehow, the military would survive. They survived the Clinton years among other things.

True they would they are tough and dedicated, but morale is an important thing, on top of which Kerry would not give the troops what they needed, I don't think.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I was walking thru Wiesbaden Germany when the news of Clinton's victory came to me. As a young soldier I was devestated. However, most of the time moral was the responsibility of our local commanders. That said, in a combat zone, a President who lets 'other' countries set OUR 'rules of engagement' was very frustrating. :(

This is ridiculous.

Just like newsmax's version of journalism to say that all troops on the ground are "terrified" based off of what one guy says, and I'm sure they didn't even do a background check to see if he works for the Bush/Cheney reelection campaign.

Palestinian Jew said:
This is ridiculous.

Just like newsmax's version of journalism to say that all troops on the ground are "terrified" based off of what one guy says, and I'm sure they didn't even do a background check to see if he works for the Bush/Cheney reelection campaign.

I spent eight years in the U.S. Air Force, and I can tell you that without a doubt, somewhere between 90% and 95% of everyone I ever talked with was pro Republican, because if there's one thing G.I.'s realize well, it's that Republicans "take care" of the military, and the democraps "hate it".

It happens EVERY TIME!!! A democrap gets in the White House, and the first thing they do is make a list of bases to close, weapons to cancel, freeze military pay raises, and start downsizing making G.I.'s take early outs. Then a Republican gets in the White House, and it takes them AT LEAST the best part of a first term to repair the damage done to the military by the last liberal fuck in the White House.

Yes, if kerry gets elected, I believe 100% that troop moral will be in the toilet. There may be the one in a thousand that likes kerry, but he'll be the type of fucker that heaves gernades into tents of their "buddies", because they're fucking islamic or some shit.

Bonnie said:

I left the military because Clinton became President. Many would leave if Kerry became President, it may be one of the reasons that some will not re-enlist they are afraid Kerry may win.

CSM said:
Somehow, the military would survive. They survived the Clinton years among other things.

It survived Carter (somehow) so surviving Clinton was a walk in the park. I was lucky, I went in while Reagan was in office and got out while Bush 41 was president. My cousin is career Navy and has served under Reagan, Bush 41, Clinton, and Bush 43. Of course, he couldn't coem right out and say it, but he was not to happy during the Clinton years, and most of the people he served with were the same way.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
Well Liberal Democrats have a history of loathing the military to begin with, add that to not having any idea what a strong military really means. Common sense says that's troubling to anyone putting their asses on the line in the military.

Jimmyeatworld said:
It survived Carter (somehow) so surviving Clinton was a walk in the park. I was lucky, I went in while Reagan was in office and got out while Bush 41 was president. My cousin is career Navy and has served under Reagan, Bush 41, Clinton, and Bush 43. Of course, he couldn't coem right out and say it, but he was not to happy during the Clinton years, and most of the people he served with were the same way.

No question that it was very difficult to be in the military when Clinton was president. It was extremely difficult to respect the man as Commander in Chief.

Bonnie said:
Well Liberal Democrats have a history of loathing the military to begin with, add that to not having any idea what a strong military really means. Common sense says that's troubling to anyone putting their asses on the line in the military.

Come on, the Democrats love the military!

Interviewer: Senator Kerry, why do you think the American people seem to trust Republicans more on military issues?
Sen. Kerry: Beats me! Who led us into World War I? Democrats! WWII? Korea? Vietnam? Democrats! Who used the Bomb in Japan? Democrats! Republicans only start nasty, little bully wars, picking exclusively on nations easily defeated... three-day wonders like Panama or Grenada, or a few weeks here and there fighting Muslims! You call those wars? Please! Democratic wars are robust, protracted affairs, involving big shakes of the dice and enormous sacrifices of blood and treasure - wars for the history books!
Interviewer: So if Democrats were in charge?
Sen. Kerry: We'd re-take the Pacific! Or invade France again! We'd raise the bar!

I find this hilarious :D Its the text from a doonesbury from a year and a half ago. I especially like invading france again!

nakedemperor said:

Interviewer: Senator Kerry, why do you think the American people seem to trust Republicans more on military issues?
Sen. Kerry: Beats me! Who led us into World War I? Democrats! WWII? Korea? Vietnam? Democrats! Who used the Bomb in Japan? Democrats! Republicans only start nasty, little bully wars, picking exclusively on nations easily defeated... three-day wonders like Panama or Grenada, or a few weeks here and there fighting Muslims! You call those wars? Please! Democratic wars are robust, protracted affairs, involving big shakes of the dice and enormous sacrifices of blood and treasure - wars for the history books!
Sen. Kerry: We'd re-take the Pacific! Or invade France again! We'd raise the bar!

I find this hilarious :D Its the text from a doonesbury from a year and a half ago. I especially like invading france again!

Well below might be some examples of why our troops are so concerned over Kerry occupying the White House

www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A22260-2004Feb7?language=printer

www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/2/13/165004.shtml

nakedemperor said:

Comic strips aside, comparing Democrats of today with Democrats of the era of World War 1 or World War 2 is like comparing apples to oranges. Going all the way back to FDR doesn't make sense when you have Clinton and Carter to reference when it comes to today's standards.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Comic strips aside, comparing Democrats of today with Democrats of the era of World War 1 or World War 2 is like comparing apples to oranges. Going all the way back to FDR doesn't make sense when you have Clinton and Carter to reference when it comes to today's standards.

I am by no means a Kennedy-worshipper, but I believe John Kennedy would have personally shot Clinton and Kerry as traitors were he alive today.

In lieu of presidents or presidential candidates endangering troops, and because the debates are coming up, here's a snipet of what Dubya said vs. Gore: (pledging that if he put Amerian troops into combat) "The force will be strong enough so that the mission can be accomplished. And the exit strategy needs to be well defined." :smoke:

Hahahahaha. Well done, Dubya, stretch our forces out way, way too thin, and sent them into a war without a plan the get them out, even though you pledged to do quite the opposite. Who is endangering the troops? DUBYA.

Oh, other things he pledged to do in the debates 4 years ago during the debates: support allowing Americans to buy prescription drugs from Canada (flippity floppity). He promised his tax cuts would produce millions of new jobs (crash!). He vowed to end partisan bickering in Washington (anyone who succeeds in doing this should have his bust on Mt. Rushmore).

nakedemperor said:
In lieu of presidents or presidential candidates endangering troops, and because the debates are coming up, here's a snipet of what Dubya said vs. Gore: (pledging that if he put Amerian troops into combat) "The force will be strong enough so that the mission can be accomplished. And the exit strategy needs to be well defined." :smoke:

Hahahahaha. Well done, Dubya, stretch our forces out way, way too thin, and sent them into a war without a plan the get them out, even though you pledged to do quite the opposite. Who is endangering the troops? DUBYA.

Oh, other things he pledged to do in the debates 4 years ago during the debates: support allowing Americans to buy prescription drugs from Canada (flippity floppity). He promised his tax cuts would produce millions of new jobs (crash!). He vowed to end partisan bickering in Washington (anyone who succeeds in doing this should have his bust on Mt. Rushmore).

Hmm...milions of jobs HAVE been created...he doesn't partisan-bicker, he's NOT stretched our Army too thin, and there IS an exit strategy.

Do you even believe the bullshit you post?

Forum List

Back