Troop withdrawal from Iraq

Who here thinks the combat troops in Iraq were really removed from Iraq.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
of course, they have been denied air support and they are sitting ducks, so they are less combat troops than targets, but still

I find it highly curious as to why MSNBC was the only media allowed to cover it. Were they making a movie?

Why do you need a poll to confirm this? We did see most leave, didn't we, or are you saying they snuck back in?!?! What's the mystery? There's been no hiding of the fact that the brigades remaining do have offensive potential, if need be. Pretty silly way to start an "Obama lied" thread. You should at least choose a topic that isn't so easily debunked.

It's a long process but they have officially removed the last combat brigade from Iraq.

Aug 18, 2010

Share This Gallery
On War: Last American combat brigade leaves Iraq – Plog Photo Blog

(AP) As their convoy reached the barbed wire at the border crossing out of Iraq on Wednesday, the soldiers whooped and cheered. Then they scrambled out of their stifling hot armored vehicles, unfurled an American flag and posed for group photos.

For these troops of the 4th Stryker Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division, it was a moment of relief fraught with symbolism. Seven years and five months after the U.S.-led invasion, the last American combat brigade was leaving Iraq, well ahead of President Barack Obama’s Aug. 31 deadline for ending U.S. combat operations there.

That presence is far from over. Scatterings of combat troops still await departure, and some 50,000 will stay another year in what is designated as a noncombat role. They will carry weapons to defend themselves and accompany Iraqi troops on missions. Special forces will continue to help Iraqis hunt for terrorists.

Why do you need a poll to confirm this? We did see most leave, didn't we, or are you saying they snuck back in?!?! What's the mystery? There's been no hiding of the fact that the brigades remaining do have offensive potential, if need be. Pretty silly way to start an "Obama lied" thread. You should at least choose a topic that isn't so easily debunked.

Reading your reply tells me you fell for the lie. obama said all combat troops were taken out of Iraq. Did they some how send in non combat troops while they were taking out the a fore mentioned combat troops?

Or did they pencil whip the non combat troops into Iraq?

It's a long process but they have officially removed the last combat brigade from Iraq.

Aug 18, 2010

Share This Gallery

(AP) As their convoy reached the barbed wire at the border crossing out of Iraq on Wednesday, the soldiers whooped and cheered. Then they scrambled out of their stifling hot armored vehicles, unfurled an American flag and posed for group photos.

For these troops of the 4th Stryker Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division, it was a moment of relief fraught with symbolism. Seven years and five months after the U.S.-led invasion, the last American combat brigade was leaving Iraq, well ahead of President Barack Obama’s Aug. 31 deadline for ending U.S. combat operations there.

That presence is far from over. Scatterings of combat troops still await departure, and some 50,000 will stay another year in what is designated as a noncombat role. They will carry weapons to defend themselves and accompany Iraqi troops on missions. Special forces will continue to help Iraqis hunt for terrorists.

no, they haven't. they've redesignated combat brigades as advisory brigades and *declared* that the last *designated* combat brigade has left.

Combat brigades in Iraq under different name - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times

they can designate it what they want, but only a complete fool would believe them, imo.

Aug 18, 2010

Share This Gallery

Well explain why your link contridics what you said?

Scatterings of combat troops still await departure, and some 50,000 will stay another year in what is designated as a noncombat role.

As the poll stated
Yes combat troops were really removed from Iraq
No obama lied the combat troops were redesignated but are still in Iraq.

It has to be one or the other.

of course, they have been denied air support and they are sitting ducks, so they are less combat troops than targets, but still

Providing the opposition with targets allows for the reintroduction of troops at a later date. It also allows for Krauthammer and Kristol to get their "I told you so" columns published.

The blood of 50,000 servicemen ad women will be on the hands of obama whilke he's seeking more political points.

Aug 18, 2010

Share This Gallery

Scatterings of combat troops still await departure, and some 50,000 will stay another year in what is designated as a noncombat role.

As the poll stated

No, it doesn't...What I posted IS what I said..Including the quote from the article which is the official facts of the matter: The last American combat brigade was leaving Iraq ... and Scatterings of combat troops still await departure, and some 50,000 will stay another year in what is designated as a noncombat role. They will carry weapons to defend themselves and accompany Iraqi troops on missions. Special forces will continue to help Iraqis hunt for terrorists.

You choose to misunderstand the facts and call the president a liar, knock yourself out. :cuckoo:

Reading your reply tells me you fell for the lie. obama said all combat troops were taken out of Iraq. Did they some how send in non combat troops while they were taking out the a fore mentioned combat troops?

Or did they pencil whip the non combat troops into Iraq?

All that was made clear when the withdrawal was made. You and those that are pushing this piece of sh*t are the liars in my book. There was no lie. I and anyone that was paying attention knew that those remaining would have combat capability, if need be. Why don't you?!?!

Providing the opposition with targets allows for the reintroduction of troops at a later date. It also allows for Krauthammer and Kristol to get their "I told you so" columns published.

The blood of 50,000 servicemen ad women will be on the hands of obama whilke he's seeking more political points.

:rolleyes:

There has been a long process of withdrawal after the surge and the president, acting as the commander in chief, made an official declaration as a part of this drawn out process, that the "combat" mission is officially over. The troops that are still there are now officially operating in a different mode. How do expect the US Army to make such an official withdrawal??? That's how these things work..One step at a time.

As the poll stated

No, it doesn't...What I posted IS what I said..Including the quote from the article which is the official facts of the matter: The last American combat brigade was leaving Iraq ... and Scatterings of combat troops still await departure, and some 50,000 will stay another year in what is designated as a noncombat role. They will carry weapons to defend themselves and accompany Iraqi troops on missions. Special forces will continue to help Iraqis hunt for terrorists.

You choose to misunderstand the facts and call the president a liar, knock yourself out. :cuckoo:

As I said you were fooled into believing a lie. I will use Dels post to support my arguement.

no, they haven't. they've redesignated combat brigades as advisory brigades and *declared* that the last *designated* combat brigade has left.

Combat brigades in Iraq under different name - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times

they can designate it what they want, but only a complete fool would believe them, imo.

:rolleyes:

There has been a long process of withdrawal after the surge and the president, acting as the commander in chief, made an official declaration as a part of this drawn out process, that the "combat" mission is officially over. The troops that are still there are now officially operating in a different mode. How do expect the US Army to make such an official withdrawal??? That's how these things work..One step at a time.

:cuckoo: you were fooled

Thanks Del I hope you don't mind me using your reply.

As the poll stated

As I said you were fooled into believing a lie. I will use Dels post to support my arguement.

Sorry but with all due respect to del and his opinion, we've basically said the same exact thing except I haven't called anyone a fool over their perception of the very same facts. And BTW Lol at using del's opinion as your supporting argument. As I said, it's just a drawn out process where they officially change the terminology as they go along, that's how these things go, so you should back off calling the president a liar over it.

Whatever his failings, and they are legion, he is hardly alone or unique in using the blood of US citizens or troops for political points. Several thousand troops have died, many, many more have been forever maimed and the only practical result is that the one nation that stood in Iran's way in the ME is now neutralized.

Sorry but with all due respect to del and his opinion, we've basically said the same exact thing except I haven't called anyone a fool over their perception of the very same facts. And BTW Lol at using del's opinion as your supporting argument. As I said, it's just a drawn out process where they officially change the terminology as they go along, that's how these things go, so you should back off calling the president a liar over it.

No it's not a drawn out process. obama said that all combat troops were offically out of Iraq on Aug 31 2010 has that happened?

No it's not a drawn out process. obama said that all combat troops were offically out of Iraq on Aug 31 2010 has that happened?

See, YOU are the one who wants to play politics with these soldiers' lives.

I've already posted what happened...Try getting your anti-Obama fervor out of the way, and reading for comprehension. No one is denying there are troops still there, it's a matter of officially changing military modes in the ongoing troop draw-down process.

You're trying to play political "gotcha" with the time-line..Knock yourself out, FOOL. :eusa_clap:

The last American combat brigade was leaving Iraq ... and Scatterings of combat troops still await departure, and some 50,000 will stay another year in what is designated as a noncombat role. They will carry weapons to defend themselves and accompany Iraqi troops on missions. Special forces will continue to help Iraqis hunt for terrorists.

Forum List

Back