Trolling: The Art Of The Right Wing Media

“Trolling is a key part of the conservative-entertainment/media business model,” she said. “These guys say stuff all the time that they do not intend to be persuasive. They’re not trying to explain something, or bring people along to their way of thinking, they’re just doing something to attract attention, and hopefully condemnation and outrage from the mainstream, and particularly from liberals. They want to offend you. They seek to offend you. That is the point.”

Maddow said that “trolling” was a “tried and true schtick” for conservatives. Not just for media figures, but for politicians as well. She described Rep. Steve King (R-IA) as a “permanent troll.”

The video is in the link, and well worth the watch :clap2: :up:

Maddow on new NRA ads: Trolling a key aspect of conservative media | The Raw Story

Its 100% true. That's why Rush Limbaugh does things like make fun of people who have Parkinson's. Its not because he thinks Parkinson's is funny - its because he knows his brain dead followers will love him ever more for every outrageous thing he says.

Obama has not cut into spending one bit. No President has in recent history.

Bob Cesca: Repeat After Me: Obama Cut the Deficit and Slowed Spending to Lowest Level in 50 Years

Im talking about how much states contribute to the federal govt vs how much they sap away, not whether they apply a keynesian approach to an economic crisis (though you notice how the article mentioned texas is trying to use this as an opportunity to guy welfare and education).

Your link doesn't show a cut in spending.

You may wish to read this study to understand why the Red States vs. Blue States meme is bullshit.

Pay particular attention to the part where it says that the largest part of federal spending are direct payments for Social Security and Medicare.

Flow of Federal Funds to States

Repaying money that has been collected for that exact purpose is not leeching.

“Trolling is a key part of the conservative-entertainment/media business model,” she said. “These guys say stuff all the time that they do not intend to be persuasive. They’re not trying to explain something, or bring people along to their way of thinking, they’re just doing something to attract attention, and hopefully condemnation and outrage from the mainstream, and particularly from liberals. They want to offend you. They seek to offend you. That is the point.”

Maddow said that “trolling” was a “tried and true schtick” for conservatives. Not just for media figures, but for politicians as well. She described Rep. Steve King (R-IA) as a “permanent troll.”

The video is in the link, and well worth the watch :clap2: :up:

Maddow on new NRA ads: Trolling a key aspect of conservative media | The Raw Story

Its 100% true. That's why Rush Limbaugh does things like make fun of people who have Parkinson's. Its not because he thinks Parkinson's is funny - its because he knows his brain dead followers will love him ever more for every outrageous thing he says.
Kinda like Ed Shultz calling a conservative woman a slut, or Martin Bashir making fun of Dr. Charles Krauthammer, and the fact that he's handicapped and in a wheelchair?

Flow of Federal Funds to States

Repaying money that has been collected for that exact purpose is not leeching.

That sounds reasonable, it would imply a correlation between state having more older voters and states going red too (which is odd because its the republicans that are holding the country hostage to kill those very programs). but do the numbers pan out? http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2011/tables/11s0016.pdf

Your link doesn't show a cut in spending.

Not only has the president cut the deficit by $312 billion during his first term (so far), but he's cut the deficit by $200 billion in the past year alone.

I've been saying it all along: The division pimps are out for themselves, success for them is presenting a biased point of view on every topic designed specifically to keep their side angry at the other. Keeping the sides divided means their ratings and relevance remain high. That's their schtick, a political version of professional wrestling, including the fans who (somehow) don't see what's actually going on.

By the way - The division pimps exist on BOTH ends of the spectrum.

and you people here and the left wing Lamestream media work so hard to bring people TOGETHER

everything is right wing, boo

my gawd, you people are a laugh riot

Last edited:

I've been saying it all along: The division pimps are out for themselves, success for them is presenting a biased point of view on every topic designed specifically to keep their side angry at the other. Keeping the sides divided means their ratings and relevance remain high. That's their schtick, a political version of professional wrestling, including the fans who (somehow) don't see what's actually going on.

By the way - The division pimps exist on BOTH ends of the spectrum.

and you people here and the left wing Lamestream media work so hard to bring people TOGETHER

my gawd, you people are a laugh riot

Okay Stephanie, take a good, close look at my post.

Do you see any reference to party or ideology?

Go ahead, I'll wait.

Forum List

Back