Trolling in environment sub-forum

Yes, I am going to move this to the CDZ. Feel free to continue the discussion, but in a very, very nice way! I mean it!

MOVED to the CDZ

Wasn't there a mini ice age when the Viking visited North America?

Wasn't there a mini ice age when the Viking visited North America?

Actually, there was a Viking colony on Greenland that was begun at the beginning of the Medieval Warming Period. The Little Ice Age wiped it out. But, it existed for 500 years, and did quite well so long as it was warm.

We are having a mini ice age right here in NE right now as we speak.
weather is not climate.

That's true. Why do the AGW supporters constantly claim that every hot spell is proof of human induced global warming? Every. Single. One.

That is true. They do that. If there is hot weather, they totally use it to their advantage, then complain with others use cold weather. However, I think the weather can vary because of global warming. The big problem is the polar ice caps melting and cooling ocean temperatures which, in turn, plays havoc with our weather.

We're in the CDZ Chris. Links are not "optional" if you want to be taken seriously. Blanket statements, like those you just made, are all opinions.

We're in the CDZ Chris. Links are not "optional" if you want to be taken seriously. Blanket statements, like those you just made, are all opinions.

Yes links are optional. :D Unfortunately, I don't have the motivation to search throughout the different threads for people who make such statements, but it's true. I've encountered them many times. Some people who believe that global warming is occurring or is man made or whatever it is they believe, do use the current weather trends to claim there is global warming occurring, but when it is very cold, they will say it is irrelevant.

Also - I do believe in global warming. There is definitely SOMETHING going on with the polar ice caps. I just don't know if that is caused by man or if it is just a cycle of the earth or something else. I think that is something that is really difficult to determine.

Forum List

Back