Trident: Theresa May prepared to authorise nuclear strike that could kill 100,000 people

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Go Theresa Mays my new hero :)

Theresa May says she is prepared to authorise a nuclear strike that could kill 100,000

Theresa May has said she is personally prepared to give the green light to a nuclear strike that would kill 100,000 men, women and children. The British prime minister made the resounding declaration during a Commons debate on the renewal of the UK's nuclear deterrent ahead of a vote expected to take place later this evening (18 July).

During the session, Scottish National Party (SNP) MP George Kerevan asked the former home secretary: "Can we cut to the chase? Is she personally prepared to authorise a nuclear strike that can kill a hundred thousand innocent men, women and children?"

To cries of disbelief, May responded: "Yes". She added: "And I have to say to the honourable gentleman, the whole point of a deterrent is that our enemies need to know that we would be prepared to use it.

For clarity...what exactly is your point?

download.jpg

Go Theresa Mays my new hero :)

Theresa May says she is prepared to authorise a nuclear strike that could kill 100,000

Theresa May has said she is personally prepared to give the green light to a nuclear strike that would kill 100,000 men, women and children. The British prime minister made the resounding declaration during a Commons debate on the renewal of the UK's nuclear deterrent ahead of a vote expected to take place later this evening (18 July).

During the session, Scottish National Party (SNP) MP George Kerevan asked the former home secretary: "Can we cut to the chase? Is she personally prepared to authorise a nuclear strike that can kill a hundred thousand innocent men, women and children?"

To cries of disbelief, May responded: "Yes". She added: "And I have to say to the honourable gentleman, the whole point of a deterrent is that our enemies need to know that we would be prepared to use it.

I like her already.

That girl has been on fire, first she kicks the AGW cult in the nutsack and now this :)

She never used the term "green light" and her statement was a response to the Scottish MP's snide question. She added that "the purpose of a deterrent is that our enemies know we are prepared to use it". It's not an unusual statement nor does it deserve to be a political issue by sound bite freaks who don't have the attention span to look at the whole issue. It's merely the bottom line that ever nuclear power in the world acknowledges.

Forum List

Back