Nov 22, 2003
Obama is losing the MSM, one report at a time:

washingtonpost.com

Report: Bill would reduce senior care
Medicare cuts approved by House may affect access to providers
By Lori Montgomery
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, November 15, 2009

A plan to slash more than $500 billion from future Medicare spending -- one of the biggest sources of funding for President Obama's proposed overhaul of the nation's health-care system -- would sharply reduce benefits for some senior citizens and could jeopardize access to care for millions of others, according to a government evaluation released Saturday...

An AP poll shows support is becoming more and more iffy as well.

Why do they want to tear down then entire structure when MOST Americans already have, and are happy with, their health insurance? Why don't they just fix the broken parts? We all know the answer to that one. Control.

More than 4 in 5 Americans now have health insurance, and their perceptions about costs will be critical as Obama tries to close the deal. Democrats in the House came together to pass a bill, but in the Senate, Democratic liberals and moderates disagree on core questions.

The poll suggests the public is becoming more attuned to the fact that when it comes to health care, details often make all the difference.

AP Poll: Fine print in health care prompts worries - Yahoo! News

Why are they even considering this POS when unemployment is over 10% and likely to go higher? Promises that this will save money are so absurd no one believes them.

Why are they even considering this POS when unemployment is over 10% and likely to go higher? Promises that this will save money are so absurd no one believes them.

If they want to save money in Medicare by cutting waste and fraud, why they hell are they waiting for a bill to do this?? It's all bullshit, 100% pure.

Because, they know better than the unwashed masses what's good for them. (I guess that would be good for the elitist, who the f cares about the masses?)

An AP poll shows support is becoming more and more iffy as well.

Why do they want to tear down then entire structure when MOST Americans already have, and are happy with, their health insurance? Why don't they just fix the broken parts? We all know the answer to that one. Control.

More than 4 in 5 Americans now have health insurance, and their perceptions about costs will be critical as Obama tries to close the deal. Democrats in the House came together to pass a bill, but in the Senate, Democratic liberals and moderates disagree on core questions.

The poll suggests the public is becoming more attuned to the fact that when it comes to health care, details often make all the difference.

AP Poll: Fine print in health care prompts worries - Yahoo! News

"You have given out too much reputation....."

It's what makes me laugh about the health care debate. That if we don't support this plan, we hate the vulnerable, we don't care about the less fortunate. Not true of course, we just think there's a better, easier, more cost effective way of fixing the broken parts - straightforward stuff that will not take us into a 'nationalized' healthcare - that will not hand more control to people who have proved, time and time again, that they cannot be trusted.

And yet, we are the bad guys..... Cuz Obama wants to save us.... we just don't want to be saved.

It's what makes me laugh about the health care debate. That if we don't support this plan, we hate the vulnerable, we don't care about the less fortunate. Not true of course, we just think there's a better, easier, more cost effective way of fixing the broken parts - straightforward stuff that will not take us into a 'nationalized' healthcare - that will not hand more control to people who have proved, time and time again, that they cannot be trusted.

As in ... ?

As in opening it up so the insurance companies can compete against each other countrywide. The free market will work if they let it. You and I and every company looking to provide healthcare will be looking for the best they can get at the cheapest cost. Public healthcare will not be cheaper. It just another way to spread the wealth. Fix the problem, Cost.

Was watching the news last night and apparantly the German Govt is looking to get away from National Healthcare. Don't know how true it is but I can sure see why.

As in opening it up so the insurance companies can compete against each other countrywide. The free market will work if they let it. You and I and every company looking to provide healthcare will be looking for the best they can get at the cheapest cost. Public healthcare will not be cheaper. It just another way to spread the wealth. Fix the problem, Cost.

Was watching the news last night and apparantly the German Govt is looking to get away from National Healthcare. Don't know how true it is but I can sure see why.

Not true at all.

Really, you can see why? So tell us why? Why would they trade a system that delivers results superiour to what our system delivers for less money?

As in opening it up so the insurance companies can compete against each other countrywide.

How does that help those who are dropped or outright denied insurance?

How about a bill that just says, "You can't be dropped or denied health insurance"?
See, it's that simple, and it didn't take me 1900 pages to write it and it didn't raise taxes on anybody.

As in opening it up so the insurance companies can compete against each other countrywide.

How about a bill that just says, "You can't be dropped or denied health insurance"?
See, it's that simple, and it didn't take me 1900 pages to write it and it didn't raise taxes on anybody.

Add: all insurance may be sold across all state lines...

Not true at all.

Really, you can see why? So tell us why? Why would they trade a system that delivers results superiour to what our system delivers for less money?

Well yeah actually it is true.
Germany's Socialized Health-Care System Isn't Working - WSJ.com
Eleven billion dollars in the hole is a pretty good reason. Comparing the two systems is really apples and oranges.
But the German system has experienced exploding costs in recent years because, gosh, when you lower the price of something you increase demand. And in a system like healthcare the only way to deal with the disparity of supply and demand is to ration it. Which is what Britain and NICE do. Is that really what we want here? I think not.

Between the two of us, we kept it to 2 sentences.
Too bad our congressfolk can't keep it to one sentence each.

Between the two of us, we kept it to 2 sentences.
Too bad our congressfolk can't keep it to one sentence each.

Maybe if we expanded to two pages. Ok, let's add an add on about torts. We're done. ;)

Forum List

Back