Trickle Down?

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
Who said anything about a recession? Sometime between the government bailout of Bear Stearns and the Bureau of Labor Statistics report that America lost 80,000 jobs in March, Lee Tachman spent roughly $50,000 last month on a four-day jaunt to Miami for himself and three close friends.

Karen Kennedy with her designer, Richard W. Gold. Ms. Kennedy is combining two apartments on the Upper West Side.
The trip was an exercise in luxuriant male bonding. Mr. Tachman, who is 38, and his friends got around by private jet, helicopter, Hummer limousine, Ferraris and Lamborghinis; stayed in V.I.P. rooms at Casa Casuarina, the South Beach hotel that was formerly Gianni Versace’s mansion; and played “extreme adventure paintball” with former agents of the federal Drug Enforcement Administration.

Mr. Tachman, a manager for a company that executes trades for hedge funds and the owner of “a handful” of buildings in New York, said he has not felt the need to cut back.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/14/nyregion/14partying.html?hp

midcan5 wrote:
Spread the Wealth and Give Workers a Raise

A few years back, we were discussing economics on another message board, and the subject of "trickledown" came up. I noted: "The "trickledown" theory has been characterized as: If you feed a mule enough oats, eventually this will "trickledown" through the mule."

Another poster wrote back: "perhaps your theory is that if we simply give large amounts of money to workers/consumers, eventually it will "trickleup" through the economy. I don't know what this means for the poor mule, but I'm not sure I want to think about it. LOL"

Forum List

Back