Trick or Treat?

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
Will you be tricking or treating this weekend? What are some thing you did in past halloweens. Got any good stories to tell?

halloween will mark 30 yrs .....i met my husband on halloween night....at pb scott's...one time it was one of the largest music halls in the east...damn i feel old...lol

Several years ago we lived on a busy street with few trick or treaters so we would take the kids to another neighborhood. I would put out a basket of candy on the porch with a note that said "Take two". Every year, the basket would be empty when we returned and we learned that the brat down the street would steal it all. One year, I put the video camera facing out the window and put a note on the basket that said "Take two. And that includes YOU Victor We are watching". (of course the camera was off). We came home and not only was the basket empty, but my nice Halloween basket was gone too. I was furious.

Six months later I got a ransom note (replete with cut out letters from magazine) with a picture of my basket and someone holding a lighter beneath it. It was postmarked from somewhere out west. A few months after that I got a picture of the basket on Space Mountain in Disney World. This went on for a few years.

At a friend's daughter's graduation party, I finally spotted the basket in the their garage. I had no idea it was here. I had been officially "punkd". :lol:

We get hundreds of kids. 5-8 on Saturday I will not be sitting. My husband and I will have to take shifts.

That was hilarious, chanel!

cool_story_sis.jpg

Thanks Maddie. I was honestly clueless. When I found out who did it, I told her I should have guessed it was someone with a county job. Only they, have enough time to read magazines and cut out letters" I should know. I did it for about six years. Lol

I always hand-out laxative chocolate to trick or treaters who come the day before or after Halloween. Don't worry, they're nearly always teenagers looking for an easy dime wearing the blandest of masks. Which in my book means that they deserve an early night, spent on the toilet banishing 'demons'.

So, whichever way you look at it, the trick will always be on them.

Last edited:
we are too far out to have trick or treaters...i always get a wee bit of candy just in case

Too cool for trick or treaters strollingbones? I understand. By the way, do you buy the candy incase any hip kids with attitude stroll-up to your house seeking candy, or is it so you have something to chew on after all the weed's run out?

I live in a small village with few children and spare street lighting.

Getting to my house requires the kids to walk up a spooky unlit driveway.

The few kids here are just don't come to my house.

Too bad, too, because I like Holloween.

If I had the money and time I'd carve pumpkins to line my driveway so they would know there's treats at the end of the lane.

But even if I did that I'd probably end up putting more pumpkins on the lane than I'd get trick or treaters.

This is one of the shortcomings of living in the demographically oldest oldest town in the demographically oldest state in the union.

Halloween is such a wonderful holiday; we don't really do it over here.

It is the one holiday were kids have to act out their creativity to earn a gift.

There is something really beautiful in that scary parade of candy and acting.

I live in the middle of nowhere and as a result don't get any trick or treaters - except for the little 4 year old girl who lives next door in our rental house. She is the wife's second cousin's daughter so we always load her down with goodies. We always buy a few bags of candy and it's really odd. I don't eat any of it but over the course of a week or so, it disappears and the wife has a sweet smell to her breath. I think we might have ghosts and the wife might have diabetes.

Will you be tricking or treating this weekend? What are some thing you did in past halloweens. Got any good stories to tell?

Trick and Treating happen to be taking place the same time my New England Patriots will be hosting the Minnesota Vikings at Foxboro Stadium. I do believe my patience answering the door for the little ones will wear thin. Depending on how the game is going an all.

I came home from the hospital on halloween and my sis fed me candy from her basket, so some of the first food i ever had was halloween candy. being born in Oct. paid off.

Why is it if you buy a buttload of candy, no one shows up, yet if you don't buy any the 5th Armored Division camps on your sidewalk?

Last year we figured 1 bag of candy bars would cover us. I ended up emptying 2 change jars, and my wallet.

Saturday I'll judge a costume contest, then Sunday will mark the first time in 16 years we'll have had Trickster-Treaters. We used to live in the country so I'm really looking forward to it.

It's been tradition to TP the mother in law's house, then deny it the next day. She's in her 80's now and still loves to play the game threatening to call the cops, etc. It's always a hoot.

Forum List

Back