TRICARE Contract Awards to be Reviewed?

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
The U.S. Department of Defense is moving to resolve its issues with the TRICARE management contracts awarded this Spring. TRICARE is a managed health program used by the U.S. military, their dependents and retirees. The Department awarded various regional contracts early this year to various health insurance companies to administer this program. Two of the incumbents protested the awards and these have been sustained. Now the Government has decided to move out on correcting the problems that led to the protest.

TRICARE due to the changing demographics of the U.S. military is a growing cost to the Defense budget. The U.S. military is adding more soldiers, many of them are married with dependents and there are more retirees and wounded entering the population due to the fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq. All of these place a load on TRICARE requiring more spending.
TRICARE Contract Awards To Be Reviewed And Possibly Recompeted | BNET Government Blog | BNET

The U.S. Department of Defense is moving to resolve its issues with the TRICARE management contracts awarded this Spring. TRICARE is a managed health program used by the U.S. military, their dependents and retirees. The Department awarded various regional contracts early this year to various health insurance companies to administer this program. Two of the incumbents protested the awards and these have been sustained. Now the Government has decided to move out on correcting the problems that led to the protest.

TRICARE due to the changing demographics of the U.S. military is a growing cost to the Defense budget. The U.S. military is adding more soldiers, many of them are married with dependents and there are more retirees and wounded entering the population due to the fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq. All of these place a load on TRICARE requiring more spending.
TRICARE Contract Awards To Be Reviewed And Possibly Recompeted | BNET Government Blog | BNET

I seem to remember the weekly newsletter I get from Tricare about 2 weeks ago said that all contracts would be the same administers as last year. Though there could have been one exception I only scanned over the article. And of course my automatic trash can just emptied itself yesterday.......

I seem to remember the weekly newsletter I get from Tricare about 2 weeks ago said that all contracts would be the same administers as last year. Though there could have been one exception I only scanned over the article. And of course my automatic trash can just emptied itself yesterday.......

Oille am under the same impression, the article though I think was talking about the problems with Humana's contract even though it didn't say it but would be my guess.
Here is a litte info on that one,

Humana appears to have won at least some measure of victory in its push to keep its Tricare membership, but it's unclear whether it will win another five-year contract to administer Tricare benefits in the southern region.

Tricare is the government health plan for military service members, their families and survivors. Commercial insurers are contracted to administer the benefits domestically in three regions: South, North and West
amednews: Humana not assured of regaining Tricare contract :: Jan. 18, 2010 ... American Medical News

I was more interested in that automatic trashcan lol. I need one of those things.

Oille am under the same impression, the article though I think was talking about the problems with Humana's contract even though it didn't say it but would be my guess.
Here is a litte info on that one,

Humana appears to have won at least some measure of victory in its push to keep its Tricare membership, but it's unclear whether it will win another five-year contract to administer Tricare benefits in the southern region.

Tricare is the government health plan for military service members, their families and survivors. Commercial insurers are contracted to administer the benefits domestically in three regions: South, North and West
amednews: Humana not assured of regaining Tricare contract :: Jan. 18, 2010 ... American Medical News

I was more interested in that automatic trashcan lol. I need one of those things.

It seems as though Firefox emptys my trashed mail on occasion without me having to tell it. Don't know how or why but it works. Or it could be SBC that does it. Does the spam automatically too.

Ollie I just gave up on the junk mail thing to be honest, it just amazes me the amount of stuff you can get. I got an e-mail the other day from some outfit that wanted to sell me a cold war medal lol because they said I qualified for it, I had to laugh a little because it's not like there are millions that dont fit that. I just sort of chuckled and blew it off like I do most of the junk thats in there. It would be nice though to have some way to get rid of it automatically.

Ollie I just gave up on the junk mail thing to be honest, it just amazes me the amount of stuff you can get. I got an e-mail the other day from some outfit that wanted to sell me a cold war medal lol because they said I qualified for it, I had to laugh a little because it's not like there are millions that dont fit that. I just sort of chuckled and blew it off like I do most of the junk thats in there. It would be nice though to have some way to get rid of it automatically.

I have a pretty good spam filter. But I did hear that there might be a cold war medal authorized......I really don't want to open up my glass case to add another ribbon.

Gentlemen, I am the author of the article you are discussing. The Defense Department has continued the Humana contract as well as the Health Net one for one year while they resolve what to do about the award process. That means by July of this year either new contractors will be selected, the current ones continued, or the original winners will receive the contract. I apologize if I was not clear in my original writing.

V/R,

MCP

Gentlemen, I am the author of the article you are discussing. The Defense Department has continued the Humana contract as well as the Health Net one for one year while they resolve what to do about the award process. That means by July of this year either new contractors will be selected, the current ones continued, or the original winners will receive the contract. I apologize if I was not clear in my original writing.

V/R,

MCP

Thank you Dagpotter, and welcome to USMB.

V/R,

MCP

Welcome aboard, Maybe we can discuss the problem I've been fighting with congress for the past 3 years sometime.......

Forum List

Back