Trial of jihad Major postponed again

No, I didn't know that. I understand the need for a complete and proper judicial review for a death sentence, but it does seem like politics might be involved somewhat.

Let me pose this....
...the resistance to the death penalty is but one more aspect of the anti-religion element that has its provenance in the Enlightenment, the French Revolution, and which has shown up in history as the Russian revolution, or Mao’s mayhem.

The Death Penalty is the only law repeated in all five of the books of the old testament.

Frankly, I don't care much about what's in the old testament or any other religious book. For me it's a fundamental question of justice and nothing else. The deliberate taking of a life warrants the surrender of your own. Such a sentence should however be handed down only in cases where the evidence is incontrovertable, and carried out only after a thorough review is made on the case to ensure justice has been served.

The Bible is the wisdom of the West. It is from the precepts of the Bible that the legal systems of the West have been developed- systems, worked out over millennia, for dealing with inequality, with injustice, with greed, reducible t that which Christians call the Golden Rule, and the Jews had propounded as “That which is hateful to you, don not do to your neighbor.” It is these rules and laws which form a framework which allows the individual foreknowledge of that which is permitted and that which is forbidden.
Mamet, "The Secret Knowledge," p. 48.

Forum List

Back