Trial of jihad Major postponed again

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
The trial of Maj. Nidal Hasan was finally scheduled to begin this month but has been postponed again until June. The prosecution is asking for the death penalty for 13 charges of premeditated murder and 32 charges of attempted murder. You have to wonder what the three year delay means. Will he cut a deal?

That was a misprint, it was 72 Virginians anyways, not Virgins.

Ahhh, I thought it was a tad optimistic to think he'd find 72 virgins.

I don't care how long it takes... as long as they don't back down from the DP.

If there's anyone who deserves the death penalty, its this clown, what he did was monstrous.

I completely agree. Let him have his day in court, then let's see some justice for our heroic dead.

That was a misprint, it was 72 Virginians anyways, not Virgins.

If there's anyone who deserves the death penalty, its this clown, what he did was monstrous.

Don't hold your breath.....

"Hasan K. Akbar, 38, is the most recent addition to the military's death row. Accused of throwing a grenade into a tent of sleeping soldiers from his own brigade, the former Army sergeant was convicted of murdering two people and attempted murder of 16 other soldiers by a court martial in 2005.

Prosecutors said Akbar, a Muslim convert, carried out the attack on the 101st Airborne Division's Kuwaiti camp to achieve "maximum carnage" on the eve of the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003.

Prosecutors said Akbar told them he carried out the attacks to prevent the soldiers from killing Muslims in Iraq.

He was the first American soldier accused of killing fellow soldiers since the Vietnam War.

His case is currently under review as part of the military's automatic appeals process."
Who Is on The Military's Death Row? - ABC News

In a notorious recent case, Army Sgt. Hasan Akbar was sentenced to death in a court-martial for rolling a grenade into a tent filled with U.S. soldiers in Kuwait in April 2003. Four years after he was sentenced to death, his case is still stalled at the first appellate level of the courts.
Hasan to Face Death Penalty - WSJ.com

We live in a time when a certain political philosophy won't criticize, or point out bad behavior much less carry out the required penalty......

"Hasan K. Akbar, 38, is the most recent addition to the military's death row. Accused of throwing a grenade into a tent of sleeping soldiers from his own brigade, the former Army sergeant was convicted of murdering two people and attempted murder of 16 other soldiers by a court martial in 2005.

Prosecutors said Akbar, a Muslim convert, carried out the attack on the 101st Airborne Division's Kuwaiti camp to achieve "maximum carnage" on the eve of the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003.

Prosecutors said Akbar told them he carried out the attacks to prevent the soldiers from killing Muslims in Iraq.

He was the first American soldier accused of killing fellow soldiers since the Vietnam War.

His case is currently under review as part of the military's automatic appeals process."

In a notorious recent case, Army Sgt. Hasan Akbar was sentenced to death in a court-martial for rolling a grenade into a tent filled with U.S. soldiers in Kuwait in April 2003. Four years after he was sentenced to death, his case is still stalled at the first appellate level of the courts.

We live in a time when a certain political philosophy won't criticize, or point out bad behavior much less carry out the required penalty......

That's a damn shame.

I assume you realize that many on the left are against the death penalty, and that the current POTUS is a far lefty, and that this is an election year. His modus operandi is to put off anything remotely distasteful to his base as long as possible, until after the election if he can. It may be as simple as that.

That's a damn shame.

I don't really have an issue with allowing the process to work it's way through... just so long as the sentence gets carried out at the end of it. I don't suppose he's having a particularly pleasant experience in a military prison. :eusa_angel:

That's a damn shame.

I don't really have an issue with allowing the process to work it's way through... just so long as the sentence gets carried out at the end of it. I don't suppose he's having a particularly pleasant experience in a military prison. :eusa_angel:

You'll be celebrating the birth of little Richard Simmons first....

The last execution by the U.S. Military was the hanging of Army PFC John A. Bennett, on April 13, 1961, for the rape and attempted murder of an 11-year-old ...
United States Disciplinary Barracks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I assume you realize that many on the left are against the death penalty, and that the current POTUS is a far lefty, and that this is an election year. His modus operandi is to put off anything remotely distasteful to his base as long as possible, until after the election if he can. It may be as simple as that.

I assume you didn't now the date of the last time the sentence was carried out....
The last execution by the U.S. Military was the hanging of Army PFC John A. Bennett, on April 13, 1961,

That's a damn shame.

Yup.

“There is nothing in the world so difficult as that task of making up one's mind. Who is there that has not longed that the power and privilege of selection among alternatives should be taken away from him in some important crisis of his life, and that his conduct should be arranged for him, either this way or that, by some divine power if it were possible, - by some patriarchal power in the absence of divinity, - or by chance, even, if nothing better than chance could be found to do it? But no one dares to cast the die, and to go honestly by the hazard. There must be the actual necessity of obeying the die, before even the die can be of any use.”
― Anthony Trollope, Phineas Finn

I assume you didn't now the date of the last time the sentence was carried out....
The last execution by the U.S. Military was the hanging of Army PFC John A. Bennett, on April 13, 1961,

No, I didn't know that. I understand the need for a complete and proper judicial review for a death sentence, but it does seem like politics might be involved somewhat.

No, I didn't know that. I understand the need for a complete and proper judicial review for a death sentence, but it does seem like politics might be involved somewhat.

Let me pose this....
...the resistance to the death penalty is but one more aspect of the anti-religion element that has its provenance in the Enlightenment, the French Revolution, and which has shown up in history as the Russian revolution, or Mao’s mayhem.

The Death Penalty is the only law repeated in all five of the books of the old testament.

Let me pose this....
...the resistance to the death penalty is but one more aspect of the anti-religion element that has its provenance in the Enlightenment, the French Revolution, and which has shown up in history as the Russian revolution, or Mao’s mayhem.

The Death Penalty is the only law repeated in all five of the books of the old testament.

Frankly, I don't care much about what's in the old testament or any other religious book. For me it's a fundamental question of justice and nothing else. The deliberate taking of a life warrants the surrender of your own. Such a sentence should however be handed down only in cases where the evidence is incontrovertable, and carried out only after a thorough review is made on the case to ensure justice has been served.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if the Hussein gives this asshole a full pardon on his last day in office.

Forum List

Back