Trey Gowdy Shreds James Comey – An Amnesiac Only Protecting Himself

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Gowdy: Too little, too late. Gowdy can’t leave soon enough. His constant defense of Mueller was disgusting....but. he does score some good points that many on the right are for some reason afraid to make to the American public!

In an interview with Fox News, South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy slammed James Comey as an “an amnesiac with incredible hubris” who is only out to protect himself.

Gowdy spoke with host Martha MacCallum to discuss the former FBI Director who recently testified in a closed-door interview with congressional lawmakers. Comey was questioned about a series of controversies, including his department’s handling of the Hillary Clinton private email server investigation and the subsequent Russian collusion probe.

“Comey just thinks he’s always right, and … it doesn’t matter if everyone else concludes he did wrong,” Gowdy said. “He knows better. So, that’s what it’s like to interview an amnesiac with incredible hubris.”

MacCallum asked if he thought Comey had operated in a political manner when it came to dealing with investigations involving former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and President Donald Trump.

“I think Jim Comey was primarily motivated by a desire to protect the brand of Jim Comey,” Gowdy responded. “But he has been so overtly partisan since he left, not just (with) the president, but he wants people to vote Democrat, he wants a Democrat House. He’s just become a political flunky.”

Read more at menrec.com ...

Gowdy: Too little, too late. Gowdy can’t leave soon enough. His constant defense of Mueller was disgusting....but. he does score some good points that many on the right are for some reason afraid to make to the American public!

In an interview with Fox News, South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy slammed James Comey as an “an amnesiac with incredible hubris” who is only out to protect himself.

Gowdy spoke with host Martha MacCallum to discuss the former FBI Director who recently testified in a closed-door interview with congressional lawmakers. Comey was questioned about a series of controversies, including his department’s handling of the Hillary Clinton private email server investigation and the subsequent Russian collusion probe.

“Comey just thinks he’s always right, and … it doesn’t matter if everyone else concludes he did wrong,” Gowdy said. “He knows better. So, that’s what it’s like to interview an amnesiac with incredible hubris.”

MacCallum asked if he thought Comey had operated in a political manner when it came to dealing with investigations involving former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and President Donald Trump.

“I think Jim Comey was primarily motivated by a desire to protect the brand of Jim Comey,” Gowdy responded. “But he has been so overtly partisan since he left, not just (with) the president, but he wants people to vote Democrat, he wants a Democrat House. He’s just become a political flunky.”

“I think Jim Comey was primarily motivated by a desire to protect the brand of Jim Comey,” Gowdy responded.
Trey Gowdy is exactly right there. If Comey has become anti-Republican at the moment, it's hard to blame him, considering how he was treated by Trump.
But Mueller sure was a sweet payback for getting fired.

“I think Jim Comey was primarily motivated by a desire to protect the brand of Jim Comey,” Gowdy responded.
Trey Gowdy is exactly right there. If Comey has become anti-Republican at the moment, it's hard to blame him, considering how he was treated by Trump.

Comey was never a "real" republican. He's a shitstain weasel out for himself

I already agreed he is out for himself. But he was no doubt a "real" Republican.
It is Trump nuts that are damaging the Republican party. Keep it up, for all I care, but saying you're not a Republican if you don't support that asshole is totally ridiculous.

I already agreed he is out for himself. But he was no doubt a "real" Republican.
It is Trump nuts that are damaging the Republican party. Keep it up, for all I care, but saying you're not a Republican if you don't support that asshole is totally ridiculous.

I think both parties need destroyed and both are doing a fine job of doing it themselves

It's hard to see what made James Comey a "real" republican. Robert Mueller is another nominal republican.
They are real republicans the way Superman was a "real" earthling. Or Rock Hudson was a real red blooded he-man.
Or Rachel Dolezal is a real colored person.

Forum List

Back