Treat the Press as Enemy Collaborators

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
Treat the Press as Enemy Collaborators | RedState

So how do you feel about your new position with Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL)?” asked Media Bistro of Jonathan Allen. “Certainly excited. I’m happy to go to work for someone who inspires me and who I admire. I’m hopeful I can advance the Democratic Party’s goals and obviously, the congresswoman’s goals,” Jonathan Allen replied.

Jonathan Allen is now the Politico’s senior Washington correspondent.

This is the week when Democrats and the Arab street both erupted in frenzies over otherwise obscure YouTube videos, with our media tripping over itself to provide excuses for both.

On September 11, 2012, as North Africa blew up and the American Embassy in Cairo started apologizing for everything, the Romney team finally sent out a statement, but embargoed it till midnight because they had promised not to go negative on September 11th.

I guarantee you a member of the media sent it to Team Obama and I guarantee you it was no coincidence the White House put as much distance as possible between them and the Embassy before the expected release of the Romney statement at midnight. By the time Mitt Romney decided he had to lift the embargo early, the Obama camp had pivoted around him and the media was ready to pounce with “ROMNEY SCREWED UP!!!!”

The Romney campaign cannot work with the press. They must work around the press. They must be more John Sununu vs. name your interviewer of choice and less anything else. Bluntly, the general rule for Team Romney should be to treat the press as an enemy collaborator with Barack Obama with exceptions only as appropriate.

That leads me to the latest enemy collaboration. The left wing magazine Mother Jones has undercover video of Mitt Romney talking to donors. He is, on the video circulating now, talking about the 47% of Americans who do not pay income taxes. The press and left are already orgasmic at the find. As an aside, I find it hysterical that the videographer and Mother Jones were apparently connected together by Jimmy Carter IV, who is being described as unemployed — a state of existence common in this Presidency, which has become the second coming of his grandfather.

Mark Halperin of Time, whose colleague Michael Scherer came from Mother Jones to Time, began setting the narrative quickly. “Many of us have seen pols pander to donors in closed events. I’ve heard my share Rs+Ds. Never anything this damaging however,” he tweeted. Really? Not Barack Obama with the “guns and religion” comment about Pennsylvania Democrats?

And what of the damage to our national security by Barack Obama’s open mic moment with then President Medvedev of Russia?

The Romney campaign should double down on what he said. They should own it. The trouble for the left and media (but I repeat myself) is that most Americans agree with Mitt Romney. Most Americans consider themselves part of the 53% and it is not a winning proposition for Barack Obama to convince Americans they are less than they think they are when most Americans already recognize he has made them less than they were.

The American people are with him. It is the perfect time to remind people that Barack Obama, who authored Obamacare, wants to now be the arbiter of people’s fair share. To Obama, fair share means you fork over your money so others can have a life of government dependency. Romney’s point about government dependency ties perfectly to the dreadful economic news of late and is a perfect pivot back to that.

In fact, one of the least appreciated differences between the Republican and Democratic conventions is that the GOP put people on stage who had succeeded in life and the Democrats put a bunch of people on stage portrayed as victims. This all goes perfectly together.

The media will use this as an opportunity to stop covering North Africa, which continues to have negative implications for Barack Obama.

In moving the focus to this, Mitt Romney should embrace it. It’s time to have the discussion everyone has been waiting for and now, with terrible economic data and North Africa Mitt Romney has a very simple message to close the sale: leading from behind is failure.

Last edited:
We should because they are.

Emails show Justice working with Media Matters on stories that target critics | Fox News

Newly published emails show the top spokeswoman at the U.S. Justice Department regularly collaborating with the liberal advocacy group Media Matters on stories that slam the administration's critics.
The emails, obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request and published by The Daily Caller, often show department public affairs chief Tracy Schmaler communicating with Media Matters bloggers. Sometimes, the emails were in response to inquiries. Other times, Schmaler was pitching ideas, according to the Caller.

Come the debates I'd suggest Romney treat moderators like Newt did if they so deserve it, which is a lock in my opinion.

He already gave a clue that he would. And, treat everything obama says as a lie. Which is an excellent strategy.

• Banned
Come the debates I'd suggest Romney treat moderators like Newt did if they so deserve it, which is a lock in my opinion.

Agreed. If I am not mistaken isn't every debate run by a Lib network or moderator? I'll look it up and get back to you.

They will follow up on every word Romney says but give Obama a pulpit to pontificate from.

Last edited:
but you LOVED brietbart and his little dupe who "created" tapes until the kid went to jail for it

My hubby and I were talking about this last night, that much of what we are fed is propaganda these days. It's sad as it used to be the US was looked upon for its value of truth in reporting and for a number of years that has gone by the way side.

My hubby and I were talking about this last night, that much of what we are fed is propaganda these days. It's sad as it used to be the US was looked upon for its value of truth in reporting and for a number of years that has gone by the way side.

You find this in every dictatorship. It's not at all surprising that we now have the same kind of media/administration collusion here as they have in other dictator run countries.

You find this in every dictatorship.

images

2012 Presidential Debate Moderators: Candy Crowley, Jim Lehrer, Bob Schieffer And Martha Raddatz Chosen

PBS, CNN and CBS? I mean, that says it all. Add the spin...no matter how bad Obama does..... and we'll be reading about how Obama crushed him in the debates.

I do believe though that many aren't falling for this crap any longer. Obama has his Obamatrons that will hang on his every word and flood this place with "victory" threads. They're hopeless, helpless and clueless as it is.

This is going to be very close and if I were to bet...Romney squeaks out a victory due to low turnout by his so called base.

Last edited:

You find this in every dictatorship.

images

Yet the beginnings can be successfully argued.

Keep by passing congress. Ignoring the people.............at your own peril...:badgrin:

So how do you feel about your new position with Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL)?” asked Media Bistro of Jonathan Allen. “Certainly excited. I’m happy to go to work for someone who inspires me and who I admire. I’m hopeful I can advance the Democratic Party’s goals and obviously, the congresswoman’s goals,” Jonathan Allen replied.

This is the week when Democrats and the Arab street both erupted in frenzies over otherwise obscure YouTube videos, with our media tripping over itself to provide excuses for both.

On September 11, 2012, as North Africa blew up and the American Embassy in Cairo started apologizing for everything, the Romney team finally sent out a statement, but embargoed it till midnight because they had promised not to go negative on September 11th.

I guarantee you a member of the media sent it to Team Obama and I guarantee you it was no coincidence the White House put as much distance as possible between them and the Embassy before the expected release of the Romney statement at midnight. By the time Mitt Romney decided he had to lift the embargo early, the Obama camp had pivoted around him and the media was ready to pounce with “ROMNEY SCREWED UP!!!!”

The Romney campaign cannot work with the press. They must work around the press. They must be more John Sununu vs. name your interviewer of choice and less anything else. Bluntly, the general rule for Team Romney should be to treat the press as an enemy collaborator with Barack Obama with exceptions only as appropriate.

That leads me to the latest enemy collaboration. The left wing magazine Mother Jones has undercover video of Mitt Romney talking to donors. He is, on the video circulating now, talking about the 47% of Americans who do not pay income taxes. The press and left are already orgasmic at the find. As an aside, I find it hysterical that the videographer and Mother Jones were apparently connected together by Jimmy Carter IV, who is being described as unemployed — a state of existence common in this Presidency, which has become the second coming of his grandfather.

Mark Halperin of Time, whose colleague Michael Scherer came from Mother Jones to Time, began setting the narrative quickly. “Many of us have seen pols pander to donors in closed events. I’ve heard my share Rs+Ds. Never anything this damaging however,” he tweeted. Really? Not Barack Obama with the “guns and religion” comment about Pennsylvania Democrats?

And what of the damage to our national security by Barack Obama’s open mic moment with then President Medvedev of Russia?

The Romney campaign should double down on what he said. They should own it. The trouble for the left and media (but I repeat myself) is that most Americans agree with Mitt Romney. Most Americans consider themselves part of the 53% and it is not a winning proposition for Barack Obama to convince Americans they are less than they think they are when most Americans already recognize he has made them less than they were.

The American people are with him. It is the perfect time to remind people that Barack Obama, who authored Obamacare, wants to now be the arbiter of people’s fair share. To Obama, fair share means you fork over your money so others can have a life of government dependency. Romney’s point about government dependency ties perfectly to the dreadful economic news of late and is a perfect pivot back to that.

In fact, one of the least appreciated differences between the Republican and Democratic conventions is that the GOP put people on stage who had succeeded in life and the Democrats put a bunch of people on stage portrayed as victims. This all goes perfectly together.

The media will use this as an opportunity to stop covering North Africa, which continues to have negative implications for Barack Obama.

In moving the focus to this, Mitt Romney should embrace it. It’s time to have the discussion everyone has been waiting for and now, with terrible economic data and North Africa Mitt Romney has a very simple message to close the sale: leading from behind is failure.

I agree.

John Bolton, Elaine Chao, and Pete Snyder are all Fox News contributors, while Walid Phares is a terror analyst. Bolton is a foreign policy advisor and campaign surrogate. Phares is a special advisor for foreign policy and National Security Advisory Team, and the co-chair of the Middle East and North Africa working group. Chao is national chair of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders for Romney, and Snyder is a surrogate. Plus, there's Karl Rove, co-founder of an anti-Obama super PAC and regular guest Jay Sekulow, who frequently appears on Fox to bash Obama, yet also serves as an advisor to Romney.

It's Not Just Bias: Four Fox News Contributors Work For Romney - NewsHounds

Some line up he's up against.

2012 Presidential Debate Moderators: Candy Crowley, Jim Lehrer, Bob Schieffer And Martha Raddatz Chosen

Jim and Martha are about the most fair options the liberal media can throw out there.

Bob is a partisan hack.

Candy is so f'ing incompetent; it annoys me that she even got the job. She's not even decent by CNN standards. How the f did they pass up Andersen Cooper? Oh right__ sex quotas. Had to have 2 males and 2 females.

Jim and Martha are about the most fair options the liberal media can throw out there.

Bob is a partisan hack.

Candy is so f'ing incompetent; it annoys me that she even got the job. She's not even decent by CNN standards. How the f did they pass up Andersen Cooper? Oh right__ sex quotas. Had to have 2 males and 2 females.

Cooper qualifies as both.:D

Bob is a partisan hack.

Come on man. No need for low blows.

I agree.

John Bolton, Elaine Chao, and Pete Snyder are all Fox News contributors, while Walid Phares is a terror analyst. Bolton is a foreign policy advisor and campaign surrogate. Phares is a special advisor for foreign policy and National Security Advisory Team, and the co-chair of the Middle East and North Africa working group. Chao is national chair of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders for Romney, and Snyder is a surrogate. Plus, there's Karl Rove, co-founder of an anti-Obama super PAC and regular guest Jay Sekulow, who frequently appears on Fox to bash Obama, yet also serves as an advisor to Romney.

It's Not Just Bias: Four Fox News Contributors Work For Romney - NewsHounds

Poor baby. Obama has 98% of the media carrying his water and you point to FOX. :D

You libs always claim that FOX is FAUX so then no need to worry. No one is believing them and therefore they are no threat. Think of it as evening-up the score.

Last edited:

Bob is a partisan hack.

Come on man. No need for low blows.

Sorry I thought I was a Lib in a minute of sheer insanity. My bad!

Forum List

Back