Treat me like I'm black, sez Teddy's son

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
:wtf: Oh my... Fresh from rehab, now off to the funny farm with him :cuckoo:

BY MICHAEL McAULIFF and CORKY SIEMASZKO
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Fresh from rehab, Rep. Patrick Kennedy said yesterday he wants to be treated like an African-American from Washington if and when he gets charged for crashing his car on Capitol Hill.
Denying that he was drunk and or that he asked the Capitol Police for preferential treatment, Kennedy, a Rhode Island congressman, said he's prepared "in terms of bookings, in terms of mug shots, fingerprints, whatever they might have me do."

"It's what anyone else would have done to them if they were an African-American in Anacostia," Kennedy said in a shaky voice, referring to the mostly minority neighborhood in southeastern Washington.

Later, Kennedy fretted that "there are probably people who want to throw the book at me a little more to prove that they're not treating me special."

It's still not clear whether Kennedy will be called to account for smashing his Ford Mustang into a barrier near the Capitol building at 2:45 a.m. on May 4. He was driving without headlights and nearly collided with a police cruiser.

"The attorney general is still reviewing the events of that night," said Traci Hughes, a spokeswoman for the D.C. attorney general's office. "I can assure you that if any charges are brought in this case, he will be treated the same as anyone else in similar circumstances."

The son of Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.) was given a ride home after the wreck by Capitol Police and charged with three minor traffic violations. But he wasn't given a sobriety test, angering some police who complained he was getting kid-glove treatment.

"If you are suspected of driving under the influence, you get arrested," noted Officer Quintin Peterson of the Metropolitan Police Department.

Kennedy, who has a history of substance abuse and depression, said that "10 of the 12 police officers said they did not smell any alcohol on my breath."

But Kennedy also said he should not have gotten behind the wheel after taking Ambien, a popular sleeping aid prescribed to 26 million Americans last year.

"It says on the directions: Do not operate heavy machinery under this drug," he said. "So whether it's alcohol or drugs, any impaired driving is wrong."

Shortly after the accident, Kennedy announced he was seeking treatment for painkiller addiction because he could not remember crashing his car and being driven home by police.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/424089p-357769c.html

The son of Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.) was given a ride home after the wreck by Capitol Police and charged with three minor traffic violations. But he wasn't given a sobriety test, angering some police who complained he was getting kid-glove treatment.

Like father like son .....:cheers2:

Translation:

"Treat me like I'm black for a few minutes, then let me go back to the highly secure Kennedy Compound and get waited on hand and foot by the servants."

Abbey Normal said:
Translation:

"Treat me like I'm black for a few minutes, then let me go back to the highly secure Kennedy Compound and get waited on hand and foot by the servants."

What is interesting to me is this: if a Republican/conservative DARED say "treat me like I'm black," their fate would be the same as Trent Lott's.

Where's the outrage lefties?

GunnyL said:
What is interesting to me is this: if a Republican/conservative DARED say "treat me like I'm black," their fate would be the same as Trent Lott's.

Where's the outrage lefties?

Oh at least. They'd probably be prosecuted for a hate crime, too.

Page 3 editorial this a.m. ;)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-0606080118jun08,1,5892434.column?coll=chi-news-col
Another Kennedy, another weird story
John Kass

June 8, 2006

U.S. Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D-Camelot) made an astonishing announcement when he left rehab the other day, weeks after he almost ran down a police officer before crashing his car into a Capitol barrier.

Kennedy said he doesn't want police to treat him like a Kennedy.

Instead, he wants the cops to treat him like a poor black person from the downtrodden Anacostia neighborhood in southeastern Washington.

Back on May 4, about 2:45 a.m., Congressman Clout abruptly stopped his car by ramming it into the barrier. Police cruelly refused to give him a Breathalyzer test, even though he reportedly wobbled on his feet and said he was in the area at that hour to cast an important vote.

Instead of forcing him to blow, they meted out a brand of tough street justice and drove him home, just like they probably do for all other black people who crash their cars into the Capitol after almost running down a cop.

Outside the Mayo Clinic the other day, voice trembling, Kennedy insisted that he didn't ask for preferential treatment.

He said he's prepared to endure "bookings, in terms of mug shots, fingerprints, whatever they might have me do."

"It's what anyone else would have done to them if they were an African-American in Anacostia," Kennedy said.

So now he wants to be treated just like a client of his family's gargantuan social programs, which have helped perpetuate inner city poverty? Come to think of it, that's not a bad idea.

As you may have noticed, I'm not black, but it sure might be nice to be treated like a Kennedy for a week, what with your family saga becoming an Arthurian romance set to music, not to mention all the free Frank Sinatra CDs.

But I'm not poking fun at Patrick Kennedy's alcoholism and/or drug abuse. Kennedy insisted he accidentally took the wrong pill at the wrong time--no matter what that cocktail waitress said--but that's his story.

It's not the booze. It's the old rich-white-Democratic-liberal-wanting-to -be-a-black-man thing that gets me.

If he really needs help, he could turn to his father, U.S. Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-Chappaquiddick), who may have wished that he, too, were treated like a poor black man. Except, of course, for that night Ted went for a midnight swim out of his car and forgot Mary Jo Kopechne was drowning in the passenger seat.

Unfortunately, I have found no record of Ted Kennedy ever publicly expressing the desire to become black and in this, the son may be more progressive than the father. Still, it might be too progressive for some.

"What does Kennedy want?" said a guy at work (who just happens to be black).

Oh, he wants to be treated just like a poor black person by police, I said.

"You mean he wants to get slapped around and kicked in the butt?" the guy said.

Kennedy isn't the first rich white liberal to want to be black.

Two years ago, I wrote that U.S. Sen. John Kerry (D-Ketchup) also wanted to be a black man. He hoped to become our second black president, the first being, as everybody knows, Bill Clinton.

"President Clinton was often known as the first black president," Kerry told the Urban Radio Network back in March 2004.

"I wouldn't be upset if I could earn the right to be the second."

Either way, I probably shouldn't write about this, as I'm neither a rich white liberal Democrat nor a black man. Still, such topics make editors squirm, which is nice. And besides, as an American of Greek descent, I was just happy if I could grow up to be a white guy, at least in Chicago.

Legend has it that before we moved to Oak Lawn with the fleeing white people, Greeks were declared white by emergency royal decree of the late Mayor Richard J. Daley, once he learned that Aristotle Onassis had married Jacqueline Kennedy.

Since I don't have the "street cred" for this type of thing, I asked one man who does.

Wallace "Gator" Bradley, the former felon (since pardoned) and former muscle guy for the Disciples street gang. Gator has since gone into politics, and he remains a friend of imprisoned Disciple kingpin Larry Hoover.

"Kennedy wants to be treated like a black man by the police?" Gator asked me.

Yes.

"You're crazy," Gator said.

Maybe, but that's what he said.

"If he wanted to be treated like a black man, since he smashed up the Capitol, he should be prosecuted by a federal prosecutor. How you think he'd like that?"

Not very much.

"If a black man smashes up the Capitol, he's treated like a terrorist, and the feds would be all over him. But they didn't even give Kennedy a Breathalyzer. So he didn't get treated like a black man. He got treated like a Kennedy, dig?"

Word up.

"And there was Ted Kennedy and the woman drowned and he took off. A black man would still be in prison. Instead, he's a senator. How does that work?"

I can't say. I guess we'll just have to ask U.S. Rep. Cynthia McKinney.

What a stupid thing for him to do... why would anyone want to be treated that poorly? Kennedy should do what Limbaugh did... take advantage of his privileged status and act as indignant as possible. Duh. Patrick... wise up son... you don't see Rush asking to be treated like Richard Paey!

jasendorf said:
What a stupid thing for him to do... why would anyone want to be treated that poorly? Kennedy should do what Limbaugh did... take advantage of his privileged status and act as indignant as possible. Duh. Patrick... wise up son... you don't see Rush asking to be treated like Richard Paey!

He doesn't----He lied like his clan always does.

Stephanie said:
:wtf: Oh my... Fresh from rehab, now off to the funny farm with him :cuckoo:

BY MICHAEL McAULIFF and CORKY SIEMASZKO
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Fresh from rehab, Rep. Patrick Kennedy said yesterday he wants to be treated like an African-American from Washington if and when he gets charged for crashing his car on Capitol Hill.
Denying that he was drunk and or that he asked the Capitol Police for preferential treatment, Kennedy, a Rhode Island congressman, said he's prepared "in terms of bookings, in terms of mug shots, fingerprints, whatever they might have me do."

"It's what anyone else would have done to them if they were an African-American in Anacostia," Kennedy said in a shaky voice, referring to the mostly minority neighborhood in southeastern Washington.

Later, Kennedy fretted that "there are probably people who want to throw the book at me a little more to prove that they're not treating me special."

It's still not clear whether Kennedy will be called to account for smashing his Ford Mustang into a barrier near the Capitol building at 2:45 a.m. on May 4. He was driving without headlights and nearly collided with a police cruiser.

"The attorney general is still reviewing the events of that night," said Traci Hughes, a spokeswoman for the D.C. attorney general's office. "I can assure you that if any charges are brought in this case, he will be treated the same as anyone else in similar circumstances."

"If you are suspected of driving under the influence, you get arrested," noted Officer Quintin Peterson of the Metropolitan Police Department.

Kennedy, who has a history of substance abuse and depression, said that "10 of the 12 police officers said they did not smell any alcohol on my breath."

But Kennedy also said he should not have gotten behind the wheel after taking Ambien, a popular sleeping aid prescribed to 26 million Americans last year.

"It says on the directions: Do not operate heavy machinery under this drug," he said. "So whether it's alcohol or drugs, any impaired driving is wrong."

Shortly after the accident, Kennedy announced he was seeking treatment for painkiller addiction because he could not remember crashing his car and being driven home by police.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/424089p-357769c.html

There is truly only one non-esoteric reaction to Kennedy's request Bwhanahaaaaaaaaaahahahahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Man that's a knee slapper for sure. "Wanna be treated like a poor black man". His ass would be locked up for six months to a year......
The Kennedy's have become a walking circus sideshow... "Come and see the rich, drunken, Irish-Americans in their own, real life, habitat".

Forum List

Back