Treasury: U.S. to lose $25 billion on auto bailout

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Just the other day did the POTUS say that GM has come ROARING back???? Really Mr. President? I think he was having a 57 states moment.

From The Detroit News: Treasury: U.S. to lose $25 billion on auto bailout | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com

On Monday, GM stock fell $0.07, or 0.3 percent, to $20.47. At that price, the government would lose another $850 million on its GM bailout.

The government still holds 500 million shares of GM stock and needs to sell them for about $53 each to recover its entire $49.5 billion bailout. At the current price, the Treasury would lose more than $16 billion on its GM bailout.

Just the other day did the POTUS say that GM has come ROARING back???? Really Mr. President? I think he was having a 57 states moment.

From The Detroit News: Treasury: U.S. to lose $25 billion on auto bailout | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com

On Monday, GM stock fell $0.07, or 0.3 percent, to $20.47. At that price, the government would lose another $850 million on its GM bailout.

The government still holds 500 million shares of GM stock and needs to sell them for about $53 each to recover its entire $49.5 billion bailout. At the current price, the Treasury would lose more than $16 billion on its GM bailout.
So......... Don't sell the shares yet.

We own stock. Who would sell stock at a low point? :rolleyes:

We own stock. Who would sell stock at a low point? :rolleyes:
Well... As a whole I don't think the US government is very bright with money... But boy this does seem kind of like a no brainer doesn't it?

Anyone remember this?

Tax money should never have been used to bail out GM, Chrysler or any other Company.

Ford took out a loan and bailed themselves out.

The Govt shouldn't be in the business of bailing out companies. NO way. No how.

Tax money should never have been used to bail out GM, Chrysler or any other Company.

Ford took out a loan and bailed themselves out.

The Govt shouldn't be in the business of bailing out companies. NO way. No how.
You miss the point!

This stab from the past is to point out how the Right is pissed off that the loss has been cut drastically in a little over a year, and may well be even less than the 9.7 billion it is now if the stock keeps going up.
Get It?

Forum List

Back