Treason is Treason

I love the way these people causally talk about revolution.

These are the same class of people who are mostly comprised of chickenhawks.

can you imagine what they'd have said to dems had they said the same stupid things for the past eight years?

i can think of at least three people on this board who'd have forwarded posts to the appropriate authorities.

Remember when speaking out against the war was treason?

Funny that ...

Yep. The same types of folks who handily called anyone speaking out against the war [edit: insert "traitor"] now are willing to take up arms against the government if it tries to raise their taxes.

I was called a "traitor" many times for my views about the war. But I never suggested to anyone they take up arms against their country.

Last edited:
can you imagine what they'd have said to dems had they said the same stupid things for the past eight years?

i can think of at least three people on this board who'd have forwarded posts to the appropriate authorities.

Remember when speaking out against the war was treason?

Funny that ...

Yep. The same types of folks who handily called anyone speaking out against the war now are willing to take up arms against the government if it tries to raise their taxes.

I was called a "traitor" many times for my views about the war. But I never suggested to anyone they take up arms against their country.

Same here and nor did I.

Everyone has a breaking point. Law or no. My own observation is that the degree of boil within those who have been and are normally silent, good citizens is a lot higher than might be obvious. It has happened before. If I recall my history correctly, insurrection was one of FDRs biggest concerns.

You right wingers weren't complaining a lick when Big Brother (aka Bush) was listening to your phone calls and pushing through the UnPatriot Act.

Talk about delusional.

You won't revolt. You're too well-fed.

every Pres.has wiretapped.....and if you dont believe that,then maybe your the DELUSIONAL one...

Is it treasonous, in a time of war (yes we are still at war) to hope that the President aka: The Commander In Chief fails?

By the way, Fox News ratings are simply a reflection of how many die hard righties there are. They all watch only Fox News, wheareas the rest of the populace is split between all other news outlets.

So you are admitting that the other news outlets are slanted to the left? Finally, some one steps up and actually admits it. I'm going to positive rep you for your honesty.

Is it treasonous, in a time of war (yes we are still at war) to hope that the President aka: The Commander In Chief fails?

no.

We are not at war.

Am I the only one who understands the Constitution on this?

Just because our military is outside our borders fighting someone does not make us "at war."

Clinton never said, "We're at war" when he sent troops to Somalia and Bosnia.

The last true (and legal) war we engaged in was from 1941-1945. And isn't it funny that when we legally declare war through Congress that we have a clean exit and a certified win?

Those who ignore the Constitution suffer from ignorance, corruption, or just plain immaturity.

You right wingers weren't complaining a lick when Big Brother (aka Bush) was listening to your phone calls and pushing through the UnPatriot Act.

Talk about delusional.

You won't revolt. You're too well-fed.

Since you brought it up, how much complaining are you doing now that Big Brother has a new face? So much for the other guy will be a "Bush third term", huh? So yeah.... Let's talk about delusional.... Where would you like to start? "Change you can believe in"?

Everyone has a breaking point. Law or no. My own observation is that the degree of boil within those who have been and are normally silent, good citizens is a lot higher than might be obvious. It has happened before. If I recall my history correctly, insurrection was one of FDRs biggest concerns.

Yep

When vested interests think they are under threat from an elected administration they will work to remove it.

Business Plot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course it wasn't proven. Look at the Wikipedia entry to see the reasons.

But then look here, right here, in USMB, to see similar attitudes.

There's a significant tendency at work here. When the elites in a society lose their influence they have a huge dummy spit and will try and remove the democratically elected figures who are part of that removal of influence. And that is human nature, not US politics.

FYI - Treason

Section 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason, but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood, or forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted.

I'm no legal scholar, but calling for a revolution to overthrow the government of the United States sure as hell sounds like treason to me, based on the definition above.

So the question is, in regard to Rep. Michele Bachmann, is does this quote rise to level of advocating the violent overthrow of our government?

it's like Thomas Jefferson said, a revolution every now and then is a good thing. We are at the point, Sean, of revolution. And by that, what I mean, an orderly revolution -- where the people of this country wake up get up and make a decision that this is not going to happen on their watch.

I think it does not.

I think this chickenhawk wants to talk tough to inspire some nutters to do her dirty work for her.

And of course punks like Hannity eat that crap up with a spoon because hatemongers thrive on such tripe.

Last edited:
I'm all for a revolution.

A revolution of attitudes and actions. A return to personal responsibility would be revolutionary after decades of growing dependence on government.

A revolution need not be violent. A quiet return to personal responsibility and self sufficiency would be all the revolution needed. All that is necessary for that to happen is for people to realize that they do not need the government to legislate every area of their lives. But years of ever growing government have conditioned the public to believe that people exist to serve the government rather than the converse. Politicians blithely ignore their constituents and endeavor to propagate the myth that government can solve problems better than individuals.

We allow the government to perform social engineering experiments via income confiscation because it is for our own good. We submit to the fallacy that blind consumerism is the way to prosperity. We allow intrusion into our private lives for the good of the public.

Revolution is necessary. Not a violent revolution but rather a host of peaceful, personal revolutions where realization of one's own abilities and potential are the goal. A revolution that reestablishes the once admired values of personal responsibility and pride in oneself for being an independent thinker, for being a person of action. Once achieved, we will see a shift away from politicians who preach at the altar of ever growing government because the message will be lost on a populace that has realized that individuals have the best answers to their own challenges and we need not continue our servitude to the government.

We need to change the way we think. And then we need to act accordingly.

Last edited:

A revolution of attitudes and actions. A return to personal responsibility would be revolutionary after decades of growing dependence on government.

A revolution need not be violent. A quiet return to personal responsibility and self sufficiency would be all the revolution needed. All that is necessary for that to happen is for people to realize that they do not need the government to legislate every area of their lives. But years of ever growing government have conditioned the public to believe that people exist to serve the government rather than the converse. Politicians blithely ignore their constituents and endeavor to propagate the myth that government can solve problems better than individuals.

We allow the government to perform social engineering experiments via income confiscation because it is for our own good. We submit to the fallacy that blind consumerism is the way to prosperity. We allow intrusion into our private lives for the good of the public.

Revolution is necessary. Not a violent revolution but rather a host of peaceful, personal revolutions where realization of one's own abilities and potential are the goal. A revolution that reestablishes the once admired values of personal responsibility and pride in oneself for being an independent thinker, for being a person of action. Once achieved, we will see a shift away from politicians who preach at the altar of ever growing government because the message will be lost on a populace that has realized that individuals have the best answers to their own challenges and we need not continue our servitude to the government.

We need to change the way we think. And then we need to act in accordingly.

There were revolutions along these terms. They were called "elections".

There were revolutions along these terms. They were called "elections".

That's funny. All those choices that we had in those elections. More of the same or more of the same

I can sign onto the above.

We might differ considerably about how we need to THINK differently, but we can agree to agree about your basic premise.

Forum List

Back