Trayvon’s “stand your ground” rights

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Dick Tuck, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Dick Tuck

Dick Tuck Board Troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +502
    Interesting article about why Zimmerman is the clear aggressor, and a history of denying blacks the right to self defense.

Trayvon’s “stand your ground” rights

Trayvon was also allowed to defend himself. But the state has rarely protected African-Americans' right to do so

2. Ariux

Ariux BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +184
    5) Then Trayvon approached Zimmerman and proceeded to beat the crap out of Zimmerman.

3. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    That's when Martin lost whatever right he had.

Look at it this way. You find someone burglarizing your house. You feel threatened. You can blow them away using stand your ground as a defense. Can you follow them and confront them later? No. Can you go to their house and shoot them through the window? No.

If you did this, if you followed the burglar down the street and as he was loading your stuff in his car you attack. Who has the stand your ground defense?

The burglar.

4. Dick Tuck

Dick Tuck Board Troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +502
    Yeah, a 17 year old, with no history of violence, is just going to go out of his way to beat the crap out of someone almost double his overall body size.

5. Dick Tuck

Dick Tuck Board Troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +502
    George Zimmerman, Son of a Retired Judge, Has 3 Closed Arrests

6. Ariux

Ariux BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +184
    You mean that 17-year-old who was a self-styled racist gang-banger, who has only avoided arrest in his past by not getting caught or by virtue of youth. E.g. The school could have had Tayvon arrested for a couple of things he was suspended for (drugs and vandalism at school).

I don't know what constitutes violence in Zimmerman's arrest, but I'll bet money it doesn't involve anything significant, except in the shit that passes for brains in a liberal's head. It didn't even make it to court.

Speaking of shit for brains, it's pure shit to assert that a lean 6'3" man is trumped by a morbidly obese man of average size.

7. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,448
    personally, I have phoned 911 on someone suspicious and had that person come towards me in a threatening manner. I maintained a safe distance, Zimmermann didnt. Martin could have just continued walking, could have phoned 911 himself, or could have asked why he was being followed. Martin chose to start a fight, with tragic consequences.

8. Ariux

Ariux BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +184
    The shit-for-brains racist lynch mob keep insisting that Zimmerman approached Trayvon. It was the other way around. Zimmerman just wanted to keep an eye on the hoodlum.

Trayvon wasn't very worried. When Zimmerman called 911, he described the suspect's behavior that was intended to intimidate Zimmerman. "He's coming towards me... He's checking me out... He has his hand in his waistband..." Trayvan (nor his ho on the phone) called 911 because neither of them felt that Trayvon was significantly threatened. Why would a 6'3" proud negga be afraid of a fat hispanic man? Zimmerman, on the other hand, sounded very nervous on the 911 tape.

9. Peach

Peach Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,965
    You mean that 17-year-old who was a self-styled racist gang-banger,

Where is the evidence of THAT?

Redirect Notice

TWO WEEKS BEFORE HIS DEATH..................................

10. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    Trayvon ran and got away. Trayvon returned and faced Zimmerman. NO STAND YOUR GROUND APPLIES TO TRAYVON AT THIS TIME.