~Travels You Have Done~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
I know a lot have probably went out of the United States to see other beautiful countries, I haven't tho. I have only been traveling the United States, and most often that was done when I was a young girl.
My parents traveled a lot, mainly because of my Dad's job and I went to school in a different state, every school grade of my younger life. It was hard to make friends.
Anyway, have you traveled the great United States a lot??
How many states have some of you been to??
Anyone been to ALL of the states??
I have been to about 40 of the states, the ones I have not ventured to are the New England states, the farthest northeast I have been is Pennsylvania.
So I haven't been able to see Vermont in the Autumn or New York at Christmas time, maybe someday I will :)
But I have lived in Bullhead City, Arizona when it was 122 degrees one day!
I have lived in Oklahoma, Florida, Illinois, Ohio, and traveled into all the other states-- Nevada, down into Texas, over the Myrtle Beach.
I hated traveling back then too, I always got car sick :lol:
Now, when I travel, I must drive, and I love to drive, and I don't get car sick now.

United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland)
Ireland
France
Germany
Italy
Poland
Spain
Austria
Portugal
Switzerland
Tunisia
Trinidad & Tabago
Mexico

A few others.

Living in a place and traveling to a place are two different things.

Just isn't the same.

So very true. I have traveled into about 40 states, but I have lived in approximately 8 different states, if memory serves me right. For some reason, we kept going back and forth from Florida to Illinois a lot when I was growing up. But when we traveled, my parents wanted to see all the states, so when we went into a state, we made sure and stopped someplace there, to eat or pick up a souvenir or visit something. I really loathed that traveling tho!

Ireland
France
Germany
Italy
Poland
Spain
Austria
Portugal
Switzerland
Tunisia
Trinidad & Tabago
Mexico

A few others.

That sounds so nice!! I can only imagine how great all that was and how beautiful many of those places are. I highly doubt I will ever make it out of the USA, but I always had a wish to see Italy, Germany and Greece. (my heritage)

Just isn't the same.

So very true. I have traveled into about 40 states, but I have lived in approximately 8 different states, if memory serves me right. For some reason, we kept going back and forth from Florida to Illinois a lot when I was growing up. But when we traveled, my parents wanted to see all the states, so when we went into a state, we made sure and stopped someplace there, to eat or pick up a souvenir or visit something. I really loathed that traveling tho!

Does New Orleans count as a foreign country?

Just isn't the same.

Does New Orleans count as a foreign country?

I'm sure at certain times it most certainly could :lol:

Ireland
France
Germany
Italy
Poland
Spain
Austria
Portugal
Switzerland
Tunisia
Trinidad & Tabago
Mexico

A few others.

That sounds so nice!! I can only imagine how great all that was and how beautiful many of those places are. I highly doubt I will ever make it out of the USA, but I always had a wish to see Italy, Germany and Greece. (my heritage)

If you have to prioritize, do Italy and Greece. Both are truly stunning. Germany is nice but I prefer the others.

Ireland
France
Germany
Italy
Poland
Spain
Austria
Portugal
Switzerland
Tunisia
Trinidad & Tabago
Mexico

A few others.

If you have to prioritize, do Italy and Greece. Both are truly stunning. Germany is nice but I prefer the others.

Thanks, Italy has always been top of the list for me. Greece is special because it was so special to my Mother. Her Father, my Grandfather, was born and raised in Greece and when he came to the states, he married my Mother's Mom shortly thereafter, but my Mother said he barely knew a lick of English, he had such a hard time getting by. But my Mother adored her Dad, and she wanted so desperately to go see Greece, for he spoke of it which such delight! I don't think he lived in the best part of Greece, but to my Mother, it didn't matter, it was where her Daddy was from and she wanted to see. That was a dream she and I shared, was to see Greece together. That will not happen now. As far as Germany, my real Father was born in Germany and so I wanted to see that for myself. Since my Mother was half Greek and my real Dad was German, I call myself Greeman.

States I've been to:

Hawaii
Oregon
California
Idaho
Montana
Georgia
South Dakota
North Dakota
Wyoming
Colorado
Nevada
New Mexico
Texas
Arizona
Missouri
Kansas
Minnesota
Illinois
New York
New Jersey
Alabama
Florida
Louisiana
South Carolina
North Carolina
West Virginia
Pennsylvania
Kentucky
Iowa

Countries:
Germany
Luxemburg
France
Belgium
England
Somalia
Egypt
Kuwait
Japan
South Korea
Philippines
Guam
Thailand
Singapore
Kenya
Azores
Spain
Hong Kong
China

Last edited:

Thanks, Italy has always been top of the list for me. Greece is special because it was so special to my Mother. Her Father, my Grandfather, was born and raised in Greece and when he came to the states, he married my Mother's Mom shortly thereafter, but my Mother said he barely knew a lick of English, he had such a hard time getting by. But my Mother adored her Dad, and she wanted so desperately to go see Greece, for he spoke of it which such delight! I don't think he lived in the best part of Greece, but to my Mother, it didn't matter, it was where her Daddy was from and she wanted to see. That was a dream she and I shared, was to see Greece together. That will not happen now. As far as Germany, my real Father was born in Germany and so I wanted to see that for myself. Since my Mother was half Greek and my real Dad was German, I call myself Greeman.

I found Germany to be quite a dull country. Nice, but not special. Italy is one of the most interesting, beautiful and charming countries. Greece is also pretty cool. I think Italy would be my favorite of the three.

Ireland is, for me, the 'old country'. My Dad's family originate from Ireland. Mom's are both Irish and English. :eek: I particularly love the language... We learned Gaelic as kids so being able to speak the language is pretty cool.

I went to Kansas City once. :sad:

Seriously, I've visited 19 states, Canada, Mexico, Grand Cayman, and Cleveland.

(Yes, Cleveland IS a foreign country):lol:

Forum List

Back