The "civil rights lawyer who wrote the idiot anecdote----was BEYOND BIASED-----he borders on imbecilic. "other muslims have had this experience...." yeah...
"other hindus, other Buddhists, other jews, other Christians.....too -----but in the mind of the lawyer------THEY ^^^^^^^^ don't count

The "civil rights lawyer who wrote the idiot anecdote----was BEYOND BIASED-----he borders on imbecilic. "other muslims have had this experience...." yeah...
"other hindus, other Buddhists, other jews, other Christians.....too -----but in the mind of the lawyer------THEY ^^^^^^^^ don't count

They never asked him if he was Muslim ... They asked him why he was being a dick ... :thup:

This is just like throwing chum in the water

Explicit bias
People are more likely to express explicit bias when they perceived an individual or group to be a threat to their well being.

when people perceive their biases to be valid, they are more likely to justify unfair treatment or even violence. This unfair treatment can have long-term negative impacts on its victims' physical and mental health.

I know I was being a bitch when they turned around and let me know they could be bitches too.
Compliance wasn't the issue ... The list of what they were going to make me comply with kept getting longer, the longer I wanted to be a bitch about it.
That's an abuse of authority just like it is in this story. Lying about him breaking the law, lying saying he wasn't in compliance, clearing him the first time and then making him get rescreened 3 more times - and you noticed that as soon as he indicated he is a civil rights attorney who works in the area of unlawful government profiling, they let him go.

They do this shit because they consider themselves untouchable but damn they hate being exposed.

read the story again-----the "civil rights attorney" was throwing his WEIGHTY,
"KISS MY ASS, I AM A LAWYER" attitude around-------thus trying to get out of a
LAWFUL search--------not ethical

I read the story several times as well, and it appeared to me that he did not tell them that he was a civil rights attorney UNTIL he felt that he was being harassed.

It was obvious those people were taking their "jobs" to the extreme, and being unreasonable in the process. The traveler was patient far longer than most people would be.

There are definately some out there, if given a badge and a uniform who will let it go to their heads.

Last edited:
I read the story several times as well, and it appeared to me that he did not tell them that he was a civil rights attorney UNTIL he felt that he was being harassed.
Not just until he felt he was being harassed, but only when they asked him. Mind you had he not truthfully disclosed his occupation they could have used his failure to disclose as genuine grounds to claim he was non-compliant. And if you're curious as to how they would have known that, if he was being profiled, they would have had access to an entire dossier on him.

And contrary to previous erroneous statements made here in this thread, he wasn't the one delaying his departure. He could not leave because they had his ID, the agent indicated he was "confiscating it".

I know I was being a bitch when they turned around and let me know they could be bitches too.
Compliance wasn't the issue ... The list of what they were going to make me comply with kept getting longer, the longer I wanted to be a bitch about it.
That's an abuse of authority just like it is in this story. Lying about him breaking the law, lying saying he wasn't in compliance, clearing him the first time and then making him get rescreened 3 more times - and you noticed that as soon as he indicated he is a civil rights attorney who works in the area of unlawful government profiling, they let him go.

They do this shit because they consider themselves untouchable but damn they hate being exposed.

It was obvious those people were taking their "jobs" to the extreme, and being unreasonable in the process. The traveler was patient far longer than most people would be.

There are definately some out there, if given a badge and a uniform who will let it go to their heads.

really? where did they go wrong? I have been thru "security" many times-------Just how "INTENSIVE" it is depends on WHEN AND WHERE. ----...
and what is the latest SCUTTLEBUTT. The "because I am a muslim"
thing is BULLSHIT. I am middle aged, white as snow, short and have
an obviously jewish name. NO QUESTION ---that some people are obnoxious but I saw nothing in the story to support the "islamophobia"
thing

Not just until he felt he was being harassed, but only when they asked him. Mind you had he not truthfully disclosed his occupation they could have used his failure to disclose as genuine grounds to claim he was non-compliant. And if you're curious as to how they would have known that, if he was being profiled, they would have had access to an entire dossier on him.

And contrary to previous erroneous statements made here in this thread, he wasn't the one delaying his departure. He could not leave because they had his ID, the agent indicated he was "confiscating it".

unless the agent NEVER GAVE HIS ID back--------he did not "CONFISCATE" it. Security agents are not lawyers, they are average joes-------they are just as prone to MALAPROPISM as is our esteemed president------(or---for that matter--me....
sometimes)

He was dick when they told him he was selected for further inspection ... They asked him why he was being a dick.
He told them what he had, and what he thought that allowed him to do ... They said the equivalent of "you think?"

If he had said ... "Sorry, I'm Muslim and pissed off you stopped me. I just want to go home, so if there is nothing else, may I have my ID back, please" ...
It wouldn't have taken him as long as it did ... :thup:

really? where did they go wrong? I have been thru "security" many times-------Just how "INTENSIVE" it is depends on WHEN AND WHERE. ----...
an obviously jewish name. NO QUESTION ---that some people are obnoxious but I saw nothing in the story to support the "islamophobia"
thing

If you have to ask ME where the ones who detained him went wrong, then you must not have really read the story......in an objective manner.

One would typically assume that if they had to detain and then clear him again 4 TIMES, either they were incompetent, patently stupid, or just harassing him.

It sounds like a combination of all three.

thing

If you have to ask ME where the ones who detained him went wrong, then you must not have really read the story......in an objective manner.

One would typically assume that if they had to detain and then clear him again 4 TIMES, either they were incompetent, patently stupid, or just harassing him.

nope it was just STEPS in the clearance process----the different workers to
different protocols-----their brains are not hooked in SERIES

thing

No it was not "just steps" in the process.

They far exceeded what the "normal" process entails.

Being checked and cleared 4 times and confiscating ones ID card because "they"
assume that you have "an attitude", is some heavy handed cowboy shit.

When he mentioned

thing

When he mentioned

not impressed. His rendition of the story evinced ATTITUDE

thing

Nope. Detained and released 4 times then having ones ID confiscated because some stiff "doesn't like your attitude" are not normal steps in any "process".

thing

When he mentioned

Then don't be impressed. That's your prerogative.

thing

When he mentioned

one issue DID impress me. The Lawyer noted "THIS HAPPENS TO OTHER MUSLIMS" The fact that "it" happens to non muslims TOO----
seems like a matter of INDIFFERNCE to him

When he mentioned

one issue DID impress me. The Lawyer noted "THIS HAPPENS TO OTHER MUSLIMS" The fact that "it" happens to non muslims TOO----
seems like a matter of INDIFFERNCE to him

Maybe it was, maybe it was not. Only he knows for certain.

Forum List

Back