TRAVELING IN AMERICA - ADVICE?

Wait until you taste the food in the South though ... You will either love it or it will kill you.
Try some blackened redfish covered in crawfish etouffee over wild rice ... Or some good Tex-Mex quesadillas with chips and hot sauce.

Pack a bottle of Pepto-Bismol and an extra roll of toilet paper though ... Just in case your delicate digestive system cannot handle the shock ... :D

You forgot the BBQ!!
You could spend months travelling the South and trying out the different BBQ styles we're blessed with here in the South.
And if he were to make it to Austin Texas he could eat at the best BBQ joint on the planet.....Franklin Barbecue

Meh ... There is no way you could possibly list all the things good to eat down here ... Or where to get them.

I didn't mention Southern Classic fried chicken with mashed potatos, gravy and fried okra.
Left out fried catfish with French Market beans and hot water cornbread.

And so on ...

We don't even need to get started ... Too early for me to get hungry and crank up the kitchen.

Getting ready to pull the chicken out of the brine and get it ready for the fryer myself.
And yeah the south is loaded with good food,Cajun,Mexican,Tex Mex,BBQ and just good old southern cooking.

Steinbeck made most of that crap up.

Hey inchoate moron what was your Pulitzer for ...colon breath
John Steinbeck wins a Pulitzer for The Grapes of Wrath ...
Can't imagine why someone would object to a simple suggestion to read a book. And Steinbeck is one of the most admired writers in the English language of all time. And he loved America. What is the problem?

Who is objecting?

I'm definitely going to read this book, I love Steinbeck he's my favourite author in fact. East of Eden is incredible.

Forum List

Back