Travel help!

nycflasher

Apr 15, 2004
CT
Try to book a vacation in the Carribean for 2 in early Nov., maybe in Puerto Rico because it's pretty cheap to fly there from NYC and I've been before and liked it. I've been using travelocity to search for good deals. Any other good sites?

Thanks.

Also don't forget to ask around for a good travel agent. Mine gets me deals that could never be matched by these sites.

eric said:
Also don't forget to ask around for a good travel agent. Mine gets me deals that could never be matched by these sites.

Ah, thanks for the tip.

Liberty Travel was a pretty good one, yeah, I worked there! haha! but right about now, with all the crap with hurricanes and all, they tend to have some real specials going. Like Eric mentioned, not a bad idea to try an agent and I know they usually have great deals.

nycflasher said:
Perfect, thank you.
I'm looking at Puerto Rico, St. Thomas amd Mexico as possible destinations.

I've never been, but my cousin and his wife went to Puerto Vallarta a couple of years ago and had a blast. They recommend plenty of film for the camara (or cards if you have a digital), strong sunblock, and watching your step. The police down there looked like they meant business.

http://www.advantagemexico.com/

This is a good site for looking at stuff in Mexico. Wonder if William Joyce would be interested? :banana:

I actually found that going directly to an airline's own website gets better deals and packages than expedia and travelocity, and the like. I used Delta to book a hotel and airfare for a week in Orlando from Minneapolis last year, RT, 6d/5n hotel, all for $750.00.

Some airlines have deals and contracts with cruise ship companies and they can get you great offers.

i just bought 2 RT airfare to phoenix for $436 total including fees, and this is with America West.

Try using airlines that fly specifically on that side of the US, and down to the Ports. I found using these types save money because they specialize in certain destinations

Forum List

Back