Travel Ban Cluster: Historian Detained/nearly Deported

Thank Islam.
Think that you are an illiterate little shit. Rousso is a Jew.
You missed the point. Islam is the reason for any suspicion, therefore, thank Islam.

What's Rousso got to do with "Islam"? Hm?

The customs people royally fucked up, detaining a historian who is Jewish ---- and you want to blame "Islam"?

Ever have your density measured?
Islam is the reason for the added security that can result in detention. I'm at the airport right now. All of these layers of security are a direct result of Muslims.
Again, thank Islam.

Thank Islam.
You missed the point. Islam is the reason for any suspicion, therefore, thank Islam.

The customs people royally fucked up, detaining a historian who is Jewish ---- and you want to blame "Islam"?

Islam is the reason for the added security that can result in detention. I'm at the airport right now. All of these layers of security are a direct result of Muslims.
Again, thank Islam.

No, I don't think so. The 'enhanced' airport security is a direct result of terrorism.
And the Rump travel ban is a result of ignorance and pandering.
Note the absence of "Islam" on that list, which has been around way longer than air travel itself.

Last edited:
>> PARIS — Henry Rousso is one of France’s most preeminent scholars and public intellectuals. Last week, as the historian attempted to enter the United States to attend an academic symposium, he was detained for more than 10 hours — for no clear reason.

On Wednesday, Rousso arrived at Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport after an 11-hour flight from Paris, en route to Texas A&M University in College Station. There, he was to speak Friday afternoon at the Hagler Institute for Advanced Study.

But things did not go according to plan: Rousso — an Egyptian-born French citizen — was “mistakenly detained” by U.S. immigration authorities, according to Richard Golsan, director of the Glasscock Center for Humanities Research at Texas A&M.

“When he called me with this news two nights ago, he was waiting for customs officials to send him back to Paris as an illegal alien on the first flight out,” Golsan said Friday at the symposium, according to the Eagle, a newspaper that covers the College Station area.

The university then sprang into action, the Eagle reported, with President Michael Young reaching out to law professor Fatma Marouf, who earlier this month had assisted in writing an amicus brief against President Trump’s executive order banning refugees from around the world and travelers from seven Muslim-majority nations.

... After weeks of headlines related to Trump's travel ban, incident drew immediate attention around the world -- especially in a France on the eve of presidential elections this coming April and May.

Emmanuel Macron, the popular centrist candidate for the French presidency, used the Rousso affair to repeat his pitch to U.S. scientists and researchers who he has said would be better off in France rather than in the America of Donald Trump.

"There is no excuse for what happened to Henry Rousso," Macron wrote Sunday on Twitter. "Our country is open to scientists and intellectuals." <<​

Irony twist next:

>> Egypt — from which Rousso and his family, as Jews, were exiled in 1956, after a slew of anti-Semitic measures imposed by the administration of President Gamal Abdel Nasser, according to the Israeli newspaper Haaretz — was not among the seven nations in the travel ban, which had been suspended by the time he arrived in the United States.

Furthermore, France is a beneficiary of the U.S. visa waiver program, which permits French citizens to enter the United States without a visa. All that is required is an online ESTA application before departure. <<​

Further irony twist:

>> Rousso’s scholarship focuses on the memory of the Vichy regime, the darkest chapter in modern French history, when the government of unoccupied France collaborated with Nazi Germany in World War II. Vichy authorities are particularly infamous for assisting the Germans in rounding up and deporting tens of thousands of Jews from France during the Holocaust, which Rousso once called “the past that does not pass.” << -- US Detaiins and Nearly Deports French Holocaust Historian

You read that right --- there is actually a George Bush International Airport. Been there myself. :puke:
I flew into George Bush International Airport from another nation after the travel ban was implemented. They had special lanes for those incoming people.

No lines, ours was a long line.

Thank Islam.

Again, thank Islam.

No, I don't think so. The 'enhanced' airport security is a direct result of terrorism.
Note the absence of "Islam" on that list, which has been around way longer than air travel itself.
The terrorism that prompted the security was done by muslims in the name of Islam.
You're dishonest.

12,000 airports 3M visitors a day , 8 year old kids being groped at the airport, and liberals shit their pants over a few fucking Muslims being mistakenly detained each day. Good grief.

He's Jewish. And a French citizen. And was held for ten hours (after an 11-hour flight) for no reason.

Way to read the post, Dumbass.
doesn't change the point millions pass through w/o issue. yet when an issue does happen, as it will for any "side" at any given time (or do you need links of liberal plans having flaws here?) yet when you're against the move itself, you parade it around like it happens 20% of the time or something.

no system is perfect and unfortunately things like this will happen. but again, to either side on any idea. now what if we let anyone through regardless and 1 of them committed a mass shooting. can we pretend all the rest are also failures now just to make the 1 bad occurrence suddenly be the "norm"?

all this 'Normalizing the extreme" really has to stop and people put things into perspective.

>> PARIS — Henry Rousso is one of France’s most preeminent scholars and public intellectuals. Last week, as the historian attempted to enter the United States to attend an academic symposium, he was detained for more than 10 hours — for no clear reason.

On Wednesday, Rousso arrived at Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport after an 11-hour flight from Paris, en route to Texas A&M University in College Station. There, he was to speak Friday afternoon at the Hagler Institute for Advanced Study.

But things did not go according to plan: Rousso — an Egyptian-born French citizen — was “mistakenly detained” by U.S. immigration authorities, according to Richard Golsan, director of the Glasscock Center for Humanities Research at Texas A&M.

“When he called me with this news two nights ago, he was waiting for customs officials to send him back to Paris as an illegal alien on the first flight out,” Golsan said Friday at the symposium, according to the Eagle, a newspaper that covers the College Station area.

The university then sprang into action, the Eagle reported, with President Michael Young reaching out to law professor Fatma Marouf, who earlier this month had assisted in writing an amicus brief against President Trump’s executive order banning refugees from around the world and travelers from seven Muslim-majority nations.

... After weeks of headlines related to Trump's travel ban, incident drew immediate attention around the world -- especially in a France on the eve of presidential elections this coming April and May.

Emmanuel Macron, the popular centrist candidate for the French presidency, used the Rousso affair to repeat his pitch to U.S. scientists and researchers who he has said would be better off in France rather than in the America of Donald Trump.

"There is no excuse for what happened to Henry Rousso," Macron wrote Sunday on Twitter. "Our country is open to scientists and intellectuals." <<​

Irony twist next:

>> Egypt — from which Rousso and his family, as Jews, were exiled in 1956, after a slew of anti-Semitic measures imposed by the administration of President Gamal Abdel Nasser, according to the Israeli newspaper Haaretz — was not among the seven nations in the travel ban, which had been suspended by the time he arrived in the United States.

Furthermore, France is a beneficiary of the U.S. visa waiver program, which permits French citizens to enter the United States without a visa. All that is required is an online ESTA application before departure. <<​

Further irony twist:

>> Rousso’s scholarship focuses on the memory of the Vichy regime, the darkest chapter in modern French history, when the government of unoccupied France collaborated with Nazi Germany in World War II. Vichy authorities are particularly infamous for assisting the Germans in rounding up and deporting tens of thousands of Jews from France during the Holocaust, which Rousso once called “the past that does not pass.” << -- US Detaiins and Nearly Deports French Holocaust Historian

You read that right --- there is actually a George Bush International Airport. Been there myself. :puke:

It is also refer to IAH and was named after Bush I and not II...

I had trouble with the TSA there when traveling to Hilo, Hawaii because one little punk was suspicious because I had no bags for the flight...

Oh and I am white...

So IAH is not so great at all... Well like Bush I only term as President...

Again, thank Islam.

The terrorism that prompted the security was done by muslims in the name of Islam.
You're dishonest.

Nope. It was done for a geopolitical agenda. What their individual religious practices were, you have no clue.

12,000 airports 3M visitors a day , 8 year old kids being groped at the airport, and liberals shit their pants over a few fucking Muslims being mistakenly detained each day. Good grief.

He's Jewish. And a French citizen. And was held for ten hours (after an 11-hour flight) for no reason.

doesn't change the point millions pass through w/o issue. yet when an issue does happen, as it will for any "side" at any given time (or do you need links of liberal plans having flaws here?) yet when you're against the move itself, you parade it around like it happens 20% of the time or something.

no system is perfect and unfortunately things like this will happen. but again, to either side on any idea. now what if we let anyone through regardless and 1 of them committed a mass shooting. can we pretend all the rest are also failures now just to make the 1 bad occurrence suddenly be the "norm"?

all this 'Normalizing the extreme" really has to stop and people put things into perspective.

I've made no mention of "20% of the time" or any such proportion. This was a simple story of a single case, being an exhibit of not just what this idea of profiling leads to but where simple refusal to think leads.

There's no way it should take ten hours to figure out that the traveller is (a) a French citizen; (b) an academic, and (c) has a completely and verifiably legitimate reason to be entering the country. That takes a few minutes, if it's ever a question at all.

I'm actually more concerned that people this degree of stupid are in those positions, than that there's a particular Executive Order. Because they clearly can't handle it. That's why I used the term "cluster" in the title.

Last edited:

Irony twist next:

Further irony twist:

It is also refer to IAH and was named after Bush I and not II...

I had trouble with the TSA there when traveling to Hilo, Hawaii because one little punk was suspicious because I had no bags for the flight...

Oh and I am white...

So IAH is not so great at all... Well like Bush I only term as President...

I've been on that same flight. It's loooooooooooong. Had no TSA issues, although my physical characteristics wouldn't meet anybody's profile. I could prolly get away with speaking Arabic.

I've made no mention of "20% of the time" or any such proportion. This was a simple story of a single case, being an exhibit of not just what this idea of profiling leads to but where simple refusal to think leads.

There's no way it should take ten hours to figure out that the traveller is (a) a French citizen; (b) an academic, and (c) has a completely and verifiably legitimate reason to be entering the country. That takes a few minutes, if it's ever a question at all.

I'm actually more concerned that people this degree of stupid are in those positions, than that there's a particular Executive Order. Because they can't handle it.
you're right. but i had to pull a # somewhere to go by.

no one ever said this wouldn't be easy or without mistakes. all systems have mistakes. what i *am* saying if you're choosing to pull this incident out and make it a poster child for why we SHOULD NOT do this because a few people will be taken to task for xyz reason.

who said this would never lead to innocent people being detained or how long that would take? no one i've ever seen. it's accepted as a hopefully rare but necessary occurrence by those who support the policy. those who don't like the policy or the people putting it in place will pull these out and use them as examples of THEIR stance while ignoring all the good the moves can or may be doing.

you find what you're looking for. if you're looking to hate this move, you'll find the reasons why. if you're looking to love it, you'll find again, reasons why.

maybe step back and take emo out of it and think what can we do, what else should be done and how can we minimize this further and still obtain overall objectives? (not personal ones).

but we're a long long way as a country from ever doing that again.

Again, thank Islam.

You're dishonest.

Nope. It was done for a geopolitical agenda. What their individual religious practices were, you have no clue.
As a response to incessant Muslim terrorism. You live in make-believe.

Again, thank Islam.

You're dishonest.

Guess I'll just copy and paste that indefinitely until it starts to sink in.

Again, thank Islam.

You're dishonest.

You intentionally cut the sequence short by one step because of bias. The entire thing was generated by Muslim terrorism.

You're dishonest.

You intentionally cut the sequence short by one step because of bias. The entire thing was generated by Muslim terrorism.

"Sequence"? "Step"?
Might want to go easy on the aerosol propellants. Again, It was done for a geopolitical agenda. What their individual religious practices were, you have no clue.

Forum List

Back