Travel Ban 2.0 DejaVu?

The president is well within his rights and duties to set immigration policy.

A federal Judge is absolutely exceeding the scope of their assigned duties and powers by denying the president his right to perform his duties.

Those judges will absolutely be impeached.

[

Yeah, the guy that lost the popular vote by millions & millions.

Yeah, the Patriots had WAY less home runs, they couldn't win the Superbowl.

You fascists sure are smart.

Here's your sign.

image.jpeg

[

Here's your sign.

View attachment 117654

You have lots of hate, not too many brains. Yep, you're a democrat.

Your baseless assumptions don't amount to diddly squat :)

I deal in facts, I am not a fascist democrat.

6 nations out of 49. 6 which are in fact SMALLER nations, does not a "Muslim ban" make, despite the lies of your party and your Fuhrer.

lb170318cd20170317071553.jpg

[

Here's your sign.

View attachment 117654

6 nations out of 49. 6 which are in fact SMALLER nations, does not a "Muslim ban" make, despite the lies of your party and your Fuhrer.

Your cartoon does show trump for the man he really is. An impotent pos that nobody pays any attention too :)

Here's your sign.

View attachment 117654

Your cartoon does show trump for the man he really is. An impotent pos that nobody pays any attention too :)

Oh, is THAT what you think it shows, sploogy?

Oh, is THAT what you think it shows, sploogy?

Sploogy?????????

I'm just shaking in my shoes. Nice touch using the inappropriate personal information threats, too, along with a loaded gun. There's actually no question who I'm more concerned about now.
That's right. You're more concerned with the terrorist who's trying to kill you, and just might succeed, if it's a gun-free zone, and there's no good guy with a gun to defend you (if you're too negligent to have your own gun to defend yourself with)

Sorry to spoil your delusion that everything is nice and pretty and safe. Life is hard - I didn't make it that way. In fact, I'm making it easier by protecting your negligent butt.

Trump should just stop all immigration, period. We gain nothing with a constant flow of people taking our jobs and sucking up our social resources. Does $20 Trillion in debt ring any bells?
Hey Ricky Retardo.... America would not be who she is without the contributions by immigrants. If someone has to go it should be the welfare laden red state trailer park trash like yourself. They're the real burdens on society.

That political hack said it was "discrimination based on nationality" What a load of bullshit.
He should be ashamed of himself.
More and more I see you appreciating abuse of power, old lady.
Its the Presidents job FFS

Democrooks entire agenda revolves around undermining the country. The DNC is a malignant entity, and the criminally insane totalitarian sociopaths who run it are traitors.

You have drunk the koolaid where it's coming out of your ears eyes nose wherever.

I believe the "constitutionality" premise is that our government is not supposed to impose any laws or actions based on a person's religion. It isn't the rights of the foreigners here that are being questioned. It's the imposition against our government taking action based on the fact of a religion. That is my understanding. I'm not a lawyer, so I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but that is what the Hawaii court is maintaining, I believe. The previous court had similar concerns.

I hope the Supreme Court will review this quickly and get it over with. From all I've heard, the President will get this travel ban in the end. I just hope he doesn't fiddle around until Gorsich is confirmed and sitting on the Court before he appeals the decision of the lower court. This limbo is not just hard for the people from those six countries, it is also fairly embarrassing that our current administration can't come up with a seemingly acceptable E.O., even on the second try.
Yes it is embarrassing - that a few morons (ie. judges) are trashing our national security, to defend lunatics (Muslims) whose ideology (masquerading as a religion) is clearly to kill us all. It is embarrassing that we can't fix such an improper situation.

A federal Judge is absolutely exceeding the scope of their assigned duties and powers by denying the president his right to perform his duties.

Unless that policy conflicts with federal law, where it's illegal to discriminate on the grounds of religion.

Unless that policy conflicts with federal law, where it's illegal to discriminate on the grounds of religion.

No, because they willingly did things that are out of line with precedent and against the law.

Trump should just stop all immigration, period. We gain nothing with a constant flow of people taking our jobs and sucking up our social resources. Does $20 Trillion in debt ring any bells?
Hey Ricky Retardo.... America would not be who she is without the contributions by immigrants. If someone has to go it should be the welfare laden red state trailer park trash like yourself. They're the real burdens on society.

Nothing would be more advantageous than to get rid of the welfare state for us Republicans.

The Donald tryin' to protect us from the terrorists...
thumbsup.gif

Supreme Court cancels travel ban oral arguments
Mon September 25, 2017 - White House unveils new travel restrictions
In an unexpected announcement, the Supreme Court said it will not hear oral arguments on the travel ban as scheduled on October 10. The court wants to hear from both sides if the issue is moot after the proclamation President Donald Trump issued Sunday night. Those briefs are due October 5. This is not a ruling about the constitutionality or a final decision from the court: The one-page unsigned announcement simply removes the case from the oral argument schedule for the moment. Legal experts have said for days that they thought Travel Ban 3.0 might -- down the road -- stop the justices from weighing in on the constitutionality of the travel ban. The justices could reschedule arguments, but it's likely those arguments would focus on whether there is still a live controversy before the Supreme Court, or whether the case should be sent back down to the lower courts to review any changes in the ban.

Solicitor General Noel J. Francisco filed a letter with the Supreme Court "respectfully suggesting" that the justices request supplemental briefs from both sides by October 5 because of the new restrictions the President has outlined. In the letter, Francisco emphasized that part of the March travel ban had expired, and the administration is putting in place new restrictions after a worldwide review. The court's order on Monday was in response to Francisco's request. "In general, when one policy expires and a new policy is developed, the court may consider any challenge to the expired policy to be moot," said Irv Gornstein, the executive director of the Supreme Court Institute at Georgetown Law. Gornstein stressed he was talking generally, but he suggested that if the parties are no longer affected by the new policy, or its impact has changed, there may not be the injury that is necessary to establish a case -- potentially meaning things will have to start anew. The new restrictions cover eight countries -- Chad, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Syria, Venezuela, Somalia and Yemen -- and replace a provision of the travel ban that expired Sunday night.

In the proclamation, Trump wrote that he was acting "by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America." The restrictions, tailored to the individual countries, generally go into effect by October 18. "Because the new iteration of the travel ban applies in different ways to different countries from the March executive order, it's hard to imagine that the Supreme Court wouldn't want to hear first from the lower courts," said Steve Vladeck, CNN's Supreme Court analyst and professor of law at the University of Texas School of Law. (Vladeck co-authored a brief arguing that the current case is moot and that the Supreme Court should keep on the books lower court decisions that enjoined key provisions of the March order.) "As these developments show, the fact that the cases have now likely become moot is entirely because of the government's voluntary actions," he said. "In such circum stances, it wouldn't be fair to hand a victory to the government by wiping away the lower court decisions ruling against them." In briefs filed with the Supreme Court on a different issue considering the entry ban's expiration, the Justice Department argued that if the court were to ultimately dismiss the case as moot it should wipe away the decisions below.

MORE

See also:

Trump administration announces new travel restrictions
Mon September 25, 2017 - 8 countries are now affected; The new restrictions take effect Oct. 18
The Trump administration has unveiled new travel restrictions on certain foreigners from Chad, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Syria, Venezuela and Yemen as a replacement to a central portion of its controversial travel ban signed earlier this year. The new restrictions on travel vary by country and include a phased-in approach beginning next month. "Making America Safe is my number one priority. We will not admit those into our country we cannot safely vet," President Donald Trump tweeted just after his administration released the details of the restrictions Sunday night.

In a statement Sunday night, the White House called the new restrictions a "critical step toward establishing an immigration system that protects Americans' safety and security in an era of dangerous terrorism and transnational crime.""We cannot afford to continue the failed policies of the past, which present an unacceptable danger to our country," Trump said in the White House statement. "My highest obligation is to ensure the safety and security of the American people, and in issuing this new travel order, I am fulfilling that sacred obligation."

For the last three months, the administration used an executive order to ban foreign nationals from six Muslim-majority countries from entering the US unless they have a "bona fide" relationship with a person or entity in the country. Those nations included Iran, Syria, Libya, Somalia, Yemen, and Sudan. Individuals with that "bona fide" exception -- such as a foreign grandparent of a US citizen -- can still apply for visas until October 18. After that date, the new restrictions on travel will begin. The revised travel ban effecting those from six-Muslim majority countries officially expired earlier Sunday, and Sudan was removed from the list of affected countries.

The new list of countries notably includes several non-Muslim majority nations, including North Korea and Venezuela. In most instances, travel will be broadly suspended, while in other cases, travelers will have to undergo enhanced screening and vetting requirements. For instance, foreign nationals from North Korea are banned, but a student from Iran will be allowed in, subject to "enhanced screening and vetting requirements," according to the President's new proclamation.

MORE

It doesnt ring a bell but it lets me know how illiterate you are when it comes to finance and immigration.
/----/ You don't know we're 20 trillion in debt? Seriously? Or are you just playing stupid to get attention?

Forum List

Back