Trapped in an alien land: Tales of trafficking and identity theft from the north-east

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Unregistered placement agencies in the north-east, in states such as Manipur and Mizoram, are sending women and young girls to Southeast Asian and Gulf countries, taking advantage of the porous border that north-east India shares with Myanmar. Myanmar is, however, just a stop-over, where the girls are given a new identity and trained for their life to come, before being sent to work in salons or as housemaids in countries such as Singapore. Their Indian documents are taken away and they are given Myanmarese passports. The physical resemblance between the people on both sides of the border makes the identity switch easy.

...The modus operandi is similar in most of the cases in the region. A local agent scouts for girls and lures them with the promise of employment – to work as a housemaid or babysitter, with good food and accommodation, in Singapore, Thailand or China. The offer is irresistible for both the parents and girls: 500 Singapore dollars or ₹25,000 a month. “Owing to AFSPA, the prevailing armed conflict and mass displacement, sources of income are limited,” points out Hechin Haokip, secretary, Centre for Women and Girls in the hill districts of Chandel and Tengnoupal.

As a rule, the first six-seven months’ salary is kept by the agents and the girls are promised full salary thereafter. The network usually involves three sets of agents – one in India, the other in Myanmar and the last in the destination country.
Trapped in an alien land: Tales of trafficking and identity theft from the north-east

And it's the same lay out experienced in other countries. It doesn't change.

Impoverished people are desperate to feed their families and sometimes that pressure is laid on the shoulders of young females.
Sadly Desir...this is a very common practice throughout Asia. Girls from many countries sign on to these pacts. In the end it really is the luck of the draw where they end up. I have known perfectly content Pinay factory workers in Korea, and au pairs in Bangkok who were treated well. However, I have heard and known people who had direct relatives who ended up being sex slaves in Dubai. They left under the auspice that they would be 'entertainers' and ended up prostituting themselves out to pay 'fees'.
It really does boil down to who your agent is. The trade has many shady individuals and knowing who is good and who is bad is partially luck and partially being in 'the know'.
The world is a very cruel place.

Slavery is alive and well, has been all along; too bad we have all these Burb Brats who expend huge efforts on fake history here rather than on efforts to actually do something about genuine slavery. That's probably because they don't actually care about slavery at all, just making noises and then going back to hitting their bongs.

Impoverished people are desperate to feed their families and sometimes that pressure is laid on the shoulders of young females.
Sadly Desir...this is a very common practice throughout Asia. Girls from many countries sign on to these pacts. In the end it really is the luck of the draw where they end up. I have known perfectly content Pinay factory workers in Korea, and au pairs in Bangkok who were treated well. However, I have heard and known people who had direct relatives who ended up being sex slaves in Dubai. They left under the auspice that they would be 'entertainers' and ended up prostituting themselves out to pay 'fees'.
It really does boil down to who your agent is. The trade has many shady individuals and knowing who is good and who is bad is partially luck and partially being in 'the know'.

The typical Muslim practice is to kill them when they tire of them or they get disabled and too tired to work. this has been their practice for many centuries, and why you don't see many minorities in the ME despite many centuries of slavery. After the major slave revolts in the 12th Century or so, they began castrating black male slaves, using full frontal castration, which probably killed 90% of them, and black females became the most numerous along with Slav captives and Euros from the Balkans.

List of organizations that combat human trafficking - Wikipedia

You would think these orgs don't exist if you went by 'progressive' and Democratic Party media, and they don't get much support from 'social justice warriors'; I guess there are too many of those evul Xians involved to make it trendy or something. Plus, these traffickers tend to shoot people, and the govts. don't care about their sniveling and tend to arrest them for social justice warring stuff, which takes all the fun out of it for the Burb Brats. No free pot and no ads on Craig's List offering $12 an hour for their time.

It's a common practice everywhere. It happened some 20 years ago with the influx of people from the Eastern Bloc. Same set up. It doesn't get solved because it really is about class.

It's a common practice everywhere. It happened some 20 years ago with the influx of people from the Eastern Bloc. Same set up.
It still happens today. The ME and Asia are filled with former Eastern Bloc (mostly Russian) 'comfort workers'. I was once in a restaurant where a Russian vacationer (assumed) confronted another Russian female. The conversation started in Russian, but when things became heated it converted quickly, oddly enough, to English.
I think it was for the 'benefit' of the client. The vacationer asked the Russian female 'worker'.
"Does your mother know you are here child?...you should call her"
There was no reply.
It was very weird NTL. However, it doesn't take an medium to know what was taking place.

It's a common practice everywhere. It happened some 20 years ago with the influx of people from the Eastern Bloc. Same set up.
It still happens today. The ME and Asia are filled with former Eastern Bloc (mostly Russian) 'comfort workers'. I was once in a restaurant where a Russian vacationer (assumed) confronted another Russian female. The conversation started in Russian, but when things became heated it converted quickly, oddly enough, to English.
I think it was for the 'benefit' of the client. The vacationer asked the Russian female 'worker'.
"Does your mother know you are here child?...you should call her"
There was no reply.
It was very weird NTL. However, it doesn't take an medium to know what was taking place.

They came here to the US. Florida had a lot. The older women and males worked in hotels and back of the house set ups. The younger and/or attractive women were sent to the strip club circuit.

th

*****SAD SMILE*****

:(

The Japanese Yakuza were notorious for running fake ads and agencies in Europe and the U.S. in the 1980's and 1990's; Caucasian women were popular over there. Haven't heard much from the media about that in along time; probably because the media follows fashion trends and the public never gets follow ups on anything often, so it's usually back to business after a brief time in the spotlight. And with Trump bashing fake news all the rage, pretty everything has been pushed aside, for DA Cause, by the hacks and frauds.. So much for a 'fourth estate'.

Forum List

Back