Transportation Chief: Distracted Driving a 'Menace'

Transportation Chief: Distracted Driving a 'Menace' - Political News - FOXNews.com

If they passed a "no cell phone usage of any kind while driving" law, I'd be fine with it. Would you?

Lets take a look at some of those numbers.
800,000 vehicles a day driven by somebody using a cellphone is equal to (365 days X 800,000 occurences) 292,000,000 (292 million) occurances.
5,870 people were killed by "distracted drivers" (notice that it doesn't blame all distraction on cell phones).
Lets assume that all 5,870 deaths were due to cell phones just for a moment, even though we know that isn't true.
That means 0.002% of fatalities. That's 2 out 1 million. Remember, we assumed that every "distracted" fatality was attributable to cell phone distraction (which we know isn't true). I'd say my odds of getting killed by an asshole driving while on a cell phone are pretty minimal.

Figures right from the NHTSA? Its a good law, there are too many accidents, if one of those dead is a freind or family member your attitude would be much different.

Thanks for telling me what my opinion is. Aren't you the helpful one.
I notice you didn't dispute any of the facts I posted, nor argue agains't them. Good job, not.

Forum List

Back