transplant organ trafficking

pee-wee-herman.jpg

I know you are, but what am I? :rolleyes:

A prime summary of all your posts here at USMB

Yet more hysteria from the droolers who think everyone should do what they want. Free choice, people. Donate if you want to and don't if you dont.

I am a donor. I am registered both in the US and UK. If I die, they can take whatever they want but do I think that should entitle me to jump the transplant list? Hell no.

Good point Cali Girl. I chose not to become a donor due to the fact I smoked when I was younger, have been exposed to large amounts of chemicals in my line of work and have been exposed to asbestos. Let's face it. There is definately a "pecking order" when one is on an organ donor list. For those who aren't near the top there are alternatives no matter how distasteful they may be to some. A person will go to great lengths to save their own life if they believe they have a chance. The black market in human organ trafficking exploits this. What can we do about it? Nothing at this point. In the future though when cloning individual organs becomes commonplace we will have to put up with it for now. Regulation and laws will not stop it.

Yet more hysteria from the droolers who think everyone should do what they want. Free choice, people. Donate if you want to and don't if you dont.

I am a donor. I am registered both in the US and UK. If I die, they can take whatever they want but do I think that should entitle me to jump the transplant list? Hell no.

Good point Cali Girl. I chose not to become a donor due to the fact I smoked when I was younger, have been exposed to large amounts of chemicals in my line of work and have been exposed to asbestos. Let's face it. There is definately a "pecking order" when one is on an organ donor list. For those who aren't near the top there are alternatives no matter how distasteful they may be to some. A person will go to great lengths to save their own life if they believe they have a chance. The black market in human organ trafficking exploits this. What can we do about it? Nothing at this point. In the future though when cloning individual organs becomes commonplace we will have to put up with it for now. Regulation and laws will not stop it.

that's two good points from you. first the NJ scandal (what is the current state of the prosecution in that?) and now the pecking order for organs.

couldn't be more true

when someone like larry hagman or david crosby wipes out their liver from drinking and drugs, they can get a new one no problemo. when an indigent person drinks herself into needing a new liver, forget it. my neighbors just buried their daughter because she couldn't get approved for a transplant.

New Topics

Forum List

Back