Transparency in the vote

Hahahaah , you never let facts keep you from beliving what you chose to believe huh?

To repeat, the part that is new here, is that Humboldt county has set up an independent transparent audit of the vote that is separate from the machines. Dropped votes were immediately discovered in Humboldt's primaries, because of this. The general election has not been audited yet because they need a server that can handle the bandwidth (or something like this.)

Federal election commission eyes Humboldt - Times-Standard Online

If you follow the link you will see there is plenty to complain about on the issue, from every angle.

And, just because we made a mistake some years ago should not mean we have to live with it now.

Just yet another massive waste of tax dollars brought to us by the current republican party.

We will have to trash most of the current machines.

Just yet another massive waste of tax dollars brought to us by the current republican party.

yeah, cause the GOP had those super majorities in 2002 :rolleyes:

this is what shows you are nothing more than a partisan hack

Does it matter ? Republicans or Democrats get elected everytime anyway.

Well, I tried nominating you as a third party candidate for 2012, offered to run your campaign through the internet and put Obama's fundraising to shame, you coulda been a contender, but you said no. :D

Well, I tried nominating you as a third party candidate for 2012, offered to run your campaign through the internet and put Obama's fundraising to shame, you coulda been a contender, but you said no. :D
:lol:

did he say "if nominated, i will not run, if elected, i will not serve"?

I think he said having Callgirl as his fundraiser would be too controversial..... heeheehehe

To repeat, the part that is new here, is that Humboldt county has set up an independent transparent audit of the vote that is separate from the machines. Dropped votes were immediately discovered in Humboldt's primaries, because of this. The general election has not been audited yet because they need a server that can handle the bandwidth (or something like this.)

Federal election commission eyes Humboldt - Times-Standard Online

If you follow the link you will see there is plenty to complain about on the issue, from every angle.

And, just because we made a mistake some years ago should not mean we have to live with it now.

Claiming it was a nefarious Republican plot is the problem. You have no evidence, no facts and no proof. It is and has always BENN the job of each State to handle their own elections. Last I checked the Republicans do not control every State. Further it is usually up to the local district what method they use within the constraints of the State Budget.

If there is a problem, fix it. But quit claiming that magically the republicans fixed 2002, 2004 but somehow forgot how in 2006 and 2008.

Did your family have an children that had an IQ over 40? The Republicans did not buy every machine and in fact it was the hew and cry of the Democrats and the press in 2000 and 2001 that lead to electronic machines being fast tracked. But even at that EACH State is responsible for their own elections, EACH State choses what to buy and use. Unless you can provide evidence that those pesky Republicans in the US Congress FORCED any State to buy a specific machine you have not got a leg to stand on.

Claiming it was a nefarious Republican plot is the problem. You have no evidence, no facts and no proof. It is and has always BENN the job of each State to handle their own elections. Last I checked the Republicans do not control every State. Further it is usually up to the local district what method they use within the constraints of the State Budget.

If there is a problem, fix it. But quit claiming that magically the republicans fixed 2002, 2004 but somehow forgot how in 2006 and 2008.

I don't think I claimed that here, at all. I try not to claim it, though occasionally opinion slips in and I do claim it, but whether I claim it or not it seems to be the conclusion a lot of people reach on their own, whether prematurely or not. Because all the circumstantial evidence looks incredibly skewed. But you are absolutely right, there have been no convictions on it yet.

I think the biggest voting integrity news item this year was Diebold admitting that their code has been dropping votes since 2000. This is not anything like someone being convicted of criminal activity, but it certainly is a critically important item for the electorate to know - don't you agree? That their machines don't count votes properly?

The present news item is surprising partly because our SoS ran that top-to-bottom review of the systems, decertified a bunch of stuff and I thought our elections in CA were pretty safe as a result, and THIS bugaboo still got through. 197 votes might not be much, but it's in the same ballpark as the numbers being thrown around in the MN senate race.

I do plan to keep up on the election integrity news, because your vote is important. Hope you don't mind.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back