Transparency Denied..?

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I'm thinking transparency is important to all sides of the political spectrum and that it's probably the one commitment that Obama and the Democrats in Congress blew the most with the American people..To me it's important but I wonder how others feel about it..

------------------------:eusa_eh:

My Administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in Government. We will work together to ensure the public trust and establish a system of transparency, public participation, and collaboration. Openness will strengthen our democracy and promote efficiency and effectiveness in Government.

Government should be transparent. Transparency promotes accountability and provides information for citizens about what their Government is doing. Information maintained by the Federal Government is a national asset. My Administration will take appropriate action, consistent with law and policy, to disclose information rapidly in forms that the public can readily find and use. Executive departments and agencies should harness new technologies to put information about their operations and decisions online and readily available to the public. Executive departments and agencies should also solicit public feedback to identify information of greatest use to the public.

Transparency and Open Government | The White House

The transparency issue should be Obama's like Bush Sr's "read my lips" or Bush Jr's "mission accomplished"...but that is not going to happen since the media is on his side.

This has to be the least transparent administration since Nixon.

The Who did a memorable song called Won't get fooled Again with those exact lyrics...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LabxxEgMTjo[/ame]

Obama.... new boss same as the old boss. Only the stupid cannot see this.

Hey...is that an insult.. or am I too stupid to tell..ah.. or both...:eek:

She wasn't baggin' on you. CG just was making the statement that nothing had changed no matter what the left thinks....business as usual.

I think I'm having one of those days when you're too relaxed to think properly and you just don't really care..:lol:

I'm thinking transparency is important to all sides of the political spectrum and that it's probably the one commitment that Obama and the Democrats in Congress blew the most with the American people..To me it's important but I wonder how others feel about it..

------------------------:eusa_eh:

My Administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in Government. We will work together to ensure the public trust and establish a system of transparency, public participation, and collaboration. Openness will strengthen our democracy and promote efficiency and effectiveness in Government.

Government should be transparent. Transparency promotes accountability and provides information for citizens about what their Government is doing. Information maintained by the Federal Government is a national asset. My Administration will take appropriate action, consistent with law and policy, to disclose information rapidly in forms that the public can readily find and use. Executive departments and agencies should harness new technologies to put information about their operations and decisions online and readily available to the public. Executive departments and agencies should also solicit public feedback to identify information of greatest use to the public.

Transparency and Open Government | The White House
The Agencies Key To Trump’s Immigration Agenda Keep A Lot Of Secrets
Getting responses through the Freedom Of Information Act can be a serious challenge.
The Agencies Key To Trump's Immigration Agenda Keep A Lot Of Secrets | HuffPost

Under the law, the government is supposed to grant or deny Freedom of Information Act requests (which any member of the public can file) within 20 working days, with some exceptions, and provide records unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure.

But if you file a FOIA request with ICE or CBP, you may find yourself in a bureaucratic morass: Fighting a faceless online portal (with CBP), watching your request ping-pong between agencies or sub-agencies, getting summarily rejected, struggling to talk to a human (ICE switched to an email-only system about two years ago), and waiting months — or more than a year — to get back a document that may be heavily redacted, according to HuffPost interviews with requesters. Some say they must resort to litigation to get any meaningful response.

Starting in early January 2017, shortly before Trump’s inauguration, ICE “stopped providing a lot of the key indicators that would allow you to examine the agency’s performance,” she said — and the agency’s responses have “gone downhill from there.”

I'm all for transparency - how about some transparent TAX RETURNS, FROM TRUMP?

Forum List

Back