Transmission function without battery power.

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
Shouldn't my car go into neutral with the battery dead? What If i had to tow the mother?

It's a lexus. I didn't choose it either. I would have gotten a pickup truck.

It should just fine - the only exception would be if it had an electric lock-out switch, which only allowed shifting if the brake pedal was depressed.

If it's locked, you'll have to jack up the drive wheels and carry the car on dollies.

• Banned
-=d=- said:
It should just fine - the only exception would be if it had an electric lock-out switch, which only allowed shifting if the brake pedal was depressed.

If it's locked, you'll have to jack up the drive wheels and carry the car on dollies.

Yep. THat's it. THe electric lockout switch. It has that. Damn. I have another car and jumper cables but I'm front end in in the garage. If I had a second set of cables I could daisy chain them, right?

• Banned
freeandfun1 said:
Very carefully! :tng:

If you guys never hear from me again you know what happened. USMB is in my will. Upon my death, my estate is directed to upgrade me to a gold membership!

rtwngAvngr said:
If you guys never hear from me again you know what happened. USMB is in my will. Upon my death, my estate is directed to upgrade me to a gold membership!

If that happens, make sure you continue to post from the afterlife.... just don't discuss religion! :thewave:

• Banned
freeandfun1 said:
If that happens, make sure you continue to post from the afterlife.... just don't discuss religion! :thewave:

"Rwa here, from the afterlife, guess what, heaven is just a big neverending football game!"

Forum List

Back