Transcriptaluza! Transcript of Verilli getting his butt kicked by Conservative USSC!

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Bad day at the SCOTUS for Obama Whoring General, er I mean Soliciter General.

I said Whore. I guess the "war on women" liberals will come after me. Too bad I don't have any sponsors! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://www.supremecourt.gov/oral_arguments/argument_transcripts/11-398-Tuesday.pdf

It's a PDF. Hope your Adobe is up to date libs! :D

Oh and heck ya we have audio! Supreme Court of the United States

Didn't think I would leave out liberals educated at public school who can't read a legal doc, did ya? :D

Bottom line Verilli got his butt and head handed to him.

Here's some highlights of the questions legal drubbing Verilli got:

JUSTICE KENNEDY: Can you create commerce in
order to regulate it?

JUSTICE SCALIA: So, any self-purchasing? Anything I -- you know, if I'm in any market at all, my failure to purchase something in that market subjects me to regulation.

CHIEF JUSTICE ROBERTS: Well, the same, it seems to me, would be true, say, for the market in emergency services: police, fire, ambulance, roadside assistance, whatever. You don't know when you're going to need it; you're not sure that you will. But the same is true for health care. You don't know if you're going to need a heart transplant or if you ever will. So, there's a market there. In some extent, we all participate in it.

So, can the government require you to buy a cell phone because that would facilitate responding when you need emergency services? You can just dial 911 no matter where you are?

JUSTICE SCALIA: Could you define the market -- everybody has to buy food sooner or later, so you define the market as food, therefore, everybody is in the market; therefore, you can make people buy broccoli.

That's just some of the highlights. There was also an extended questioning about whether this precedent of a mandate could extend into forcing us to buy burial insurance.

Bottom line, the Conservative Justices really made it clear they could see where the government is going with this mandate.

I loved it. Now let's see if they will wimp out when it comes to voting on this.

Keep the Conservatives Justices in your prayers!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I don't see how it can be overturned without getting rid of Medicare, too. The precedents are too deep, including SS another (nearly)universal tax for service. It's the choice we've made as a society, once we've agreed that accident victims aren't left on the side of the road until their insurance status is verfied.

I don't see how it can be overturned without getting rid of Medicare, too. The precedents are too deep, including SS another (nearly)universal tax for service. It's the choice we've made as a society, once we've agreed that accident victims aren't left on the side of the road until their insurance status is verfied.

Medicare is NOT a mandate that we MUST buy something. You can opt out of Medicare.

Kicking ass and taking names !!!

You bet.

Hope this peice of shit bill hits that toilet.

We do need reform in HC. The problem is the cost and thats what need to be addressed.

I don't even think THAT needs to be addressed. You want cures, you want solutions, well that's called research and that costs MONEY.

If Obama had his way, that would come to a halt in the interests of "saving money" and screw the lives it would save.

Medicare is NOT a mandate that we MUST buy something. You can opt out of Medicare.

This is what the Republicans wanted, a private system rather than a public option. It has to be mandated, because treatment already is. Let me know when accident victims get left on the side of the road, if they don't have insurance.

You can't opt out of SS, unless you're going Amish!!!

CONZ are driving the need for COMPLETELY socialized medicine.

Good for them!

They couldn't be STUPID enough to actually want to KEEP our current system which costs TWICE as much as other countries who give better medical care to all their citizens than we do and as an added bonus, practically eliminate people being evicted from their homes due to their inability to pay their medical bills if they have a serious medical problem.

They couldn't be THAT stupid, could they?

Kicking ass and taking names !!!

You bet.

Hope this peice of shit bill hits that toilet.

We do need reform in HC. The problem is the cost and thats what need to be addressed.

I don't even think THAT needs to be addressed. You want cures, you want solutions, well that's called research and that costs MONEY.

If Obama had his way, that would come to a halt in the interests of "saving money" and screw the lives it would save.

That's right, it does take money, but the Republicans are forcing slashes in the NIH budget. That's the fountainhead of most other medical research. For profit companies take that knowledge and develop drugs, instruments and therapies based on it. Obama isn't doing that and wouldn't unless forced by the Republicans.

This is what the Republicans wanted, a private system rather than a public option. It has to be mandated, because treatment already is. Let me know when accident victims get left on the side of the road, if they don't have insurance.

SS is a TAX.

Obamacare is a MANDATE that you HAVE to buy a private insurance.

If Obama can get away with MANDATING that we have to buy something, the government can mandate ANYTHING, just as the USSC justices are pointing out.

They can mandate we buy broccoli because it's good for you and saves healthcare dollars.

They can mandate we buy burial insurance or cell phones, or etc.

I would LOVE to do away with SS. But on Constitutional grounds it's seen as a TAX.

If Obama argues the mandate is a TAX, then he breaks his promise about taxes and the Republicans have their campaign slogan for 2012.

But Obama doesn't want to argue that. He wants to force the mandate because he DOES want to do away with the Constitution.

He's on record saying (in 2002) he wanted to do away with the Constitution and force single payer healthcare.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpAyan1fXCE]Obama on single payer health insurance - YouTube[/ame]

He gets the mandate for private insurance, the single payer won't be far behind. It's all in the plan.

Obama rips U.S. Constitution

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_xNyrzB0xI]Barack Obama Constitution quote IN CONTEXT! - YouTube[/ame]

CONZ are driving the need for COMPLETELY socialized medicine.

Good for them!

They couldn't be STUPID enough to actually want to KEEP our current system which costs TWICE as much as other countries who give better medical care to all their citizens than we do and as an added bonus, practically eliminate people being evicted from their homes due to their inability to pay their medical bills if they have a serious medical problem.

They couldn't be THAT stupid, could they?

Oh yeah, we do away with the unconstittuional individual mandate and that will force socialized healthcare.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight! :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

SS is a TAX.

Obamacare is a MANDATE that you HAVE to buy a private insurance.

To-MAY-TO, to-MAH-to. I'll worry about the difference when people start getting left on the side of the road, if they don't have insurance.

Forum List

Back