Transcript of Rush Limbaugh trying to enlighten college student

Rush alway sneeks in a lie or two just to confound. Here's one from the transcript:

"Hopefully, the US economy grows. It's an expanding pie. It gets bigger. What's happening to our economy now is, it's shrinking. It is shrinking because people running the government have the incorrect policies."

When in fact.......

Economy in U.S. Surpasses Pre-Recession Level After 15 Quarters - Bloomberg

Gross domestic product expanded at a 2.5 percent annual rate in the period from July through September, the Commerce Department reported yesterday, the fastest pace in a year and up from 1.3 percent in the prior three-month period. After adjusting for inflation, GDP climbed to $13.35 trillion last quarter, topping the $13.33 trillion peak reached in the last three months of 2007.

“The American economy finally has accomplished the recovery and has now entered the expansion,” said Neal Soss, chief economist with Credit Suisse in New York, who was an aide to former Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker. “But the growth is clearly too slow to solve the most significant problems the economy faces: jobs and getting the public budgets under control

Rush isn't an entertainer. If he was, he would appeal more to the liberal loons, whose only defense (since they can't argue his points or keep up with him otherwise) is to label him as *just* an entertainer.

He's not an entertainer at all. He is what he says he is, an educator and interpretor, a person who has created his own niche and whose purpose is to expose liberal insanity and uphold traditional American values.

He comes from a strong, intelligent family and he is doing exactly what he means to do.

But the small minded, mean spirited left will continue to jeer because that's all they've got. And each time they do, they just make him look better in comparison.

He is of course a master propagandist.

Limbaugh likes to bill himself as an "entertainer," but he is more accurately understood as a propagandist. He shows no interest in actually furthering the public debate: opposing views are rarely if ever invited onto his show, and when they are they invariably receive the kind of ham-handed mistreatment that has become common on Limbaugh's television counterpart, Bill O'Reilly's Fox talk show.

And there can be little doubt as to the effectiveness of Limbaugh's propaganda: In the intervening years, it has become an object of faith, particularly in rural America where Limbaugh's broadcasts can often be heard multiple times throughout the day, that the government is in itself evil, a corrupt entity, something to be distrusted and feared, and certainly incapable of actually solving problems.

Now that the president he supported -- George W. Bush -- is running the show, however, Limbaugh's anti-government bent has faded quickly and quietly to the background. After all, being anti-government seems practically anti-Republican these days, considering the GOP owns all three branches of government and virtually controls the Fourth Estate as well.

Rush, Newspeak and Fascism: An exegesis: I: Projecting Fascism

He doesn't bill himself as an entertainer, and he's not a propagandist either, you nitwit. A propagandist is what YOU are...propaganda is spreading hatred via outrageous lies packaged as truth.

Rush doesn't lie, he exposes. He uses the words of the politicians themselves and does the research that exposes their actions. That's not propaganda. Sorry.

Your article, however, is.

:lol::lol::lol:

Rush alway sneeks in a lie or two just to confound. Here's one from the transcript:

"Hopefully, the US economy grows. It's an expanding pie. It gets bigger. What's happening to our economy now is, it's shrinking. It is shrinking because people running the government have the incorrect policies."

When in fact.......

Gross domestic product expanded at a 2.5 percent annual rate in the period from July through September, the Commerce Department reported yesterday, the fastest pace in a year and up from 1.3 percent in the prior three-month period. After adjusting for inflation, GDP climbed to $13.35 trillion last quarter, topping the $13.33 trillion peak reached in the last three months of 2007.

“The American economy finally has accomplished the recovery and has now entered the expansion,” said Neal Soss, chief economist with Credit Suisse in New York, who was an aide to former Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker. “But the growth is clearly too slow to solve the most significant problems the economy faces: jobs and getting the public budgets under control

The economy is shrinking. The article refers to a tiny slice of time, representing a minute change, and in no way puts the lie to anything Rush said.

Rush isn't an entertainer. If he was, he would appeal more to the liberal loons, whose only defense (since they can't argue his points or keep up with him otherwise) is to label him as *just* an entertainer.

He's not an entertainer at all. He is what he says he is, an educator and interpretor, a person who has created his own niche and whose purpose is to expose liberal insanity and uphold traditional American values.

He comes from a strong, intelligent family and he is doing exactly what he means to do.

But the small minded, mean spirited left will continue to jeer because that's all they've got. And each time they do, they just make him look better in comparison.

Limbaugh likes to bill himself as an "entertainer," but he is more accurately understood as a propagandist. He shows no interest in actually furthering the public debate: opposing views are rarely if ever invited onto his show, and when they are they invariably receive the kind of ham-handed mistreatment that has become common on Limbaugh's television counterpart, Bill O'Reilly's Fox talk show.

And there can be little doubt as to the effectiveness of Limbaugh's propaganda: In the intervening years, it has become an object of faith, particularly in rural America where Limbaugh's broadcasts can often be heard multiple times throughout the day, that the government is in itself evil, a corrupt entity, something to be distrusted and feared, and certainly incapable of actually solving problems.

Now that the president he supported -- George W. Bush -- is running the show, however, Limbaugh's anti-government bent has faded quickly and quietly to the background. After all, being anti-government seems practically anti-Republican these days, considering the GOP owns all three branches of government and virtually controls the Fourth Estate as well.

He doesn't bill himself as an entertainer, and he's not a propagandist either, you nitwit. A propagandist is what YOU are...propaganda is spreading hatred via outrageous lies packaged as truth.

Rush doesn't lie, he exposes. He uses the words of the politicians themselves and does the research that exposes their actions. That's not propaganda. Sorry.

Every time he gets called out on his BS he say "I'm just an entertainer"

I have no need to insult you.

He is an expert propagandist. You are a testement to that fact.

When in fact.......

The economy is shrinking. The article refers to a tiny slice of time, representing a minute change, and in no way puts the lie to anything Rush said.

The only year it shrank was 2009.

United States GDP Growth Rate

He lies. You beleive. :eusa_whistle:

You insult me when you lie, and when you post propaganda as some sort of evidence that someone else is spreading propaganda.

As you know (or maybe you really are that stupid) when he says "I'm just an entertainer" he's being facetious, and poking fun at those who call him an entertainer.

And how on earth am I evidence that he's a propagandist? That doesn't even make sense, and again, is just more propaganda on your part. Propaganda isn't *proven* by the opinions of others. That's just garbage logic. I'm sure you know that. Do you get paid to spread this crap?

You insult me when you lie, and when you post propaganda as some sort of evidence that someone else is spreading propaganda.

As you know (or maybe you really are that stupid) when he says "I'm just an entertainer" he's being facetious, and poking fun at those who call him an entertainer.

Then I have not insulted you. You insult yourself for believing in "Boss" Limbaugh!

You're too dense to have a normal conversation.

And you didn't answer me...does somebody pay you to spread that crap?

You're too dense to have a normal conversation.

And you didn't answer me...does somebody pay you to spread that crap?

I really don't answer to you. Beside I don't try and have normal conversations with folks who right off the bat call em a nitwit and stupid.

Have a great day.

Someday, that fat druggie will come clean and admit that he has been playing the dummies for the fools that they are for all these years. I wish I could see tha faces on the dummies like Koshergirl when he does.

As I said, it was just a matter of time before somebody came along to whine about his weight and the canadian pain killer joke.

It's all about personal attack when you can't argue the points.

He does not! He uses his own words or even makes up quotes. And he has a pat rationalization for his out of context or made up quotes to create the context he wants, which he denies ever doing and condemns others for doing.

September 5, 2008
RUSH: He didn't use those words, but that's what he meant

October 21, 2008
RUSH: He didn't say it in those words, but that's exactly what he meant.

Caller Brands Rush a Liar, But Can't Cite One Lie
October 5, 2007
CALLER: Have you ever taken anybody out of context before, any liberals?

RUSH: Not on purpose, never, ever, do I do things like that. I'll tell you why, Bob. The reason why is because I'm trying to generate informed, educated people. I want them to be voting and spreading the word on the basis of truth and legitimacy, so there's a proper foundation for it to spread. I am not afraid of the opposition and what they think. I'm happy for everybody to know what the opposition thinks. I try to explain liberalism as best I can, as often as I can on this program. But I don't purposely take people out of context, no, don't do any of that. Bob, a program like mine, ranking number one so many years could not survive on all the things that you people, bleeding your clichés, think happen. There's no hate on this program. There's no bigotry on this program; there's no racism; there's no sexism; there's no homophobia; none of that on this program. Those are myths that people like you have been led to believe by people who are trying to discredit me. None of that's true.

Here he is making up a quote from a LAUGH!!!!

October 4, 2007
RUSH: She laughs because she doesn't like the question. "Mrs. Clinton's laugh is a signal to the guy asking her the question: 'Do you like your testicles attached, or do you want them in my lockbox?'"

And here he is condemning others for what he does while decrying a double standard. Priceless!

July 6, 2010
RUSH: What bothers me and always has bothered me is a double standard.

October 3, 2007
RUSH: We've reached a new day, when interpreters are allowed to determine the meaning of words spoken by others. What happens with that is the loss of meaning.

November 12, 2009
RUSH: Aren't you people fortunate you have me to interpret this stuff for you?

That was fun, how about another one. :lol:

July 6, 2010
RUSH: What bothers me and always has bothered me is a double standard.

October 4, 2007
RUSH: They don't get to determine what I was thinking,... This is the loss of meaning.

June 22, 2011
RUSH: He didn't say that but we know that's what he thinks.

As I said, it was just a matter of time before somebody came along to whine about his weight and the canadian pain killer joke.

You clearly don't understand just how silly Rush fans are thought to be by thinking people. I'm not sure I could adequately describe this to you.....so I guess you aren't fully to blame.

You allow the man to tell you what you should think about the news of the day. That is all that he does, you know. He tells his audience what other people mean when they say something. He knows that his audience is not made up of people who can form their own opinions. So...he provides an opinion for you.....and then "supports" it by cherry-picking data, spinning the truth or simply making shit up.

He even insults you by calling you a "ditto-head" and you love it.

That's Right, only your MessiahRushie has the Constitutional right to mock someone's weight, or lack thereof!

Oct 18, 2010
RUSH: Michelle (My Butt) -- uh, Michelle (My Belle) Obama is out there talking about nutrition. You can't eat that, you shouldn't eat that.

Nov 2, 2010
RUSH: His wife, Michelle (My Butt) -- uh, uh, Michelle (My Belle) Obama, she's out there, and she's not drawing big crowds and she's not happy

Nov 8, 2010
RUSH: The premise held up: On his 'convenience store diet' --" now, remember, this is what Michelle (My Butt) -- uh, that's the second time I've ...

November 02, 2011
RUSH: So the First Linebacker... (sigh). The First Lady and the Bamster are now gonna have to go out to Colorado and lecture them for being greedy.

October 28, 2011
RUSH: Well, the first linebacker is -- ah, First Lady is on the campaign trail.

October 6, 2010
RUSH: I don't trust anybody this skinny, I just don't. I don't trust anybody that looks like they need to eat. That jaw line, the neck is too scrawny, I think, what do these people do in their off time, what do they do? It's not normal, folks. Blumenthal looks like he might have dabbled in witchcraft for all I know. But I just don't trust these guys that look like they never eat. They look like they sip cocktails at four in the afternoon but never eat anything.

October 6, 2010
RUSH: Like I'm telling you, folks, these pencil neck geek people that look like they need to eat, there's just something not right about that.

Interesting conversation, but a bit confusing. Are the 1 percent the people who earn a million dollars or people who have a million dollars saved and invested? I think this is a critical question because who are we to hate? What if the OWS protesters eat the wrong people? :eek:

Last edited:
Interesting conversation, but a bit confusing. Are the 1 percent the people who earn a million dollars or people who have a million dollars saved and invested? I think this is a critical question because who are we to hate? What if the OWS protesters eat the wrong people? :eek:

You don't know?

BTW.....you can have 1% money and still be a 99%er.......you just have to be in favor of closing the income gap, levelling the playing field and putting people back to work in good-paying jobs. Thanks.

Oh my. My liberal math skills are very limited, I must say.

A 1%er can be a 99%er?
Did OWS get the memo?
Are there workshops on this new math at Zuccotti Park?

I'm still unclear who should be eaten. Clarification please.

I think you are confused because you are failing to work with facts. Make the necessary adjustment in that regard, and it will become glaringly clear.

Forum List

Back