Transcript: Obama's acceptance speech

C

chloe

"It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled and not disabled - Americans who sent a message to the world that we have never been a collection of Red States and Blue States: we are, and always will be, the United States of America."

Congratulations to President Obama & Democrats across the States on your victory! While listening to his speech last night and watching the emotions of many tears of joy on voters faces, I was surprized that he neglected women in the collective group of voters who banded together for him. I was also was puzzled he gave no shoutout to the Clintons as well. Did anyone else notice that?

Transcript: Obama's acceptance speech - Yahoo! News

Why is this such a secret guys?

CLINTON AND OBAMA DESPISE EACH OTHER

they do not like each other, they never have and never will. It was a political front

I see, but he still didnt include his women voters as a collective.

I agree his speech didnt seem even as inspired as the one he did for Kerry.

"It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled and not disabled - Americans who sent a message to the world that we have never been a collection of Red States and Blue States: we are, and always will be, the United States of America."

I was surprized that he neglected women in the collective group of voters who banded together for him. I was also was puzzled he gave no shoutout to the Clintons as well. Did anyone else notice that?

Transcript: Obama's acceptance speech - Yahoo! News

I'm not sure what you expected. Most of the exit polls showed women favoring Obama by a few percentage points. But I am not sure that means he should identify women specifically in the list he gave. I mean women are implicitly named in the list, since all of the groups presented include both men and women. Would an extra line- men and women- be adequate? I don't think it would be out of place, but the perception of women as having equal standing to men has come so far in this country it seems almost unnecessary to me.

well he mentioned all the races, disabled not disabled, gay, but not male & female? So gay covers all races so does disabled....right? I don't think it is the perception since women have not had the high office and only got the right to vote in 1920. Honestly I found it odd he didn't mention women, but just my own opinion.

I agree his speech didnt seem even as inspired as the one he did for Kerry.

That's when his bid for the Presidency began. Maybe now that he's won, he feels he doesn't need to inspire anymore.

It'll be interesting to watch his Presidency unfold. Will he be the Obama from the campaign trail, or the Obama from the previous 20 years?

:lol: unless you were one of the women who voted for him I'm not sure why you're offended?!

all this faux outrage on behalf of us poor neglected female Obama supporters is sweet but really unecessary.

He included us when he said ALL OF YOU...we didn't need to be singled out. We identify ourselves as AMERICANS and therefore he acknowledge our contribution just fine.

:lol: unless you were one of the women who voted for him I'm not sure why you're offended?!

all this faux outrage on behalf of us poor neglected female Obama supporters is sweet but really unecessary.

He included us when he said ALL OF YOU...we didn't need to be singled out. We identify ourselves as AMERICANS and therefore he acknowledge our contribution just fine.

I said it was odd that women weren't mentioned in the "collective" like all the other groups that were mentioned, I suspect not every group he mentioned voted for him disabled, not disabled, rich, poor, republican etc etc, I never said I was outraged, It struck me as peculiar, and I asked if anyone else noticed he left women out of the "collective group" he mentioned. I didnt ask if poor female obama supporters felt neglected. I asked if Anybody besides me noticed that the absence of recognition for women voters. I dont know how you would think it was "sweet" if you are accusing me of having "faux outrage" on your behalf or anyone elses. Perhaps your outraged that I am asking the question about it, but it did stand out to me. So I asked if others noticed that too.

I said it was odd that women weren't mentioned in the "collective" like all the other groups that were mentioned, I suspect not every group he mentioned voted for him disabled, not disabled, rich, poor, republican etc etc, I never said I was outraged, It struck me as peculiar, and I asked if anyone else noticed he left women out of the "collective group" he mentioned. I didnt ask if poor female obama supporters felt neglected. I asked if Anybody besides me noticed that the absence of recognition for women voters. I dont know how you would think it was "sweet" if you are accusing me of having "faux outrage" on your behalf or anyone elses. Perhaps your outraged that I am asking the question about it, but it did stand out to me. So I asked if others noticed that too.

since it's such a made-up slight I'm gonna guess you are the only one who noticed it, except of course those looking for something to criticize that speech.

wouldn't you assume that women in general would be included in all the subgroups, young/old, gay/straight, black/white etc? did he really need to say "thanks to those of you with vaginas"? :lol: I think what you really mean is he didn't specifically thank the HILLARY women, am I right?

no what I meant is what I said, women voters have been a group both parties wanted votes from and they didn't get acknowledged, and that is all I wanted to say is that I noticed that. I mentioned Hillary on a different note and someone explained it's because they didnt really get along. So that explained that. It's not made up that he ommitted women as part of the group united. Why talk about needing the vote of women why not just say gays then if its all the same. Women sent a message too. Why is that wrong to feel women should be included in that group? Women only got the right to vote in 1920 and alot of women were excited to vote for him.

"It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled and not disabled

you're making a bigger deal out of it than it really is IMO.

I worked on his campaign and I'd say 90% of the volunteers were women, white women in fact.

Women are used to making a difference and not being acknowledged. We don't do it for the acknowledgement, we do it because it's necessary.

and again I say, women in general are included in all those subsects...and therefore it is an unspoken acknowledgement of our contribution IMO.

But don't mind me...I'm just a female voter who supported him who isn't hurt by him not specifically saying "hey you, with the vag, thanks for your vote" :lol:

There certainly were a lot of volunteers that supported President Obama. There also was a group of women who initially supported Hillary and they were asked to vote for Obama, and in my opinion women voters could have been included in his speech.

Great speech! No superhero demeanor at all. He gets right down to business when he could have celebrated. This goes down with Kennedy's inauguration speech as one of the best ever!

Forum List

Back