Transcript: Obama's acceptance speech

Discussion in 'Congress' started by chloe, Nov 5, 2008.

1. chloe

chloe Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    "It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled and not disabled - Americans who sent a message to the world that we have never been a collection of Red States and Blue States: we are, and always will be, the United States of America."

Congratulations to President Obama & Democrats across the States on your victory! While listening to his speech last night and watching the emotions of many tears of joy on voters faces, I was surprized that he neglected women in the collective group of voters who banded together for him. I was also was puzzled he gave no shoutout to the Clintons as well. Did anyone else notice that?

Transcript: Obama's acceptance speech - Yahoo! News

2. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +537
    Why is this such a secret guys?

CLINTON AND OBAMA DESPISE EACH OTHER

they do not like each other, they never have and never will. It was a political front

3. chloe

chloe Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I see, but he still didnt include his women voters as a collective.

4. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +537
    and nor does he give a shit

5. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    It was a good speech, but he didn't have any great quotes, other than the ones he used from past Presidents.

6. chloe

chloe Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree his speech didnt seem even as inspired as the one he did for Kerry.

7. N4mddissent

N4mddissent Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +140
    I'm not sure what you expected. Most of the exit polls showed women favoring Obama by a few percentage points. But I am not sure that means he should identify women specifically in the list he gave. I mean women are implicitly named in the list, since all of the groups presented include both men and women. Would an extra line- men and women- be adequate? I don't think it would be out of place, but the perception of women as having equal standing to men has come so far in this country it seems almost unnecessary to me.

8. chloe

chloe Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    well he mentioned all the races, disabled not disabled, gay, but not male & female? So gay covers all races so does disabled....right? I don't think it is the perception since women have not had the high office and only got the right to vote in 1920. Honestly I found it odd he didn't mention women, but just my own opinion.

9. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    That's when his bid for the Presidency began. Maybe now that he's won, he feels he doesn't need to inspire anymore.

It'll be interesting to watch his Presidency unfold. Will he be the Obama from the campaign trail, or the Obama from the previous 20 years?

10. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    :lol: unless you were one of the women who voted for him I'm not sure why you're offended?!

all this faux outrage on behalf of us poor neglected female Obama supporters is sweet but really unecessary.

He included us when he said ALL OF YOU...we didn't need to be singled out. We identify ourselves as AMERICANS and therefore he acknowledge our contribution just fine.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1