Tramps AHCRA plan and pre-existing condition part.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
State High-Risk Pool Enrollment, Program Features, and Costs

Before HIPAA was enacted in 1996, there were 25 state high-risk pools with combined enrollment of 91,054.5 By the end of 2011, combined enrollment in 35 state high-risk pools reached 226,615. In four states (Maryland, Minnesota, Texas and Wisconsin) enrollment exceeded 20,000 individuals; in eleven states fewer than 2,000 individuals were enrolled. On average, state high-risk pool membership constituted about 2 percent of the number of non-group health insurance market participants that year.6 (Table 1)

Premiums above standard non-group market rates – All state high-risk pools set premiums at a multiple of standard (i.e., typical or average) rates for medically underwritten coverage in the non-group market; in most states the pool premium was capped at 150%-200% of market rates. Nineteen pools provided low-income premium subsidies that varied in comprehensiveness. The Oregon pool, for example, discounted premiums 95% for enrollees with income up to 185% of the poverty level, while the New Hampshire pool provided a 20% premium discount for enrollees with income below 200% FPL. 8 Other pools required people to pay the full premium, regardless of income.

Pre-existing condition exclusions – Nearly all state high-risk pools excluded coverage of pre-existing conditions for medically eligible enrollees, usually for 6-12 months. This made coverage less attractive for people who needed coverage specifically for their pre-existing conditions. In nine states, (CT, ID, MS, MO, MT, NC, OK, TX, and WY) the exclusion period was 12 months; in Colorado and Indiana it was 3 months. The Alabama pool, which was only open for HIPAA-eligible individuals, did not impose pre-existing condition exclusion periods.9

· Lifetime and annual limits – Thirty-three pools imposed lifetime dollar limits on covered services, most ranging from $1 million to $2 million. In addition, six pools imposed annual dollar limits on all covered services while 13 others imposed annual dollar limits on specific benefits such as prescription drugs, mental health treatment, or rehabilitation.10

· High deductibles – Most pools offered a choice of plan options with different deductibles; in 29 programs, the plan option with the highest enrollment had a deductible of $1,000 or higher; in ten states it was $5,000 or higher.

High-Risk Pools For Uninsurable Individuals - Issue Brief
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The AHCRA just goes back to the high risk pool plans of the states:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Highlights:

• Fully Repeals Obamacare: AHCRA goes into effect on January 1, 2018 and fully repeals the president’s health care law.
  • Increases Access to Affordable, Portable Health Insurance: AHCRA levels the playing field between people who receive their insurance through their employer and those who purchase it on the individual market by creating a standard deduction for health insurance. Under the RSC’s plan, individuals with qualifying insurance receive a $7,500 tax deduction and families receive a $20,500 deduction.
  • Expands Insurance Access for Vulnerable Americans: AHCRA ensures those with pre-existing conditions have access to health insurance by expanding federal support for state high-risk pools and expanding portability so Americans can easily move between insurance markets without fear of discrimination based on health status.
  • Spurs Competition Between Insurers: AHCRA allows people to shop for and purchase insurance plans across state lines, like other forms of insurance already allow. The plan also allows small businesses to pool together to negotiate for better rates.
The American Health Care Reform Act of 2017

Last edited:
The bill also guarantees that individuals with pre-existing conditions can move between health insurance markets, so long as they maintain continuous coverage. Pre-ACA, individuals purchasing insurance in the individual market were protected from pre-existing condition exclusions only if they have not had a substantial break in coverage, their previous coverage was through an employer, and they fully exhausted COBRA coverage. This provision would allow individuals to receive those same protections regardless of the source of their prior coverage and without requiring them to exhaust COBRA coverage, which is often very expensive for both employees and employers.
https://rsc-johnson.house.gov/sites...tiatives/AHCRA - Two Pager 115th Congress.pdf
-----------------------------------------------------
those with pre-existing conditions must have continuous coverage.

Ahhh... another insurance PR thread!

Can't you just give us links to your employer's website?

Ahhh... another insurance PR thread!

Can't you just give us links to your employer's website?

This thread is about Health Insurance, you know the title of the thread. I do not sell or deal in health ins.
The AHCRA should concern everyone.

Preexisting condition is just another form of filthy ass welfare.
^stupid post of the day^.

Welfare is stupid. You would know that if your head was not up your Libtard ass.

The filthy ass oppressive government has no right to require that an insurance company has to cover illness when the shithead never paid into the insurance pool.

When the filthy ass oppressive government does require it then that becomes a welfare benefit for the asshole that never paid his/her premiums and somebody else has to pay for them.

How about this Moon Bat? I pay my health care bills and you pay yours and you just shut the fuck up about getting something for nothing?

Let me guess. You are one of these worthless sorry ass Moon Bats that cheered when Princess Liesalot said in the Moon Bat debate last night that "Health Care is a Human Right"?

Welfare is stupid. You would know that if your head was not up your Libtard ass.

The filthy ass oppressive government has no right to require that an insurance company has to cover illness when the shithead never paid into the insurance pool.

When the filthy ass oppressive government does require it then that becomes a welfare benefit for the asshole that never paid his/her premiums and somebody else has to pay for them.

How about this Moon Bat? I pay my health care bills and you pay yours and you just shut the fuck up about getting something for nothing?

Let me guess. You are one of these worthless sorry ass Moon Bats that cheered when Princess Liesalot said in the Moon Bat debate last night that "Health Care is a Human Right"?
We'll leave you off the list of people who we should help if you ever need it..

Sounds like you are pretty unhappy here.

The door is right over there....

Free Stuff! Free Stuff! Free Stuff!

Don't have to worry about working to make money to afford health care.

The stupid Liberals think I should get it for free. You know, just because I am alive. It is a basic human right. Other people need to work harder to afford to pay my bills.

We'll leave you off the list of people who we should help if you ever need it..

Just let the dumb fuck die and I hope there are pictures.

The stupid Liberals think I should get it for free. You know, just because I am alive. It is a basic human right. Other people need to work harder to afford to pay my bills.

No one thinks you should have anything for free.

Pre existing condidtions is free shit.

The filthy government makes the insurance company pick up your bills when you didn't pay into the insurance pool.

Free shit big time. Somebody else has to work to pay your health care bills. Disgusting, isn't it?

The filthy government makes the insurance company pick up your bills when you didn't pay into the insurance pool.

Free shit big time. Somebody else has to work to pay your health care bills. Disgusting, isn't it?

So you think everyone who has a pre x condition is not paying for their health insurance? What a dumb fucking thing to say. Just crawl back in your hole you stupid mf.

?

If you're saying that people should be allowed to wait until they're sick to get "insurance", and that insurance companies should be forced to sell them this "insurance" at ordinary rates - how's that not "free shit"?

So, you don't understand how insurance works then.

Damn-youre-stupid.jpg

Forum List

Back