trail cam Q & A's

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i got questions, i hope someone has answers...

i got a trail cam and have yet to put it up. any hints....i want to put it up on top of the hill behind the house....i should have gone out during the snow and scouted for tracks but hell it was 2 degrees....but i digress...

anyone got one...how to you use it...what is the best way to put it to find animals? do you have a feeding station or just the cam? how do you prevent it from being stolen?

I had one a few years back and used it fairly often. It should have come with complete directions along with a couple of cables to use to mount the camera to a tree. One of the cable should be a strong cable one that will allow you to use a pad lock with to secure the camera to the tree. I placed my camera facing a deer trail that was pretty well-used. Got some great photos of deer, a raccoon, and one of my dogs. It was fun to use the camera. I hope you got the kind that uses a SD chip instead of the older one I got that uses camera film. Sit down and read through the directions. You'll really enjoy the camera because I happen to know you love them critters.

Forum List

Back