Tragic wreck kills two children and critically injures Broadway actress

An out-of-control driver blew through a red light Monday, fatally hitting two children at a Brooklyn street corner — dragging one kid’s stroller more than 350 feet.

Four-year-old Abigail Blumenstein and 1-year-old Joshua Lew were with their mothers, Lauren Lew and Ruthie Ann Blumenstein, at Ninth St. and Fifth Ave. in Park Slope when they were struck about 12:40 p.m.

Witnesses said Blumenstein, a Tony-winning theater actress whose stage name is Ruthie Ann Miles, was pregnant and critically hurt. Lew was also injured.

Brooklyn driver runs red light, kills two children

No drunk driver involved, just some middle-aged woman who apparently has done shit like this repeatedly - but this is the first time she's taken lives. I absolutely believe that her license should be permanently revoked, and she should do time.
who apparently has done shit like this repeatedly

Leftists love to keep criminals on the street to create more mayhem.
Rightists make sure they have assault weapons.

An out-of-control driver blew through a red light Monday, fatally hitting two children at a Brooklyn street corner — dragging one kid’s stroller more than 350 feet.

Four-year-old Abigail Blumenstein and 1-year-old Joshua Lew were with their mothers, Lauren Lew and Ruthie Ann Blumenstein, at Ninth St. and Fifth Ave. in Park Slope when they were struck about 12:40 p.m.

Witnesses said Blumenstein, a Tony-winning theater actress whose stage name is Ruthie Ann Miles, was pregnant and critically hurt. Lew was also injured.

No drunk driver involved, just some middle-aged woman who apparently has done shit like this repeatedly - but this is the first time she's taken lives. I absolutely believe that her license should be permanently revoked, and she should do time.

It's against the law to own an assault weapon, shitforbrains.

Now you're making this a political issue? Seriously? What is wrong with you?

This is not a political issue and it's not a time to make jokes. Two little children died, babies really. For God's sake, have you all lost your humanity?

Ban cars...

The driver hasn't been charged; police are looking into her medical history and driving record. A law enforcement official said authorities tested the driver and she was not drunk at the time. The official was not authorized to speak publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

Witness Debbie LaSalle was crossing the same intersection when she saw the Volvo speed by, she told the Daily News.

"It was horrible to watch," LaSalle, 44, said. "I'm still in shock. The white car was going really fast. The pregnant mother was face-down and the baby flew into the street. She dragged the stroller and . the other baby was pinned under the car."

Tony-award winning actress injured; daughter killed in wreck

The more I read about it (STAHP ALREADY!) the sicker I get. This isn't going to be an easy incident for anybody to get past.

Plus from an article I read this morning, this corner is KNOWN to be a hazard. Like somebody said, three cars ran a red light with the cops standing right there after the accident! No clue what the answer is, if lights aren't enough of a deterrent. Maybe cameras, huge fines for the runners, and media getting the word out?

Dunno.
No one has a right to vehicle ownership, ban them...

This is not a political issue and it's not a time to make jokes. Two little children died, babies really. For God's sake, have you all lost your humanity?
If they would have banned cars this would not of happened

dorothy-bruns.jpg

If it were a gun instead of a car, how many would be sending money for her defense saying this is no reason to take away her gun. Come on, she is white after all. That apparently means a lot.

Some stories say she slowed down and suddenly sped up. That she suffers from seizures.

Should drivers who have seizures be allowed to drive?

Hard to make a case against that when you have half of America defending the rights of crazies to own guns.

Kindly do not politicize these deaths.
Ban all vehicles

I had no doubt the driver of that car that struck these kids was that of a white woman, no doubt.
article-pedstruck3-0305.jpg

Just another damned example of "certain" people in our society, constantly given a free fuckin pass by the law, until they walk into a school and kill 17 people or drive like a crazy mf and kill kids....had this been a minority, a muslim, a latino, etc....their license would have been taken years ago. The hell with white privilege!! I hope they finally charge this bitch with murder and lock her ass up for good!!
If she was illegal alien they would just set her free, that’s what they do in this country

I see Abagail was ashamed of her heritage but not ashamed of driving like an asshole.

Abigail is a four year-old who was murdered by Dorothy Bruns. Ruthie Ann's maiden name was Miles, and therefore her stage name. She kept her stage name when she married Jonathan Blumenstein. Any other asshole comments to make?
I have no sympathy for anyone who drives like an asshole on a consistent basis.
Good thing she wasn't muslim...but the family of these kids, should sue the state of NY for ignoring her previous transgressions and allowing this bitch free reign behind the wheel of a car.
If she was a Muslim they would also set her free you know, freedom of religion(cult)...
Lol

If they would have banned cars this would not of happened...

Now you're making this a political issue? Seriously? What is wrong with you?
criminal control we don’t have any in this country, we blame inanimate object’s it’s the politically correct thing to do...

Forum List

Back