Tragedy at the Indiana State Fair

Just got informed of another death. :(

(From Facebook, one of my friends posted this:

I woke to sad news this morning. My old friend Nate, one of the follow spot operators who was in the rigging that collapsed last night at the state fair, died early this morning. I met him years ago when he used to be a roadie for my cousin Jeff's band when I played with him. My close friend Steve is still in ICU. I haven't heard much about him yet, since he has no family I know of, there's no way to get information

We are all keeping tabs on this on Facebook and informing and updating information as we get it. Prayers.

*Update, and another. :(

I know a person who died... He was trying to save a 4yr old:( Left behind 2 young boys. Very sad

Thanks. My friend's brother in law died too. Just found out a bit ago... :(

Another guy that I know is still in critical condition, 2 more have broken legs and arms, but they are going to pull through.

Thanks. My friend's brother in law died too. Just found out a bit ago... :(

Another guy that I know is still in critical condition, 2 more have broken legs and arms, but they are going to pull through.

Damn, that is just terrible... I saw that story earlier and thought of you. :(

The stage itself didn't look very well constructed. Very leveraged at the front. I'm surprised the Weather Service didn't emphasize the straight line winds to the Fair Board in the four phone calls.

On the upside, it was awesome to see all the people who jumped in to try and help the injured. People power literally lifted the roof.

Last edited:
I was very busy over the weekend and did not see the footage of the collapse until just now. My God. What a horrible tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to the five who died, those who were hurt and all the family and friends.

Thanks everyone. We are still waiting to hear about those who were critically injured. One guy (when he gets strong enough God Willing) has to have his face reconstructed, among a bunch of other surgeries.

Just saw this on Yahoo:

Various Artists News - Yahoo! Music

Sorry for your losses EZ.
Tragic but seems fortunate at same time not more were hurt.

Forum List

Back