Tragedy at Sunday’s Las Vegas Indy 300.

How horrible.

My father use to be in the race car game. It's a very tough sport. You need lots of stamina and quick reflexes.

He died doing what he loved. I envy him.

So did Hitler.... OOPS!...my bad! :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Why on earth must you be such an asshole about this.... ?

Just because someone has a dangerous job, does not mean they deserve to die if something goes horribly wrong?
Do you say that when a plane crashes also? I mean thats dangerous. Do all the people on the plane deserve to die also??? I mean they know the risk going in......

Jesus, some of you here really are callous if ya ask me.

Ive raced for many years on the 1/4 mile also. You plan to make it home every night, you take every precaution possible.... but things go wrong.

Seriously? My dad did the same thing.

This is terrible news by the way.

Stay safe.

Just because someone has a dangerous job, does not mean they deserve to die if something goes horribly wrong?
Do you say that when a plane crashes also? I mean thats dangerous. Do all the people on the plane deserve to die also??? I mean they know the risk going in......

Ive raced for many years on the 1/4 mile also. You plan to make it home every night, you take every precaution possible.... but things go wrong.

I have to agree, thats like saying a Military person or fire man deserves to die because they knew the job they signed up for was risky.

You live fast and dangerous you stand a good chance of dying.
He was well paid for it and had a nice looking family, etc so why should I feel sad for him doing what he wanted to do?

On the other hand Sharon "nobody" died in a car wreck last week here while going to the grocery, she leaves behind 3 small children.
She was killed by a drunken driver. Her I feel sorry for.
I am just not into hero worship for entertainment figures.

Last edited:

Seriously? My dad did the same thing.

This is terrible news by the way.

Stay safe.

Yes sir.... better than any drug! :rock:

No one expects anything will ever go wrong, and you use all the safety equipment you can.

I never plan on anything bad happening when going offroading.... Ya put in rollcages, fire extiguishers, and armor the vehicle as much as ya can.... but still folks get killed.

Looks as if some here think we should always live in a little box and take no risks..... thats not for me, and I always feel bad for anyone injured or killed.

We all owe a debt of graditude to the men who do these races...... go look at all the safety equipment on your car..... it was all pioneered by auto racing.

He was well paid for it and had a nice looking family, etc so why should I feel sad for him doing what he wanted to do?

On the other hand Sharon "nobody" died in a car wreck last week here while going to the grocery, she leaves behind 3 small children.

Those guys are the test pilots for all the technology used to make us safer on the highway.

Just a thought.

It's not hero worship. It's compassion, and I like to think it's the norm, REGARDLESS.

I never heard that driver's name before I read about the accident. But I always experience sadness when somebody leaves this planet too soon, and grieving loved ones remain.

You are an idiot. Where did I state or even imply that the driver deserved to die. Don't put words in my mouth asshole.

I have to agree, thats like saying a Military person or fire man deserves to die because they knew the job they signed up for was risky.

Moron

You are an idiot. Where did I state or even imply that the driver deserved to die. Don't put words in my mouth asshole.

Your the one throwing Hitlers name around, not me!

JERK!

Oh yeah.... :fu:

Moron

:confused:

Your the one throwing Hitlers name around, not me!

JERK!

Oh yeah.... :fu:

Can't take a fuck?...Then Joke off!

Sad for the family of course, but such a possiblity is why they make the big bucks, isn't it?

Okay. Did y'all really have to make those points in a thread about a racing death? Start a thread. Saying "Too bad, so sad" - obviously, some here are saddened by his loss.

Say a friend's child died driving drunk. Would you find it necessary to point out that it's his own damn fault? Doubtful.

Okay. Did y'all really have to make those points in a thread about a racing death? Start a thread. Saying "Too bad, so sad" - obviously, some here are saddened by his loss.

Say a friend's child died driving drunk. Would you find it necessary to point out that it's his own damn fault? Doubtful.

My point exactly.... why sully the thread with hitler references and such?

It was a tragedy.... a terrible accident.

Unbelievable! This thread was started to talk about the tragic death of a top-notch race car driver. It degredated into a pissing contest between a bunch of "maturity-challenged" goofballs.

Grow up, and get back on topic, kids.

Forum List

Back