trading in my 2007 Shelby cobra for a 2013....

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
I am thinking of moving ahead in years....see below;

2013 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe- Specifications, Pictures, Prices

I am close, but I love my 07 cobra ( see my profile page for pic) and I hate the high gloss colors they have now, seriously, its a big turn off for me. I like deep colors...(black isn't a color but hey...) and frankly I think the body style of the 2007 is muvn better, they screwed up the rear end on the newer models, squeezing in the rear
if you ask me.

I don't want to trade in my baby, I don't need the price reduction for the 13,but, I actually am toying with trading it in for a Challenger though...I don't need 3 cars, and I would still have the Stang, and a Challenger in the driveway? yea I can get behind that....:eusa_drool:

I have to order it like, in the next 2 weeks for a solid delivery date. :eusa_think:

Hmmm, saw the title of the thread and thought I only know one person with an 07 Shelby, and that's Traj!

And, sure enough, it IS you.

;)

Love that car....just love it.

Just thinking, time sure flies by. It sure doesn't seem like five years have gone by since you got that.

Dayum, I need to catch up with the clocks................

Just thinking, time sure flies by. It sure doesn't seem like five years have gone by since you got that.

Dayum, I need to catch up with the clocks................

oh heck yea I agree. I was thinking of what was going on in life in nov 06 when I brought it home, working for a great prvt. co., at home on the webz somewhere else)...son moving out...wow.

the days seem to go by slow enough, but thew years? they just move their asses..:doubt:

I am close, but I love my 07 cobra ( see my profile page for pic) and I hate the high gloss colors they have now, seriously, its a big turn off for me. I like deep colors...(black isn't a color but hey...) and frankly I think the body style of the 2007 is muvn better, they screwed up the rear end on the newer models, squeezing in the rear
if you ask me.

I don't want to trade in my baby, I don't need the price reduction for the 13,but, I actually am toying with trading it in for a Challenger though...I don't need 3 cars, and I would still have the Stang, and a Challenger in the driveway? yea I can get behind that....:eusa_drool:

I have to order it like, in the next 2 weeks for a solid delivery date. :eusa_think:

3.5 seconds.....

With all the time you save, your year could have 54 weeks....

if you ask me.

3.5 seconds.....

With all the time you save, your year could have 54 weeks....

I won't need stop lights...;)

This is my friends Saleen Mustang. Blower, 6 Speed automatic. On a lonely stretch of Arizona highway we passed 130 in 5th gear and were still accelerating! :eek:

CIMG0004.jpg

Seemed to handle just as well at 130 as 65! Not that loud either.

Not to sound like a fuddy-duddy prude, MS, but that's so dangerous. What if an armadillo was crossing the road? Hitting it at 130, or trying to swerve to avoid it could be your death. So could a blowout. If you have a wife, or kids who depend on you, not only is it irresponsible, but imagine how they would feel having to explain to people how you died. "My dad was joyriding". Pretty embarrassing.

/lecture

Not to sound like a fuddy-duddy prude, MS, but that's so dangerous. What if an armadillo was crossing the road? Hitting it at 130, or trying to swerve to avoid it could be your death. So could a blowout. If you have a wife, or kids who depend on you, not only is it irresponsible, but imagine how they would feel having to explain to people how you died. "My dad was joyriding". Pretty embarrassing.

/lecture
Oh yeah, that's always a possibility in life. Death.

I'm not trying to be all cavalier about it but I wouldn't exactly call it "joy riding" either I mean the car has 500+ horsepower and a race tuned suspension. It's practically a race car with license plates. It was MEANT to be driven like that, although not all the time of course!

Just to be fair I did ask him to stop burnin'' donuts in this one cul-de-sac! :D

The only other street car I've been in that accelerated quicker was a V-8 Vega my friend built back in H.S. days. Tunnel ramed 350 LT-1 block with 11:1's up front, 4.11 gears in the back. Met it's demise at Terminal Island Racetrack in Long Beach California when it spun a bearing.

Gee I wonder why? Could it have been running pump gas in an engine with all that compression? :rolleyes:

Naw! :D

/lecture

This is the most mature, thoughtful post I've ever seen you produce!!!

Bravo!

/lecture

I'm not trying to be all cavalier about it but I wouldn't exactly call it "joy riding" either I mean the car has 500+ horsepower and a race tuned suspension. It's practically a race car with license plates. It was MEANT to be driven like that, although not all the time of course!

Just to be fair I did ask him to stop burnin'' donuts in this one cul-de-sac! :D

The only other street car I've been in that accelerated quicker was a V-8 Vega my friend built back in H.S. days. Tunnel ramed 350 LT-1 block with 11:1's up front, 4.11 gears in the back. Met it's demise at Terminal Island Racetrack in Long Beach California when it spun a bearing.

Gee I wonder why? Could it have been running pump gas in an engine with all that compression? :rolleyes:

Now, if he settles on a Maybach Landaulet.....even with 620 hp, he might be a tad more careful...

Maybach prices 62 Landaulet for America at $1.35 million

/lecture

Dont try to miss it :badgrin:

He died having the time of his life.... what better way to go? (OK, at the hands of a jealous lover is not bad either)

Hey Trajan,

Love the new ride... post pics when its yours!
:cool:

/lecture

Now, if he settles on a Maybach Landaulet.....even with 620 hp, he might be a tad more careful...

Thats just wayyyyy too plush, but dayumn!!!

Thats just wayyyyy too plush, but dayumn!!!

How about the Exelero?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wHTXR0zGFA&feature=fvwrel]Maybach Exelero - YouTube[/ame]

700 hp....

....a steal at $8 million....

Forum List

Back