Tracking devices to be used on Sex offenders...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by insein, May 5, 2005.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,155208,00.html

Im suprised no one posted this yet.

Ok i love the increase of years on the sentence to 25 from the previous 3-6 years. Something thats a no brainer and should have been in place years ago.

However, is this a pandoras box we want to open? GPS tracking with a chip implant is in my mind completly WRONG!! I dont care about these scumbags but its the idea that they use a totally heinous situation to which no one will be opposed to introduce this "Law" and then later on apply the precedent to lesser and lesser crimes progressively in the name of "safety". Soon all criminals minor or capital will have tracking devices implanted in them. From there its only a matter of time before it becomes mandatory to have a tracking device implanted into every citizen for our own "Safety".

I dont like where this is going one bit.

2. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    While I think "implanting" a gps system is a bit extreme...I dont' think it is at all out of place to say that keeping track of where these sickos are should not be the responsibility of the sicko...but rather the state.

I mean, goodgrief, we put an ankle locator on Martha Stewart...but a man who likes to f*** small children can be taken at his word that he'll register at every new town he moves to?

There is something seriously wrong with the system of dealing with convicted pedophiles...and in light of the recent crimes against young children, something serious must be done about it.

3. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    oh no, thats a good idea. we also need to tattoo on thier foreheads that they are child molesters seeings as how some do not want to register where they are living too.
    if you dont keep track of them, they will slip under the radar.

hell if it was up to me, id have someone personally follow those filthy bastards around. be a good way to lower the unemployment problem.

4. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    This is a great idea! We don't need to implant a chip. With today's technology, we can create a "bracelet" or necklace or ? (that doesn't look out of the ordinary) that they are required to wear.

When it comes to molesting a child, there is no "I've paid my debt to society."

5. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    Wouldn't it just be easier to "keep track of them" if they were in holes in the ground 6 ft, perpindicular?

6. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Once again everyone is missing the point. What do we have parole officers for if they arent keeping track of their parolee's. I agree with johnney on the having a person stay on them 24/7. But to putting a tracking device on someone opens the door that i dont want to see this country go down.

Whose to say that 10 years from now they start requiring car thieves to wear tracking devices so that they can make sure "they arent stealing cars." Then from there they put them on drug offenders so that "they dont go buy more drugs." From there its put them on every citizen so that "they arent doing anything wrong." The mantra that will be and is always used is "Dont be doing anything wrong." This is a really bad idea.

7. SmarterThanYou

SmarterThanYou Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    kinda like hearing 'if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.'

8. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    :bow3: :bow3: :bow3:

9. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    No, you see, what we need to do is so the chip into a huge, scarlet 'M' that has to be attached to every shirt or jacket they wear.

10. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    first offense, castration (the real one, not the chemical). second offense, life with no chance of parole