TPS about why Obama sucks for going to the WTC

thread title changed by me. you may as well put all your stuff about why obama sucks for going to NYC here to begin with, because this is where it's gonna wind up- del

Debra Burlingame, the sister of Charles "Chic" Burlingame (pilot of the plane that crashed into the Pentagon) met with President Obama today, along with other families who were victims of 9/11. Burlingame said she confronted Obama about Attorney General Eric Holder prosecuting the men who interrogated KSM, which may have produced intelligence leading us to bin Laden.

Burlingame describes the encounter with Obama: "As a former attorney I know you can't tell the Attorney General what to do, he said, 'No, I can't.' But I said 'we -- that shouldn't stop you from giving your opinion. We wouldn't be here today if they hadn't done their jobs. Can't you at least give them your opinion.' And he said 'no I won't,' and he turned around and walked away."

See the entire video:

Obama Turns His Back on 9/11 Family Member - President Obama - Fox Nation

Isn't that nice! They are STILL trying to prosecute the VERY CIA OFFICIALS that got the intel to get Bin Laden.

And Obama is now trying to pretend he has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT??????

Does ANYONE really buy that the PRESIDENT doesn't have ANY INFLUENCE on his OWN DOJ??????

If you believe that, I got some waterfront property in the Sahara I want to sell you.

It's a valid question and Obama acted 'stupidly' as usual. I can only imagine how upset Obama's supporters are that he used intelligence obtained using enhanced interrogation techniques to kill OBL. They must be seizing in anger. Just look at how angry Michelle is after hearing the news:

michelle-obama-angry-199x300.jpg

thread title changed by me. you may as well put all your stuff about why obama sucks for going to NYC here to begin with, because this is where it's gonna wind up- del

Debra Burlingame, the sister of Charles "Chic" Burlingame (pilot of the plane that crashed into the Pentagon) met with President Obama today, along with other families who were victims of 9/11. Burlingame said she confronted Obama about Attorney General Eric Holder prosecuting the men who interrogated KSM, which may have produced intelligence leading us to bin Laden.

Burlingame describes the encounter with Obama: "As a former attorney I know you can't tell the Attorney General what to do, he said, 'No, I can't.' But I said 'we -- that shouldn't stop you from giving your opinion. We wouldn't be here today if they hadn't done their jobs. Can't you at least give them your opinion.' And he said 'no I won't,' and he turned around and walked away."

See the entire video:

Isn't that nice! They are STILL trying to prosecute the VERY CIA OFFICIALS that got the intel to get Bin Laden.

Does ANYONE really buy that the PRESIDENT doesn't have ANY INFLUENCE on his OWN DOJ??????

If you believe that, I got some waterfront property in the Sahara I want to sell you.

It's a valid question and Obama acted 'stupidly' as usual. I can only imagine how upset Obama's supporters are that he used intelligence obtained using enhanced interrogation techniques to kill OBL. They must be seizing in anger. Just look at how angry Michelle is after hearing the news:

Except for the fact that he didn't.

Claims that the torture of detainees was directly responsible for the intelligence that tracked down Osama bin Laden are fanciful at best and cynically manipulative at worst.

Leave aside for a moment the moral repugnance of torturing people, the thousands of innocents who were detained and mistreated alongside the likes of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, and the clear evidence that brutal behaviour on this scale is more effective as a recruiting sergeant for extremism than anything else.

Even with these fairly significant exceptions, it is still clear that the line peddled by George W Bush apologists (such as this Republican congressman) – that what this episode teaches us is that waterboarding works – is as wrong-headed as it is naive.

First, no credible link even seems to have been presented between the torture of detainees and the information leading to Bin Laden. In fact, insiders from both the Bush and Barack Obama administrations are saying the opposite.

Donald Rumsfeld himself had this to say on Monday: "It is true that some information that came from normal interrogation approaches at Guantánamo did lead to information that was beneficial in this instance. But it was not harsh treatment and it was not waterboarding."

Meanwhile, asked about whether waterboarding played a role in finding Bin Laden, John Brennan – counter-terrorism adviser to Obama and, it's worth remembering, a key figure in the CIA under Bush – replied: "Not to my knowledge. The information that was collected over the course of nine years or so came from many different sources: human sources, technical sources, as well as sources that detainees provided. It was something as a result of the painstaking work that the analysts did. They pieced it all together that lead us to the compound last year and resulted in the very successful operation [on] Sunday."

While AP carries this information from former intelligence officials: "[Khalid Sheikh] Mohammed did not reveal the names while being subjected to the simulated drowning technique known as waterboarding, former officials said. He identified them many months later under standard interrogation, they said, leaving it once again up for debate as to whether the harsh technique was a valuable tool or an unnecessarily violent tactic."

Torture did not lead us to Osama bin Laden | Clare Algar | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

del rocks ...

the ods loons are wackjobs

You are on record as saying 9/11 families are whack jobs since THAT is what the op is quoting.

Since when are you, or those people in the videos spokespeople for us?

I'm a member of a "9/11 family". My cousin died in his office at Cantor Fitzgerald.

There are thousands of "9/11 families". And more of them are Democrat than Republican (it is NY, after all). Your hysterical claiming of "9/11 families" for your side is both pathetic, and incredibly insulting.

See the entire video:

Shamelss photo opp.
Obama is a PR nightmare for the Office of President of the United States. This guy has committed so many breaches of protocol. It is amazing how such and educated man could have done so little research on the office which he now holds.

See the entire video:

Claims that the torture of detainees was directly responsible for the intelligence that tracked down Osama bin Laden are fanciful at best and cynically manipulative at worst.

bu_laff.jpg

"STUPID FUCKIN' TEABAGGERS!!!!"

Obama should know better than to set foot on Ground Zero. This is a Republican only shrine to keeping America safe. A community organizer has no business being there

As we have also learned....Muslims are not welcome at Ground Zero

TPS about why Obama sucks for going to the WTC

I thought it was great and proper for Obama to go down to Ground Zero. That meant a lot to those people.

Sorry. There's nothing to bash Obama here for.

See the entire video:

Leave aside for a moment the moral repugnance of torturing people, the thousands of innocents who were detained and mistreated alongside the likes of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, and the clear evidence that brutal behaviour on this scale is more effective as a recruiting sergeant for extremism than anything else.

Even with these fairly significant exceptions, it is still clear that the line peddled by George W Bush apologists (such as this Republican congressman) – that what this episode teaches us is that waterboarding works – is as wrong-headed as it is naive.

First, no credible link even seems to have been presented between the torture of detainees and the information leading to Bin Laden. In fact, insiders from both the Bush and Barack Obama administrations are saying the opposite.

Donald Rumsfeld himself had this to say on Monday: "It is true that some information that came from normal interrogation approaches at Guantánamo did lead to information that was beneficial in this instance. But it was not harsh treatment and it was not waterboarding."

Meanwhile, asked about whether waterboarding played a role in finding Bin Laden, John Brennan – counter-terrorism adviser to Obama and, it's worth remembering, a key figure in the CIA under Bush – replied: "Not to my knowledge. The information that was collected over the course of nine years or so came from many different sources: human sources, technical sources, as well as sources that detainees provided. It was something as a result of the painstaking work that the analysts did. They pieced it all together that lead us to the compound last year and resulted in the very successful operation [on] Sunday."

While AP carries this information from former intelligence officials: "[Khalid Sheikh] Mohammed did not reveal the names while being subjected to the simulated drowning technique known as waterboarding, former officials said. He identified them many months later under standard interrogation, they said, leaving it once again up for debate as to whether the harsh technique was a valuable tool or an unnecessarily violent tactic."

Torture did not lead us to Osama bin Laden | Clare Algar | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Except for the fact that the CIA Director confirmed it. Ooops!

Forum List

Back