TPP

There seems to be pretty good consensus here regarding the TPP being a bad idea.

Is this something we can all agree needs to be opposed? If you agree post a short note here. I know its a long shot but so what. This is a direct threat to all American workers regardless of party.

Actually TPP is a very good since it exposes American business to free trade rather than protects and cripples it. Moreover, its especially good for America since we already have very few tariffs against imports while the other TPP countries have far more that will be disappearing and thus opening up foreign markets that had been closed to American exports. In fact, 18,000 tariffs will becoming down that now block American exports to TPP countries.

Do you understand??

No one does, the text of the treaty isn't made public, hence the comments.

You can listen to elected officials say 'trust me' and feel fuzzy all you want. I don't.

We've spend trillions on defense and the military can't even protect US soil. We spent trillions on a war in Iraq and the country is split apart. Most of the treaties we've seen in the last 20 years have benefitted the wealthy few and screwed the working people of the US.

Trust us.

Never again

Amen to that, politicians speak with forked tongue, let's open the ENTIRE treaty up to independent analysis and voter review and then we can talk about whether or not it makes sense to move forward.

in the mean time do you know whether you are for or against free trade between states of the united states and countries of the world???

There seems to be pretty good consensus here regarding the TPP being a bad idea.

Is this something we can all agree needs to be opposed? If you agree post a short note here. I know its a long shot but so what. This is a direct threat to all American workers regardless of party.

Actually TPP is a very good since it exposes American business to free trade rather than protects and cripples it. Moreover, its especially good for America since we already have very few tariffs against imports while the other TPP countries have far more that will be disappearing and thus opening up foreign markets that had been closed to American exports. In fact, 18,000 tariffs will becoming down that now block American exports to TPP countries.

Do you understand??

You can listen to elected officials say 'trust me' and feel fuzzy all you want. I don't.

We've spend trillions on defense and the military can't even protect US soil. We spent trillions on a war in Iraq and the country is split apart. Most of the treaties we've seen in the last 20 years have benefitted the wealthy few and screwed the working people of the US.

Trust us.

Never again

Amen to that, politicians speak with forked tongue, let's open the ENTIRE treaty up to independent analysis and voter review and then we can talk about whether or not it makes sense to move forward.

in the mean time do you know whether you are for or against free trade between states of the united states and countries of the world???

I'm absolutely for free trade, but free trade doesn't involve allowing trading partners to completely distort comparative advantage by leveraging special interest driven "trade agreements" and I like IssacNewton do not trust anything that comes out of politicians mouths with respect to how good this treaty is for the United States and its citizens.

Do you understand??

Trust us.

Never again

I'm absolutely for free trade, but free trade doesn't involve allowing trading partners to completely distort comparative advantage by leveraging special interest driven "trade agreements" and I like IssacNewton do not trust anything that comes out of politicians mouths with respect to how good this treaty is for the United States and its citizens.

well it may bear close inspection. Japan will be able to compete now in light trucks in the USA which will kill the ford f150 but Japan is now supposed to be open to all of our cars so we should win big with 18,000 tariffs on our exports taken down. We can hardly lose since we are already the most open in the world.

Every administration since has done the same..

so then why no evidence??

Son I don't have time to educate ignorant people, my time is way too valuable. Here's an idea, now that I have corrected your world view go do your own research.

You ought to be able to support what you say especially when its an extremely rare position

Good grief man for decades countless American businesses and industries have screamed at congress to do something about these other countries cheating, stealing, and dumping into our markets how old are you 20?

Do you understand??

Trust us.

Never again

You are for 'fair' trade, most Americans are. This issue is one of the biggest reasons Trump has the DC establishment assholes is freaked out. If Trump ever figures out how to properly articulate this to the American people both the Democratic and Republican establishment types will lose their grip on power.

Son I don't have time to educate ignorant people, my time is way too valuable. Here's an idea, now that I have corrected your world view go do your own research.

You ought to be able to support what you say especially when its an extremely rare position

Good grief man for decades countless American businesses and industries have screamed at congress to do something about these other countries cheating, stealing, and dumping into our markets how old are you 20?

why not give a good example that we can put to the test??? Dumping is fine for our consumers anyway. We don't care whether we get wage increases or price declines. The idea that an economy is managed for the workers more than the consumers is 100% stupid

Do you understand??

Trust us.

Never again

well it may bear close inspection. Japan will be able to compete now in light trucks in the USA which will kill the ford f150 but Japan is now supposed to be open to all of our cars so we should win big with 18,000 tariffs on our exports taken down. We can hardly lose since we are already the most open in the world.

Do you have a clue how many times these free trade deals were supposed to open their markets to our products and how many times we got fucked in the ass when the other countries continued to keep our products out?

why not give a good example that we can put to the test??? Dumping is fine for our consumers anyway. We don't care whether we get wage increases or price declines. The idea that an economy is managed for the workers more than the consumers is 100% stupid

Live in ignorance it makes no difference to me. Oh hell I'll throw you a bone since you are so pathetic, rice.

Okay with that bit of stupidity we are done here, I can see its hopeless in your case.

Okay with that bit of stupidity we are done here, I can see its hopeless in your case.

why not put your thinking cap on and try to tell us why workers are more important than consumers or why we should manage an economy to suit workers over consumers?

why not put your thinking cap on and try to tell us why workers are more important than consumers or why we should manage an economy to suit workers over consumers?

Because you are a naïve know nothing so what would be the point.

Do you understand??

Trust us.

Never again.

Total BS of course. Do you understand the benefits of free trade? If so then you must support TPP. Every insider in every country involved (including our Democrats and Republicans) says TPP it is primarily about free trade. I highly doubt that its a huge world wide conspiracy that says its about free trade when really its about something else entirely.

Why not just admit as a liberal that you lack the IQ to understand free trade?

The world is huge and you live in a closet, by choice. What do you do when the painters put on a new coat once every 30 years? Must be nice to get a little high on the fumes so your brain gets nudged out of its mortified white-knuckle grip on a shattered mirror image of the world that wants desperately to fly apart.

Conservatives gave us the 2008 financial meltdown yet still try to blame someone else. At least take responsibility for your actions ONCE in a while.

Do you understand??

Trust us.

Never again.

Total BS of course. Do you understand the benefits of free trade? If so then you must support TPP. Every insider in every country involved (including our Democrats and Republicans) says TPP it is primarily about free trade. I highly doubt that its a huge world wide conspiracy that says its about free trade when really its about something else entirely.

Why not just admit as a liberal that you lack the IQ to understand free trade?

The world is huge and you live in a closet, by choice. What do you do when the painters put on a new coat once every 30 years? Must be nice to get a little high on the fumes so your brain gets nudged out of its mortified white-knuckle grip on a shattered mirror image of the world that wants desperately to fly apart.

Conservatives gave us the 2008 financial meltdown yet still try to blame someone else. At least take responsibility for your actions ONCE in a while.

That's a blatant lie! First the housing collapse has Democrat dirty fingerprints ALL over it so stop lying and own up to it. This point is not in question, we have the Democrat party leaders on video tape and lets not forget Democrats controlled congress in 2007 and 2008 something else you libs intentionally fail to mention. Finally stop confusing conservatives with the GOP establishment, that's yet another intentional lie. If you have to spin a web of lies to make a point you have no point.

Like Nafta it off shores jobs that could be done by Americans. It sucks.

Mexico is taking car manufacturing jobs out of the US, not so much because they offer lower labor costs but because they have free trade agreements with more countries than any other country in the world. They are taking jobs from the US and Canada. Whether we like it or not, many of these countries are catching up with us. If we choose to isolate ourselves, we will lose out on much of the big global party.

Like Nafta it off shores jobs that could be done by Americans. It sucks.

Bill Clinton got NAFTA passed and we immediately went on a growth spurt that lasted 15 years.

Bad idea, huh?

So much for that "Giant Sucking Sound" the Insane One warned us about.

If we don't make deals with these 11 Countries, China will.

And the deals China makes won't favor us. In fact, if you would take the time to notice, China's Equity Markets have been taking a shit ever since the TPP has gotten traction while ours have been taking off.

Come on, people. Stop buying into the dimocrap scum Union Lies.

And the primitives, the liberturdians. They're almost as bad as dimocrap scum except they're not intentionally dishonest, they're just stupid

On this, I have to agree with you. Funny how this one splits each party about 50/50. This is definitely not a partisan issue.

On another level, the dispute resolution process is a labyrinthine legal tangle.
That corporations have the right sue governments over any new laws they feel will impede their profits, is very concerning.
And we have only the word of the politicians that the secrecy is to protect against corruption.
All very Orwellian, imho.

I'd like to hear more details about the actual agreement to have a position, but free trade is great for our economy and opens markets to our products and services

Forum List

Back