towns to plead with federal officials

R

rdean

House Republicans Dispute Claim That Gitmo Relocation Would Be Jobs Engine - FOXNews.com

In a reversal of the not-in-my-backyard approach many communities have taken to the idea of housing terror detainees stateside, the thirst for prison-centered employment has caused Thomson and several other towns to plead with federal officials to let them become permanent hosts to dozens of alleged killers.

----------------

Talk about fear mongering, get a load of what Kirk (Republican running for Obama's old seat) has to say:

Kirk contended visitation rules at a federal penitentiary in Thomson would mean more than 2,000 al-Qaida “followers and family members” would regularly travel to the state-—many through O’Hare International Airport.

Clout St: Prison debate plays straight into 2010 Illinois election

-----------------

You know Kirk is lying. Typical for Republicans. The part of the prison housing terror suspects would be controlled by the military, and that means "no visitors".

Kirk has to know that, but we all know how Republicans tell lies and fear monger.

You know the economy is in trouble when people want a prison in their area for the economic opportunity.
I guess Barry did bring change after all.

You know the economy is in trouble when people want a prison in their area for the economic opportunity.

No one has ever excaped from a maximum security prison (that I ever heard of) and the military woud be in charge. Considering it would be leased from the state, seems like a no brainer boost to the economy.

No one has ever excaped from a maximum security prison (that I ever heard of) and the military woud be in charge. Considering it would be leased from the state, seems like a no brainer boost to the economy.

Two Men Escape Maximum-Security Prison in Iowa
2 Convicted Killers Escape From Maximum-Security Indiana Prison

Just some 411

House Republicans Dispute Claim That Gitmo Relocation Would Be Jobs Engine - FOXNews.com

In a reversal of the not-in-my-backyard approach many communities have taken to the idea of housing terror detainees stateside, the thirst for prison-centered employment has caused Thomson and several other towns to plead with federal officials to let them become permanent hosts to dozens of alleged killers.

Good for them! I am sure they are all armed and capable of dealing with it, or they wouldnt be asking for such a massive responsibility.

Talk about fear mongering, get a load of what Kirk (Republican running for Obama's old seat) has to say:

Kirk contended visitation rules at a federal penitentiary in Thomson would mean more than 2,000 al-Qaida “followers and family members” would regularly travel to the state-—many through O’Hare International Airport.

Clout St: Prison debate plays straight into 2010 Illinois election

-----------------

You know Kirk is lying. Typical for Republicans. The part of the prison housing terror suspects would be controlled by the military, and that means "no visitors".

Kirk has to know that, but we all know how Republicans tell lies and fear monger.

I say that it would be good for the airline industry, and the travel industry as well. Who fucking cares?

Just because Adam sinned, and Cane and Abel did too.. does that mean that God, the father, will also commit the same offense?

Its stupid and unfair to hold Al Quaida prisoner's family members to unfair rules that other prisoner's families are not held to.

not that I don't agree with this but the one in montana is sitting empty for a reason, it doesn't meet code. I guess you are only suppose to have a certain amount of prisoners to a cell and the one in Hardin has cell's built for 20 to 30 people. They just also had some controversy over the security company they hired to run the prison. My friend's father in law who is the state senator was even questioned by the FBI and people from Glen Beck's show even called him. Very wierd situation!

Forum List

Back