Town Cancels 70 yr.Tradition of Christmas Parade Because of Lefty Hate Groups

So why haven't I seen a single poster on here attacking the town for violating the first amendment rights of neo-confederates?? Protestors didn't cancel the parade...the town did....

and for those disingenuous folks like yourself who want to pretend they don't know what neo-confeds are....they are revisionist history buffs who want to rewrite what the Confederacy was -- because they lost then, and they lost now...maybe that is why those confederate daughters named their revisionist campaign the lost cause....
Do these longingly conducted Civil War reenactments end the same way all the time? And secondly, is Mitch McConnell permanently stuck in a Civil War reenactment in his own addled mind?
I've never been to a Civil War reenactment.............tell me about the ones that are historically incorrect.

Did the Reenactments that they did on say Gettysburg make the South win that battle........or did the reenactment end Historically correct............aka.........are you saying the reenactments are revisionist History........LOL
American history is revisionistically whitewashed yeah. You that unaware?
And where is your proof Mr. Troll...........which Civil War battles have been wrongfully reenacted........hmmm.

Which one with evidence of that.
You are pretty stupid not to know what revisionism means....or what the lost cause strategy is....

but I will educate yo stupid ass...the lost cause strategy is the strategy of trying to revise the confederacy after their crushing defeat...revise the confederacy after the institution of slavery was so thoroughly defeated that now the confederates have to claim their fight was over something more noble like resisting tyranny or states rights......(to own slaves)

Groups like the Confederate Daughters begin to rewrite history books all across the south in order to inject the lost cause narrative...to the point that they pushed false view points like "all of the slaves were happy" -- "slavery wasn't that bad" -- "yea, Jim Crow did treat blacks as second class, but they wanted it that way"

Now because of that revisionism, we have dumb asses like you still trying to cheerlead the confederacy....
What's wrong with revising something/anything into something better ???? Now I do agree that if anyone attempts or were to suggest that slaves were somehow ok with being slaves or that they were fighting for the south in so that they can remain slaves, then yes that's a crazy thing to do or suggest. Defending any form of slavery is an ignorant crazy thing to do.

Now anyone revising something that was bad by making it good in every way possible is a good thing. Anything involving slavery directly, in my opinion cannot be revised into something good, but seperating slavery or racism from southern culture in order to revise that part of it by seperating it out, then that is alright.

Recognizing heroic officers and soldiers on each side, and recognizing the heroic events that took place in war, the brilliant tactics, tacticians, the strategist of war, the sacrifices on each side, the suffering on each side, and this by historical accounts, statues and/or monuments is A-ok.

Most just like we know today were being dragged into war by politicians who are corrupt, mis-leading or confused themselves in life. The blood is on their hands, but as for the average soldiers, their officers, and in some cases their generals, they had a job to do, and they just did it. To not remember their call of duty, their sacrifices made, and their huge losses that were suffered on both sides, would simply be a travesty of justice in this country. I can understand your opinion, and agree that anyone celebrating the events of the past other than to celebrate the ending of it, is just bored and looking for something to aggitate others with.

Agenda's attempting to take the history of this nation, and to erase it or use it to do bad things is an un-exceptable deplorable thing. The best way to combat the past is to learn from it, and not run from it.

The best way to relive it is to run from it or not learn from it. May not be the whites oppressing the people for whom they would have a problem with in life, but it could actually be the blacks or another attempting to do the same if history and it's failings are not retained in there historical context.

It must be so sad to wake every morning with such searing hatred in your minds and hearts.

To wake up every day and not have to be worried about being dragged out in the middle of the night never to be seen or heard again.

I've seen it so consistent. Most of you had miserable childhoods right? Very common in the hate group.

Most of ya have or had a bad marriage. Very consistent with your ultra selfish impulses and behavior. Settling for something never works.

Insecure chronic jealousy of any ones traditions and happiness. A burning desire to see everybody as miserable as they are.

You are usually very rude in public. That selfish and self centered child at work.

Merry Christmas

Last edited:
Do these longingly conducted Civil War reenactments end the same way all the time? And secondly, is Mitch McConnell permanently stuck in a Civil War reenactment in his own addled mind?
I've never been to a Civil War reenactment.............tell me about the ones that are historically incorrect.

Did the Reenactments that they did on say Gettysburg make the South win that battle........or did the reenactment end Historically correct............aka.........are you saying the reenactments are revisionist History........LOL
And where is your proof Mr. Troll...........which Civil War battles have been wrongfully reenacted........hmmm.

You are pretty stupid not to know what revisionism means....or what the lost cause strategy is....

but I will educate yo stupid ass...the lost cause strategy is the strategy of trying to revise the confederacy after their crushing defeat...revise the confederacy after the institution of slavery was so thoroughly defeated that now the confederates have to claim their fight was over something more noble like resisting tyranny or states rights......(to own slaves)

Groups like the Confederate Daughters begin to rewrite history books all across the south in order to inject the lost cause narrative...to the point that they pushed false view points like "all of the slaves were happy" -- "slavery wasn't that bad" -- "yea, Jim Crow did treat blacks as second class, but they wanted it that way"

Now because of that revisionism, we have dumb asses like you still trying to cheerlead the confederacy....
What's wrong with revising something/anything into something better ???? Now I do agree that if anyone attempts or were to suggest that slaves were somehow ok with being slaves or that they were fighting for the south in so that they can remain slaves, then yes that's a crazy thing to do or suggest. Defending any form of slavery is an ignorant crazy thing to do.

Thank you. And that's exactly what the Lost Cause Cult tried to do, from literally rewriting history books to whitewash the Confederacy into some "noble' thing, to throwing up all these statues and monuments, to erecting other monuments to the Ku Klux Klan, to pop culture like "The Clansman", "Birth of a Nation" and "Gone With the Wind". That's been the whole point all along.

Thank you. And that's exactly what the Lost Cause Cult tried to do, from literally rewriting history books to whitewash the Confederacy into some "noble' thing, to throwing up all these statues and monuments, to erecting other monuments to the Ku Klux Klan, to pop culture like "The Clansman", "Birth of a Nation" and "Gone With the Wind". That's been the whole point all along.
Makes one wonder why the relapse though ? Why the regret re-kindled after the south lost so many years ago ?? Is it that those accendants whose family members were sacrificed for (their ancestors in the cause), now see that the other's in which they're family members were sacrificed for, haven't been honoring or remembering the sacrifices made by whites for them, otherwise when attacking the whites by blanketing a race or not making sure that those white descendants for whom sacrificed for their family members are being recognized and treated with respect today, and this by honoring them all in the memorials for which they lay or have been memorialized in ?

Makes one wonder why the relapse though ? Why the regret re-kindled after the south lost so many years ago ?? Is it that those accendants whose family members were sacrificed for (their ancestors in the cause), now see that the other's in which they're family members were sacrificed for, haven't been honoring or remembering the sacrifices made by whites for them, otherwise when attacking the whites by blanketing a race or not making sure that those white descendants for whom sacrificed for their family members are being recognized and treated with respect today, and this by honoring them all in the memorials for which they lay or have been memorialized in ?

That might be the longest single sentence I've ever seen on this site. See if you can hammer it into English because I have no idea what it's saying. TIA.

Wake Forrest has cancelled it’s 70 year old tradition of a Christmas Parade over threats by leftist hate groups (I smell Antifa) to protest the parade. Why? Because the “Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy” march in the parade. This is a historical society and I have worked with them in the past. They give out scholarships and awards to students. They always ask for my recommendation. Last year the scholarship went to a black girl. So again we see leftist hate groups destroying our culture.
Wake Forest, N.C., cancels Christmas parade because of potential protests over Confederate symbols - CNN

Good it not a place for the Sons & Daughters of the Confederacy to be in a Christmas parade.
My first impression is that the town fathers are wimps to shut down a parade that proudly flies a flag that symbolizes slavery instead of Christmas over a 'potential' threat. But then I remember that NC has been burnt by a parade in Charlottesville, and I can see their point. I guess if it were my choice, I'd forego the event too.

Charlottesville is in Virginia. But we have had our own angst, including "Silent Sam", including a state law the outgoing Republicans rammed through when they lost the governor's chair banning monuments from being taken down, including a recent one that was taken down anyway when the court ruled it was the property of the UDC and they could take it back, which they did. But yeah they certainly won't want a Christmas parade infected with Tiki torchers and chants of "Jews will not replace us".

The Greensboro Massacre is not forgotten in the state. And just a couple of months ago in a town halfway between Greensboro and Wake Forest:

>> Late this summer, the Loyal White Knights showed up in Hillsborough, apparently to the town’s surprise.

Some were dressed in the recognizable sad sheets of the Klan, including a few in green and purple robes denoting their higher rank. Others were dressed in army fatigues; still others in MAGA hats; some were wearing Disneyland tees and mom jeans.

These same usual suspects — there seem to be only 15 or so active members of the North Carolina-based Loyal White Knights — have been showing up throughout Virginia and the Carolinas since 2011, including at Unite the Right in Charlottesville. Leading his Klavern in Hillsborough was Imperial Wizard Christopher Barker, who has openly praised Dylann Roof as a martyr and has threatened to burn a Latina journalist on air during a Univision interview. He paced the sidewalk while some of his Klavern held a large professionally printed banner encouraging people to join their cause by calling their “Klan hotline.”

Hillsborough residents instinctually rallied. They did a particularly good job of claiming their territory and making their town inhospitable to the demonstration of hate by drowning out Klansmen voices and blocking them from view. When the Loyal White Knights vowed to return the following weekend, over a thousand anti-racists marched through the small town and the Klan became a no-show.

While Hillsborough community members did an exceptional job of de-platforming the Klan, the police seemed incapable of taking the situation seriously, echoing 150 years of police inaction against — or, worse, direct support of — white supremacist movements in North Carolina.

.... Since the incident in Hillsborough, neo-Confederates have been repeatedly showing up in other North Carolina towns, including Pittsboro.

Weeks of demonstrations culminated on October 19th, after the Daughters of the Confederacy failed to meet the October 1st deadline set by the county to remove their Confederate statue from the courthouse property. Expressing anger that the Chatham County board was made of “traitors and a negress” and that the county is “browning,” neo-Nazi Likewise, the hate group League of the South also called on their supporters to travel to the town, claiming that members from as far as Florida would be making the trip. << --- Medium.com

So this is some of the local context with which Wake Forest is dealing. It's been in their back yard.
Thanks for the correction of location of Charlottesville AND especially the current history. I don't think we can criticize the locals for avoiding possible national scandal due to fringes clashing in their streets.

So why haven't I seen a single poster on here attacking the town for violating the first amendment rights of neo-confederates?? Protestors didn't cancel the parade...the town did....

and for those disingenuous folks like yourself who want to pretend they don't know what neo-confeds are....they are revisionist history buffs who want to rewrite what the Confederacy was -- because they lost then, and they lost now...maybe that is why those confederate daughters named their revisionist campaign the lost cause....

Another Racist rant and nothing more..............the issue at hand is the 1st Amendment.......but please continue with everyone is a racist except you.........

It's boring me.

Wake Forrest has cancelled it’s 70 year old tradition of a Christmas Parade over threats by leftist hate groups (I smell Antifa) to protest the parade. Why? Because the “Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy” march in the parade. This is a historical society and I have worked with them in the past. They give out scholarships and awards to students. They always ask for my recommendation. Last year the scholarship went to a black girl. So again we see leftist hate groups destroying our culture.
Wake Forest, N.C., cancels Christmas parade because of potential protests over Confederate symbols - CNN

Good it not a place for the Sons & Daughters of the Confederacy to be in a Christmas parade.
My first impression is that the town fathers are wimps to shut down a parade that proudly flies a flag that symbolizes slavery instead of Christmas over a 'potential' threat. But then I remember that NC has been burnt by a parade in Charlottesville, and I can see their point. I guess if it were my choice, I'd forego the event too.

Charlottesville is in Virginia. But we have had our own angst, including "Silent Sam", including a state law the outgoing Republicans rammed through when they lost the governor's chair banning monuments from being taken down, including a recent one that was taken down anyway when the court ruled it was the property of the UDC and they could take it back, which they did. But yeah they certainly won't want a Christmas parade infected with Tiki torchers and chants of "Jews will not replace us".

The Greensboro Massacre is not forgotten in the state. And just a couple of months ago in a town halfway between Greensboro and Wake Forest:

>> Late this summer, the Loyal White Knights showed up in Hillsborough, apparently to the town’s surprise.

Some were dressed in the recognizable sad sheets of the Klan, including a few in green and purple robes denoting their higher rank. Others were dressed in army fatigues; still others in MAGA hats; some were wearing Disneyland tees and mom jeans.

These same usual suspects — there seem to be only 15 or so active members of the North Carolina-based Loyal White Knights — have been showing up throughout Virginia and the Carolinas since 2011, including at Unite the Right in Charlottesville. Leading his Klavern in Hillsborough was Imperial Wizard Christopher Barker, who has openly praised Dylann Roof as a martyr and has threatened to burn a Latina journalist on air during a Univision interview. He paced the sidewalk while some of his Klavern held a large professionally printed banner encouraging people to join their cause by calling their “Klan hotline.”

Hillsborough residents instinctually rallied. They did a particularly good job of claiming their territory and making their town inhospitable to the demonstration of hate by drowning out Klansmen voices and blocking them from view. When the Loyal White Knights vowed to return the following weekend, over a thousand anti-racists marched through the small town and the Klan became a no-show.

While Hillsborough community members did an exceptional job of de-platforming the Klan, the police seemed incapable of taking the situation seriously, echoing 150 years of police inaction against — or, worse, direct support of — white supremacist movements in North Carolina.

.... Since the incident in Hillsborough, neo-Confederates have been repeatedly showing up in other North Carolina towns, including Pittsboro.

Weeks of demonstrations culminated on October 19th, after the Daughters of the Confederacy failed to meet the October 1st deadline set by the county to remove their Confederate statue from the courthouse property. Expressing anger that the Chatham County board was made of “traitors and a negress” and that the county is “browning,” neo-Nazi Likewise, the hate group League of the South also called on their supporters to travel to the town, claiming that members from as far as Florida would be making the trip. << --- Medium.com

So this is some of the local context with which Wake Forest is dealing. It's been in their back yard.

Thanks for the correction of location of Charlottesville AND especially the current history. I don't think we can criticize the locals for avoiding possible national scandal due to fringes clashing in their streets.

Context is always crucial. As is the glaring deliberate omission by the OP that the town's concern is that TWO sides were both planning to infiltrate, not just one.

I'm sure you were thinking of Charlotte, the big city in the south/central part of the state. Charlottesville is a couple hundred miles up I-81 in western Virginia. They're both named for the same Queen consort Charlotte but the Carolina one is about 20 times bigger.

Charlottesville was a pre-planned riot situation. The city fathers and the state's governor did nothing to keep the parties apart from each other. In other cities, like Newnan, Georgia in 2018, the police kept the warring parties 150 yards away from each other at all times, and everyone went home in one piece. Keeping the libs equally far away from the Americans in Wake could have done the same.

And it is not your place to breath.

Who are you and what gives you the right to pass judgement on others ?

Answer: You are a moronic left wing arrogant ass-hole who should ask Santa for a brain that functions.

Seems like Germany was able to get it right -- and their history is far more recent than the civil war....

They were able to celebrate their heritage without trying to glorify or re-argue Nazism.....

Why is it so hard for folks down south to celebrate their heritage without glorifying the confederacy?? that was as much as a blight on their history and nazism was a blight on german history....

But for most of these revisionist confederates, that blight is more of a source of pride -- they only downplay it because the majority of society rejects it.....which in my opinion, makes them intellectual cowards....

How Authoritarian of you...................Now tell me about your love of the 1st Amendment again.............you are a fraud ..........you know that don't you..........

The flag of the US is the US flag, not the confederate flag. The Sons and Dtr can go live somewhere else just not in this country.

Are you saying people do not have the right to protest, how big of you, since most of you trampers were so concerned about the protestors in Hong Kong.

What we are saying is they should not have cancelled the parade.

Let ANTIFA show up in the south. They will need lot's of body bags and you can bet America will be cheering each one that drops.

They don't need to live somewhere else. This is America. Not your fairy tale where you get to tell others how to live or what to believe.

Wake Forrest has cancelled it’s 70 year old tradition of a Christmas Parade over threats by leftist hate groups (I smell Antifa) to protest the parade. Why? Because the “Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy” march in the parade. This is a historical society and I have worked with them in the past. They give out scholarships and awards to students. They always ask for my recommendation. Last year the scholarship went to a black girl. On my recommendation. So again we see leftist hate groups destroying our culture.
What does the Confederate flag have to do with the baby Jesus?

I guess the better question is what does Jesus care about the confederate flag.

Wake Forrest has cancelled it’s 70 year old tradition of a Christmas Parade over threats by leftist hate groups (I smell Antifa) to protest the parade. Why? Because the “Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy” march in the parade. This is a historical society and I have worked with them in the past. They give out scholarships and awards to students. They always ask for my recommendation. Last year the scholarship went to a black girl. On my recommendation. So again we see leftist hate groups destroying our culture.
What does the Confederate flag have to do with the baby Jesus?

What does Jesus have with Christmas? Commercialism is the reason for the season.

Actually, a lack of knowledge seems to be the case.
I'm sorry the confederate flag scares you. Different time back then. Things change, pretty soon abortion supporters will be known as the slave owners of today. Science is proving it and with the fiasco you loons are pulling against Trump. Is going to allow us to own the supreme court!
Scared, huh. I think it's foolish.
So is the lgbt flag, the new hate group, but they have the right to fly their flag.
Are they traitors too?
No, in America they have their rights. Actually they had the right to strong arm a company to stop contributing, to a charity. It just puts them the hater list. Just because they want children to suffer, because they can't handle someone to disagree with them. Congratulations, a child will do without. Oh, hold on. I forget you support the killing of them to begin with.
I do not support any killing. You suppose way too much on others, asshole.

I'm sorry the confederate flag scares you. Different time back then. Things change, pretty soon abortion supporters will be known as the slave owners of today. Science is proving it and with the fiasco you loons are pulling against Trump. Is going to allow us to own the supreme court!
So is the lgbt flag, the new hate group, but they have the right to fly their flag.
Are they traitors too?
No, in America they have their rights. Actually they had the right to strong arm a company to stop contributing, to a charity. It just puts them the hater list. Just because they want children to suffer, because they can't handle someone to disagree with them. Congratulations, a child will do without. Oh, hold on. I forget you support the killing of them to begin with.
I support killing 100% and have done it in combat. The work is a burden. But if we are to live in a free world than measures must be taken. Those measures are often not agreeable to us as human beings. But we must do the right thing in those circumstances.

Are they traitors too?
I support killing 100% and have done it in combat. The work is a burden. But if we are to live in a free world than measures must be taken. Those measures are often not agreeable to us as human beings. But we must do the right thing in those circumstances.
Who's talking to you fuckwad.

Are they traitors too?
Who's talking to you fuckwad.
Do you have an intelligent question of me or response to my original post?

Seems like Germany was able to get it right -- and their history is far more recent than the civil war....

They were able to celebrate their heritage without trying to glorify or re-argue Nazism.....

Why is it so hard for folks down south to celebrate their heritage without glorifying the confederacy?? that was as much as a blight on their history and nazism was a blight on german history....

But for most of these revisionist confederates, that blight is more of a source of pride -- they only downplay it because the majority of society rejects it.....which in my opinion, makes them intellectual cowards....
Germany is a bunch of pussified people. They were destroyed by WW2 and that is why blacks like it there because German men will not protect their women after the rape of the Russian communist. Down South? Where are you from idiot? Ohhh, I see, your a wannabe social justice warrior...be keeping it real with your music.
Look idiot you are nor a representation of Black America...in fact you’re a dumbass. Christian Bible Belt Blacks and Whites from same region are forming a coalition. It’s based on shared beliefs. Christian beliefs. You will see many black Republicans in the future that’s will disagree with your hateful and spiteful attitude.

Forum List

Back