Tourism guide

ForeverYoung436

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2009
Despite all the naysayers here, it's safe these days to travel to Israel. It's like saying no one should come to NYC, because there's some crime in Harlem. Especially now in this time of calm, under Netanyahu's steady hand, tourism has reached its best level in years, and all the hotels and cafes are bustling. Although I'm really familiar with Jewish tourism, I also know there are plenty of church and Christian tours designed for those tourists of the Christian persuasion. One of the best ways to go to Israel and/or Palestine, especially for those with little money, is as a back-packer. One year, I stayed in a Jewish hostel in Jerusalem, for almost 2 weeks, absolutely free!! (I'm talking about room and board. I had to buy my own falafels. There are Christian hostels as well, along the cobblestone alleyways.) There's nothing like waking up in Jerusalem to the sound of church bells, Jewish prayers, and the Muslim meuzzins. And for those of a modern bent, there are the beaches and night-clubs of Tel-Aviv. Israeli girls are hot, but often brainy as well.
The Palestinian territories should present little problems. The locals try to impress American tourists, especially the Christian ones, and "kvetch" (complain) about their predicaments. It would make for a good documentary. Security should present little problems for a first-time visitor. Good luck, Mr. Tinmore!

Last edited:
Despite all the naysayers here, it's safe these days to travel to Israel. It's like saying no one should come to NYC, because there's some crime in Harlem. Especially now in this time of calm, under Netanyahu's steady hand, tourism has reached its best level in years, and all the hotels and cafes are bustling. Although I'm really familiar with Jewish tourism, I also know there are plenty of church and Christian tours designed for those tourists of the Christian persuasion. One of the best ways to go to Israel and/or Palestine, especially for those with little money, is as a back-packer. One year, I stayed in a Jewish hostel in Jerusalem, for almost 2 weeks, absolutely free!! (I'm talking about room and board. I had to buy my own falafels. There are Christian hostels as well, along the cobblestone alleyways.) There's nothing like waking up in Jerusalem to the sound of church bells, Jewish prayers, and the Muslim meuzzins. And for those of a modern bent, there are the beaches and night-clubs of Tel-Aviv. Israeli girls are hot, but often brainy as well.
The Palestinian territories should present little problems. The locals try to impress American tourists, especially the Christian ones, and "kvetch" (complain) about their predicaments. It would make for a good documentary. Security should present little problems for a first-time visitor. Good luck, Mr. Tinmore!

I forgot to mention that I have a whole bunch of uncles, aunts, and cousins that you can stay by. So if you decide to go, Tinny, let me know.

Forum List

Back