Tour de France 2017: Daybook!

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
The Tour de France 2017 looks pretty interesting, and if you have HD TV coverage, it's a nice summer-viewing experience, watching the myriad talented racers/teams cycle through some of the more scenic areas of idyllic France.

I like Chris Froome (Great Britain) who may win his 4th Tour de France, and as per teams, Froome's highly-ranked Team Sky is doing very well as are a few others such as USA's Trek-Segafredo which is in 4th position after Stage 9.

Hey, don't count out upsets and crashes (there have been some!), so maybe an upstart surprise by Team Quick-Step Floors (Belgium) can produce a stunner (Belgium is after all currently ranked #1 as a nation in the world cycling rankings).

I like comparing Froome to Jim Everett (NFL - Rams QB), since he's swift and achieving but not as much a 'celebrity' as, say, Lance Armstrong.

I also like comparing Belgium's Quick-Step Floors team to the NY Giants (NFL team), since it is gritty yet fun-to-follow, and its 'star' Marcel Kittel might give Froome (Great Britain's Team Sky) a run-for-his-money.

It's interesting how TV coverage of international sports, with the recent handsome HD-marketed wide-access cable offerings broadens the scope of cultural (and political) attention afforded to athletes and sports from around the world.

Is this a legacy of the first Olympics USA Dream Team (basketball)?

If you follow the Tour de France for the first time this summer (since perhaps you just got cable TV with international sports or ESPN), you might want to keep a fanfare 'daybook' of fun notes! Isn't that what TV is for?

====

TRUMP: Americans don't seem interested in the Tour de France!
CARTER: Well, Americans prefer basketball, baseball, and football, but Lance Armstrong did shine...
TRUMP: Yes, Lance was on the cover of magazines and brought nice attention to his sport!
CARTER: Still, Americans would rather watch Dream Team basketball, which is now led by Coach K (Duke).
TRUMP: International stars such as Maradona (soccer) shine but Americans lie Joe Montana (NFL).
CARTER: It's pretty cut and dry, and yet, TV coverage is changing recreational fanfare...
TRUMP: That is an interesting 'impact' of modern media (e.g., ESPN-HD).
CARTER: That changes the way we watch American sports-films such as Youngblood.
TRUMP: Well, I'll be cheering for Chris Froome (GBR) and team Trek Segafredo (USA).
CARTER: The international control of terrorism has brought 'peace' back to international events...
TRUMP: So far...let's not forget the Boston Marathon!

====

Tour de France (Official Website)

tdf.jpg

Forum List

Back