Tough-guy firefighters forced into 'Gay Pride' parade

and yet the midigating factor is the fucking fire alarm being pulled which brought them to that location, yes? What fire alarm was pulled at the gay pride parade?

As someone else pointed out, they have to be at ALL gatherings where a certain minimum number of people are expected by LAW anyway, so you still have yet to prove anything. They had to be there, and the article of course omits if they were given the option to just follow (which is how they would have done it based on their procedures). So, again, the lawsuit is stupid, pointless, and just an excuse for haters to attack something they hate. The judges will most likely just laugh at them to (hopefully) so they can see what it's like when the tables are turned.

How many a day probably catcall firemen while they are working? I am not saying they don't have a case, I am just saying it is being made into a bigger deal because it involves homosexuals. And the other Point I was making is Bass really needs to get over this crap! People face this sort of thing every day why isn't their story being told.

No, it's being made into a case because they were forced to participate by their boss who, im willing to bet, will be look,ing for another job next year. Women who are catcalled by men are not forced into that situation because of a boss who makes them strut in front of catcalling dudes. This "women get catcalled all the time" nonsense REQUIRES that we forget that their employer forced them into this circumstance. If your boss told you that it is a tennant of your job function to come over to his house and message his, and 9 of his friends', old leathery cocks with baby oil would you sue? Of course you would. Even if you didn't have to touch a single leathery cock.

Most of the Northwest would be in trouble with that, we don't have a 'gay side of town.' It's spread evenly and you can never tell if who you are talking to is gay or not. Though I suspect most of our fire department is gay, they are just soooooo cool to people.
I think I might have to agree with you on that one! But I would have to say Capitol Hill has a large number along with many gay bars. You might not even think it is a gay bar until you walk in.

As someone else pointed out, they have to be at ALL gatherings where a certain minimum number of people are expected by LAW anyway, so you still have yet to prove anything. They had to be there, and the article of course omits if they were given the option to just follow (which is how they would have done it based on their procedures). So, again, the lawsuit is stupid, pointless, and just an excuse for haters to attack something they hate. The judges will most likely just laugh at them to (hopefully) so they can see what it's like when the tables are turned.

They didn't have to be part of the damn parade and they are *NOT* a bunch of haters or homophobes and as far as the articles have said, they were not their on standby duty, firefighters are always on standby anyways.

bullshit. BEING at a parade for safety is HARDLY the same as being part of gay pride parade. You can't tell me that there was no option to put a fucking firetruck on a sidestreet. Do you think you are the only person to have ever watched a fucking parade? They DIDN'T have to be dangled like meat in front of snapping wolves and THAT is why they will win their case. hell, if you want to lose 10 rep points i'll let you in on Ravi's little wager too.

Your opinion of their suit as pointless, or hateful of blah blah blah means two things: jack and shit.

I think I might have to agree with you on that one! But I would have to say Capitol Hill has a large number along with many gay bars. You might not even think it is a gay bar until you walk in.

Though CapHill does have the most bars, the community is now mostly hetero. Remember the wy they had to form a panel that was made up of equal gay and straight people to work with the police because of the excessive attacks on the gay community. Glad that's over, but the area itself is still pretty evenly diverse and now they are all getting along great.

bullshit. BEING at a parade for safety is HARDLY the same as being part of gay pride parade. You can't tell me that there was no option to put a fucking firetruck on a sidestreet. Do you think you are the only person to have ever watched a fucking parade? They DIDN'T have to be dangled like meat in front of snapping wolves and THAT is why they will win their case. hell, if you want to lose 10 rep points i'll let you in on Ravi's little wager too.

Your opinion of their suit as pointless, or hateful of blah blah blah means two things: jack and shit.

Um ... the truck still has to follow the route.

No, it's being made into a case because they were forced to participate by their boss who, im willing to bet, will be look,ing for another job next year. Women who are catcalled by men are not forced into that situation because of a boss who makes them strut in front of catcalling dudes. This "women get catcalled all the time" nonsense REQUIRES that we forget that their employer forced them into this circumstance. If your boss told you that it is a tennant of your job function to come over to his house and message his, and 9 of his friends', old leathery cocks with baby oil would you sue? Of course you would. Even if you didn't have to touch a single leathery cock.
Yeah when I sue them they will make me out to be the whore and the bad one. Remember the whole thing with the Duke I think it was Lacrosse team, yes the girl was a stripper but those guys went to far and we all know how everyone treated the stripper.
And as for the fireman I think I am with kitten here, the whole thing sounds fishy and something else is going here besides the fact it is being reported on by a biased right wing writer.

They didn't have to be part of the damn parade and they are *NOT* a bunch of haters or homophobes and as far as the articles have said, they were not their on standby duty, firefighters are always on standby anyways.

Parades don't have standby, that's for stationary gatherings. In a parade they MUST follow the parade itself.

That's what I was going to add that Luissa just reminded me of (thanks). There is a dress code in most businesses, you do realize that of those businesses with such dress codes a vast majority have different ones between men and women. Then of those the women are often forced to work in 'skimpy' and 'provocative' outfits without a choice in the matter. The few times this has gone to court the women often lost because of the themes of those businesses. They still had to endure the catcalls, even sexual advances because of the uniforms. So again, turn about IS fair play.

Yeah when I sue them they will make me out to be the whore and the bad one. Remember the whole thing with the Duke I think it was Lacrosse team, yes the girl was a stripper but those guys went to far and we all know how everyone treated the stripper.
And as for the fireman I think I am with kitten here, the whole thing sounds fishy and something else is going here besides the fact it is being reported on by a biased right wing writer.

quite the opposite if you REFUSE to handle their aged beefsticks. Indeed, given how the Duke Lacross issue sorted itself out do you think thats the greatest example to bring up? You do recall that that chick was never raped, yes? Too far, my ass. She was there to strip and then tried to take those dudes for a ride. If that bitch isn't in jail for filing a false rape report then she should be.

I think that you people are looking for any reason to get vindictive with men in some lame estrogen fest rage about men catcalling women despite the facts of the case. I'll say it again, if YOUR BOSS made you come to work in only your panties tomorrow you'd sue. Even if you'd still be performing your job function. and ESPECIALLY if you were told to do your job function in front of a room full of hardon wielding 17 year old hetero boys.

Parades don't have standby, that's for stationary gatherings. In a parade they MUST follow the parade itself.

The fire station was on the parade route itself and they ordered to ride *IN* the parade, not follow it, why keep making up all these jackass excuses? Whatever wrongs that have been done to women does *NOT* excuse the actions of the people in that parade and the actions of the fire chief who ordered them to ride *IN* the parade.

That's what I was going to add that Luissa just reminded me of (thanks). There is a dress code in most businesses, you do realize that of those businesses with such dress codes a vast majority have different ones between men and women. Then of those the women are often forced to work in 'skimpy' and 'provocative' outfits without a choice in the matter. The few times this has gone to court the women often lost because of the themes of those businesses. They still had to endure the catcalls, even sexual advances because of the uniforms. So again, turn about IS fair play.

oh so now this is a BOO HOO IM A WOMAN tangent? Give me a break. It's not these firefighters' faults that you cant strut around baring your chest in public like a man can. sheesh.. let's get just a little more petty, shall we? No professional organization that I"VE ever seen makes it's female employees wear skimpy shit. Quite the opposite given our litigious culture.

Good grief. Why don't you all go take your fucking vaginal frustrations out on your D cell romeo and get back to me on this topic.

Um ... the truck still has to follow the route.

If this true that a truck has to follow please post evidence that this has to happen. You're making excuses for a piss poor decision by a fire chief. And:

"Aguirre told jurors that the men were assigned to the parade after another crew backed out due to a death in one member's family. He said the parade is a city-sanctioned event, just like celebrations of the Fourth of July and Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

Aguirre said the firefighters were uncomfortable with a city policy that prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation.

Fire Chief Tracy Jarman, who marched in the parade ahead of the four firefighters, said she didn't feel sexually harassed but testified at the trial that she could see why some people would find the parade offensive.

The fire department later changed its policy to make participation in any parade voluntary."

Mistrial in case of firefighters forced to join gay pride parade - CNN.com

This had *NOTHING* to do with following the parade for safety reasons, the homosexual firechief herself marched in the parade. There was no truck.

Though CapHill does have the most bars, the community is now mostly hetero. Remember the wy they had to form a panel that was made up of equal gay and straight people to work with the police because of the excessive attacks on the gay community. Glad that's over, but the area itself is still pretty evenly diverse and now they are all getting along great.
That is good! Seattle and the surrounding areas is pretty diverse anyways and I am glad to hear they worked something out. Now that I don't go over there all the time I don't pay much attention to all that. Hopefully though I will be moving over there in the next few years, Spokane can be such a dark hole.

The fire station was on the parade route itself and they ordered to ride *IN* the parade, not follow it, why keep making up all these jackass excuses? Whatever wrongs that have been done to women does *NOT* excuse the actions of the people in that parade and the actions of the fire chief who ordered them to ride *IN* the parade.

The best place (strategy wise) to fight a problem which they could face would be a point closest to both ends. The center of the parade route would have been the most strategic place. Firefighters don't just put out fires, they also deal with a lot of first response in accidents of many types, because they are usually there first. So you still haven't made a good point. 'In' is STILL following the parade, just from a better vantage point. If they were all the way in the very back and some straight moron decided to try to walk in front of a float which was unable to stop, then you'd blame the gay people for not letting the firetruck in ride close enough to help them.

Forum List

Back