Tough decision

Nobody is depriving anyone of their property. The area would flood if the levees were not there. And it has been designated as an emergency flood plain for nearly three quarters of a century. I think you are working on the wrong kind of 5th there, Frank, ol' buddy.

- Trial and Punishment, Compensation for Takings. Ratified 12/15/1791.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Nobody is depriving anyone of their property. The area would flood if the levees were not there. And it has been designated as an emergency flood plain for nearly three quarters of a century. I think you are working on the wrong kind of 5th there, Frank, ol' buddy.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Aquaman is the only person that can have his home buried under 25 feet of water and not be deprived of its use.

I see. Then you are stating that the government is responsible for the large amount of snow, and the rain that has been falling in the drainage? Because they would be flooded without the levees being there.

So, I guess you are stating that global warming is correct, and that the increase in heat, which caused more evaporation, thus more precipitation is correct. And that we should hold the government responsible for the negative effect. Interesting change of heart there, Frank.

Aquaman is the only person that can have his home buried under 25 feet of water and not be deprived of its use.

Aquaman should have populated Southern Louisiana.

I see. Then you are stating that the government is responsible for the large amount of snow, and the rain that has been falling in the drainage? Because they would be flooded without the levees being there.

So, I guess you are stating that global warming is correct, and that the increase in heat, which caused more evaporation, thus more precipitation is correct. And that we should hold the government responsible for the negative effect. Interesting change of heart there, Frank.

It can Rain and Snow without Global Warming: Moron.

Are you insane?

Are you insane?

:eusa_eh:

This can't be the first time you've wondered.

Are you insane?

You said the government was depriving the Cajuns of the use of their land and homes. If the government is responsible for the flooding of the Mississippi, then you are stating that we have done something to cause the floods. :lol:

Are you insane?

:eusa_eh:

This can't be the first time you've wondered.

Now, Sammy boy, why don't you learn to do little cartoons like Kooky.

How would you like to be one of the 25,000 people who own 11,000 structures sacrificed to save Baton Rouge and New Orleans? You thought you were out of harms way and then the Army Corps of Engineers opens the dam and you are under 25 ft. of water. I'd be pretty bitter. What's Obama going to do about it? Probably nothing since 25,000 Cajin votes don't count for much.

Lordy, lordy, Whitey, you are just as dumb as they come. Yes, 25,000 people who have been reminded yearly that should worst come to worst, they will be flooded. That is 25.000 people and farms, rather than several hundred people and chemical plants, refineries, and ports being flooded.

We have a one hundred year flood in progress. It is what the spillways were built for. In fact, if you were to read the history of that area, you might note that the Indians that lived there built their houses on stilts. Could that be a clue, perhaps.

What is really bothering you is that we have two huge natural disasters and there aftermath in progress. The tornados and a one hundred year Mississippi Flood. And both are being handled competantly at all levels of government. Seems our present President is capable of being 'concerned' about a number of things that affect our nation.
The Morganza flood plain, the Atchafalaya Basin, is about the size of the state of Connecticut. I have fished in the Atchafalaya Swamp as a kid many years ago. There isn't really a lot in the flood plain, mostly swamp, oil and gas wells, fishing camps, some farmland, and a few very small towns. I heard an interview this morning with a resident who discussed the flooding situation. Everyone knows that floodwaters will come eventually. Even without the spillway opening, there is always some flooding. It’s just part of life in that part of the country. When the floodwaters recede, the people will return cleanup and rebuild just as they have done in the past.

The sticky point that the (mostly) libs are ignoring is that the 25,000 people were relatively safe. When you live in a flood plain and you get flooded you make the best of it but the 25,000 people in this case were flooded on purpose. Keep in mind that towns and garages and stores and homes of the minority were sacrificed on the theory that it would ensure the safety of the majority. The Corps of Engineers who made the decision to flood them out. Will it be worth it?

No, they were not. Had there been no levees built on the river, that area would be flooded just as it is now. Maybe not as quite as deep, but flooded, none the less. They thought so before WW2, before the number of chemical plants and refineries were built. And the people that live there are recieved their yearly warning of this for a long time.

Whitey, if you are insistant on proving yourself a fool, just keep up this line of nonsense.

Forum List

Back