Totally Disgusted With US Politics

What this country needs is a good recession so the average person can reset their economic compass
This country needs to have a full bag enema at least.

I'm a Con and will be voting for strict Constitutionalist and I don't care people say my vote will be thrown out.

ANYTHING that will kicck out what we have now------it's like a bad movie we have watched for years.
Well like I told the Rep party when they called me for more money. I told them" I will be voting in all local elections for strict Constitutionalist because the Rep party is just as bad as the Dem party but worse because the Rep has no spine. It all starts in the local elections, that's where change will come from.

What this country needs is a good recession so the average person can reset their economic compass

I'm a Con and will be voting for strict Constitutionalist and I don't care people say my vote will be thrown out.

I'm getting tired of the fools that keep voting for the "lesser of two evils". If they would stop and think for a few moments, maybe they'd figure out why they only have evil to vote for.

What's that sage bumper sticker say?

Don't vote -- it only encourages them

I'm getting tired of the fools that keep voting for the "lesser of two evils". If they would stop and think for a few moments, maybe they'd figure out why they only have evil to vote for.

What's that sage bumper sticker say?

Don't vote -- it only encourages them

Ahh crap, I've been reduced to a bumper sticker slogan.
I actually kind like you editec, but bite me. :lol:

Did you guys ever stop to consider that maybe the reason our politicians and politics are so corrupt is because we as a people are corrupt? We are a society of apathetic, lazy, and dishonest people. Im not saying that everyone is horrible. But our society isnt going to choose good leaders when we the people aren't doing our part.

We had a primary election a week ago here. We had maybe 15% of the people we got last November. After all who the heck cares about comissioners, constables, and judges right? And that's exactly the problem we are all worried about what's going on in Washington and ignore whats going in our backyard. Well where do you think those corrupt people come from? They come from the people who run at the local level that get voted in because no one with integrity has the guts to run against them and work their butts off to get the vote.

You want a third party in America? it's not going to happen until you get off your butt and get third party candidates elected locally. If you care so much about your third party, run! You have more of a chance influencing the people in your neighborhood than you do convincing people around the country who agree with you already. Be a leader!

I am sick and tired of people complaining about what's wrong and then refusing to do a damn thing to fix it.

Well like I told the Rep party when they called me for more money. I told them" I will be voting in all local elections for strict Constitutionalist because the Rep party is just as bad as the Dem party but worse because the Rep has no spine. It all starts in the local elections, that's where change will come from.

That's a great start! But you have to do more than just vote. you have to get out there and persuade others too. You arent throwing your vote away if you can convince people to join you!

That's a great start! But you have to do more than just vote. you have to get out there and persuade others too. You arent throwing your vote away if you can convince people to join you!
I'm not under any illusion that I will make a difference for I live out in the country and do not have much contact with people however; I've written the Constitutional party, given money and to aks questions to know the candidate and then whenever I speak to family friends about Politic's I let them know that I will be voting for so and so and why.

That's all I can do.

Did you guys ever stop to consider that maybe the reason our politicians and politics are so corrupt is because we as a people are corrupt? We are a society of apathetic, lazy, and dishonest people. Im not saying that everyone is horrible. But our society isnt going to choose good leaders when we the people aren't doing our part.

We had a primary election a week ago here. We had maybe 15% of the people we got last November. After all who the heck cares about comissioners, constables, and judges right? And that's exactly the problem we are all worried about what's going on in Washington and ignore whats going in our backyard. Well where do you think those corrupt people come from? They come from the people who run at the local level that get voted in because no one with integrity has the guts to run against them and work their butts off to get the vote.

You want a third party in America? it's not going to happen until you get off your butt and get third party candidates elected locally. If you care so much about your third party, run! You have more of a chance influencing the people in your neighborhood than you do convincing people around the country who agree with you already. Be a leader!

I am sick and tired of people complaining about what's wrong and then refusing to do a damn thing to fix it.
You hit that one right out of the park! We The People are ultimately responsibile because we don't put a stop to the curruption at the state or federal level. The majority is so disenguaged from what's going on that the curruption goes unchecked.

Personally, I hope things get so freaking bad in this country that nobody will be able to concentrate on anything but the political curruption that brought us down. I think that's the only thing that will bring the people together to demand a Constitutional Convention to fix the problems.

You hit that one right out of the park! We The People are ultimately responsibile because we don't put a stop to the curruption at the state or federal level. The majority is so disenguaged from what's going on that the curruption goes unchecked.

Personally, I hope things get so freaking bad in this country that nobody will be able to concentrate on anything but the political curruption that brought us down. I think that's the only thing that will bring the people together to demand a Constitutional Convention to fix the problems.
The mighty dollar and dirty politic's keeps the good people from even thinking about running for any office.

I just wish that a more conservative attitude would return with our representatives. It seems the representatives don't actually represent the attitude of the American people. We elect what we think are conservatives, and when they get to Washington they turn into liberals. We should also make it a law that representatives can only serve 2 terms just like the president. Old liberals like Kennedy have been in the senate for 50 million years.

Ahhhh yes, every time CON$ervatism fails, and CON$ervatism fails every time it's tried, it's called Liberalism.
I wonder, if the Libs said Carter failed because he was tooooooo CON$ervative, how would that go over with you CON$. :lol:

Ahhhh yes, every time CON$ervatism fails, and CON$ervatism fails every time it's tried, it's called Liberalism.
I wonder, if the Libs said Carter failed because he was tooooooo CON$ervative, how would that go over with you CON$. :lol:

When exactly do you think conservtism has been tried? When was the last time the federal government actually shrank?

I dont think a Constitutional Convention can fix the problems. How could it when those in office ignore the Constitution?

No, what we need is much more fundamental. We need a complete change of individual people into caring contributing members of society. We need to wake the people out of apathy and out of stupidity. Until we the people have integrity, we cannot be governed by this Constitution without destroying ourselves.

When exactly do you think conservtism has been tried? When was the last time the federal government actually shrank?

edthecynic is about as clever as a moonpie.

Well then, apparently St Ronnie was no CON$ervative either! :cuckoo:

Sure wasn't.

Even the conservative WSJ doesn't credit him with shrinking the size of government.
Featured Article - WSJ.com

That's no reason for liberals, who run on a platform of CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN, to pretend they can't reach the bar they set!

Even the conservative WSJ doesn't credit him with shrinking the size of government.

That's no reason for liberals, who run on a platform of CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN, to pretend they can't reach the bar they set!

Ahhhh, shrinking the size of government is the only measurement of CON$ervatism, the perfect Catch 22 for denying blame for every failure of CON$ervatism.
Reagan said he would shrink the size of government and eliminate the Energy and Education Departments. So either we never had a CON$ervative as president, even though Reagan has been held up as the PARAGON of CON$ervative presidents, or every CON$ervative is a liar. I go with the second.

Hmm... The one's I see complaining about the "little guys" not having a chance have said they voted for OTHER. What would you suggest they do? Kill the competition?

Been there, done that. They cannot be convinced any more than you can convince someone they're wrong in a debate when they're convinced that they're right!

Ahhhh, shrinking the size of government is the only measurement of CON$ervatism, the perfect Catch 22 for denying blame for every failure of CON$ervatism.
Reagan said he would shrink the size of government and eliminate the Energy and Education Departments. So either we never had a CON$ervative as president, even though Reagan has been held up as the PARAGON of CON$ervative presidents, or every CON$ervative is a liar. I go with the second.

It is NOT the only measurement of conservatism, but it IS the measurement for the purposes of the context of this discussion.

Forum List

Back