Total destruction: GOP out to biggest generic ballot leads in history in both Gallup

no, cad, you don't get to change the premise to suit you.

I don't care if you don't understand.

Trust me when I say don't use the words.

Good night.

that's about what i expected from you jake.
thanks for proving my point.

and thanks for educating me. i never knew i could get in trouble at work if i said the words ****** or bitch. you saved my job. i owe you one.

i just really wish you could tell me which premise i changed, so i won't do it again in the future.

Actually no - just this past week Obama polled his lowest in Gallup history and hardly a word of it by the mainstream media - and now today, many of the left leaning pundits are running about trying to create cover for Obama's idiotic Ground Zero Mosque commentary.

If the media was more balanced, Obama's approval numbers would be even lower and Democrats in his own party would be moving to impeach the idiot.

Yeah - he is proving THAT BAD.

To those who warned us back in 2008 that Obama was going to be this bad I owe you an apology - I was one of too many who was saying give the guy a chance. Yeah, he is inexperienced, and I didn't vote for him, but now that he won the election, let's give him a chance to earn our trust and respect.

Good Lord was I proven wrong and all those warning this guy was going to be a complete and utter failure of American values and leadership, well - YOU WERE RIGHT.

So essentially, you avoided my point and then compounded your original assertion with more supposition and conjecture, thus assuming the position that you've correct on both counts.

Sorry, that "logic" just doesn't hold. History has taught us that political races have time and again defied the polls and predictions. The MSM has given nearly unfettered avenues to the neocon punditry to lambast Obama at every turn since the 2008 campaign....maybe it will pay off, maybe not. It all depends on whether the American people are willing to put back into power the very people that screwed them over and pretend it never happened...the same people who offer NOTHING but a rehash of the very policies that put this country into the terrible status that Obama inherited. Time will tell.

You seem to sincerely believe that talking point. Even if it was true, The Big 0 has had two years and a Trillion dollars to do anything he wanted to do and what he has done has made the situation worse.

It's not like he had a plan and the evil Republicans made him stop or change it. He had a plan and he implemented it in whole with no amendments and no reservations. Also no improvements.

Everything is worse than when he started trying to fix it. That is failure with a capital F and a huge price tag.

Ahhh, but you insist upon using the neocon mantras that essentially IGNORE some pertinent facts....that the First year of the Obama administration witnessed some cumulations of the policies/actions of the preceding 8 years. One of which was that for the first time in 8 years you had the budget of the Shrub's "war on terror" in Iraq INCLUDED with the national balance sheet. That, PLUS the Wall St. bailouts and reagonomics of steroids was one shitload to clean up...add to this the ballyhoo against ANYTHING the Dems or Obama proposed and the FACT that the full results of what has been passed hasn't gone into effect yet, and your FAILURE rating is premature. Obama is totally the blame so long as you ignore what he inherited.

So essentially, you avoided my point and then compounded your original assertion with more supposition and conjecture, thus assuming the position that you've correct on both counts.

Sorry, that "logic" just doesn't hold. History has taught us that political races have time and again defied the polls and predictions. The MSM has given nearly unfettered avenues to the neocon punditry to lambast Obama at every turn since the 2008 campaign....maybe it will pay off, maybe not. It all depends on whether the American people are willing to put back into power the very people that screwed them over and pretend it never happened...the same people who offer NOTHING but a rehash of the very policies that put this country into the terrible status that Obama inherited. Time will tell.

You seem to sincerely believe that talking point. Even if it was true, The Big 0 has had two years and a Trillion dollars to do anything he wanted to do and what he has done has made the situation worse.

It's not like he had a plan and the evil Republicans made him stop or change it. He had a plan and he implemented it in whole with no amendments and no reservations. Also no improvements.

Everything is worse than when he started trying to fix it. That is failure with a capital F and a huge price tag.

Well said.

Obama and the Dems had COMPLETE CONTROL for two years. The Dems have had COMPLETE CONTROL of Congress for nearly four years.

This Obama administration and current Democrat Congress are an absolute TRAIN WRECK - having taken the worst aspects of the Bush years and doubled down on them - or in the case of the deficit, tripled down on them.

They have taken a once proud and strong Democrat Party and torn it asunder...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...in-history-in-both-gallup-13.html#post2637456

The point is very simple: the GOP has nothing to offer except to go back to what the American people overwhelmingly rejected in 2006 and 2008. The GOP has offered nothing new.

The American public generally is underwhelmed with Obama while still hateful of the Republican Party.

Until that changes, the Dems will maintain control of the House and the Senate.

I have learned a few things on this thread. First off I did not know about the depression in 1920. That was very interesting. Anyway on with why I am posting. I have watched what has been going on here to correct the financial issue we are currently in. It does not seem to be working in my opinion.
Now while Bush was president he signed the first stimulus package into law. When it came into effect it seemed to make things worse instead of better. Now there is only two ways you can go with this. You can say it did not work because you should ride it out and let everything correct itself or he did not have a big enough stimulus.

If you believe that you should ride it out then you would believe what the Republicans and Bush did at the end of his term was wrong. If you believe that the second stimulus was necessary then you believe what the the Republicans and Bush did was the right thing but they just did not through enough money at it the first time.

Now for the blame game that seems to be going on. I see here a lot where people blame the Republicans for the health care law that passed being less than desired by Obama. If you go back and look at the vote Republicans still did not vote for it even though it was watered down. So how can you blame them when your own party are the ones who passed the law without help from the Republicans. I also here about the Blue Dog Democrats but the problem with them is they are still Democrats. Everything that has been passed that Obama is hanging his hat on has done so without any Republican help. If it was not what he wanted then he can blame his fellow Democrats because he has the votes.

Now I personally do not think that throwing money at the problem is working. I think if we tighten our belts and quit trying to save companies that we will find that things will work themselves out. We have not tried that much since Clinton was in office. It has been pointed out here more than once how both Democrats and Republicans have been spending more money than we have whether or not Obama or Bush were in office. Maybe it is time to give true fiscal conservatism a try.

You keep forgetting that the Dems DID NOT AND DO NOT HAVE a bullet proof vote in the Senate. GOP obstruction goes down to the wire, and what has been passed (albeit watered down) was done WITH SOME GOP votes of approval during the vetting process and final vote.

Sorry, but whether it's being the "party of no" or voting halfway through for Obama proposals, the GOP is NOT washing it's hands of this.

I have learned a few things on this thread. First off I did not know about the depression in 1920. That was very interesting. Anyway on with why I am posting. I have watched what has been going on here to correct the financial issue we are currently in. It does not seem to be working in my opinion.
Now while Bush was president he signed the first stimulus package into law. When it came into effect it seemed to make things worse instead of better. Now there is only two ways you can go with this. You can say it did not work because you should ride it out and let everything correct itself or he did not have a big enough stimulus.

If you believe that you should ride it out then you would believe what the Republicans and Bush did at the end of his term was wrong. If you believe that the second stimulus was necessary then you believe what the the Republicans and Bush did was the right thing but they just did not through enough money at it the first time.

Now for the blame game that seems to be going on. I see here a lot where people blame the Republicans for the health care law that passed being less than desired by Obama. If you go back and look at the vote Republicans still did not vote for it even though it was watered down. So how can you blame them when your own party are the ones who passed the law without help from the Republicans. I also here about the Blue Dog Democrats but the problem with them is they are still Democrats. Everything that has been passed that Obama is hanging his hat on has done so without any Republican help. If it was not what he wanted then he can blame his fellow Democrats because he has the votes.

Now I personally do not think that throwing money at the problem is working. I think if we tighten our belts and quit trying to save companies that we will find that things will work themselves out. We have not tried that much since Clinton was in office. It has been pointed out here more than once how both Democrats and Republicans have been spending more money than we have whether or not Obama or Bush were in office. Maybe it is time to give true fiscal conservatism a try.

You keep forgetting that the Dems DID NOT AND DO NOT HAVE a bullet proof vote in the Senate. GOP obstruction goes down to the wire, and what has been passed (albeit watered down) was done WITH SOME GOP votes of approval during the vetting process and final vote.

Sorry, but whether it's being the "party of no" or voting halfway through for Obama proposals, the GOP is NOT washing it's hands of this.

if the dems did have a bullet proof vote in the senate, do you think the healthcare bill and stimulus package that would have been passed would be more popular with the american public?

Maybe we should wait for the actual ELECTIONS before adhering to media hype and various polls? I seem to recall various conservatives, new conservatives (neocons), right wingers and wingnuts all carrying on about how the "liberal press" and subsequent polls skewed and prejudiced the 2008 elections. Now suddenly the vary same organizations are golden?

Just as the left continued to claim that conservatism was dead. Polls are always only right if they support your position. Your statement is correct whether you use the word conservative or liberal. Do you disagree?

It will likely happen. By and large the American people appear to be pretty much sheeple led by the vidiot tube.

Agreed, which is why Obama was elected. He was our first American Idol President and hopefully our last. I would like to think Americans have learned a lesson on voting for a person based on cute slogans, great (teleprompter) speeches and a "hot body". Unfortunately that probably won't happen.

Forum List

Back