Tortured to death by Putin's jackboot state: Inside the rat-infested Gestapo-like "Russian" prison

Litwin

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2017
GDL&Sweden
USA/Free world have forced Putin's jackboot state and Putin himself to pay , one day Putler will pay personally for what he did to Sergei Magnitsky nad his family ...

Canada is getting its own Magnitsky Act and Vladimir Putin is not ...
6 okt. 2017 - Like the American version, it was inspired by the case of anti-corruption lawyer Sergei Magnitsky, who died 8 years ago in a Russian jail. Bill Browder has championed the cause ever since.

Magnitsky Act - Wikipedia
Magnitsky Act - Wikipedia
The Magnitsky Act, formally known as the Russia and Moldova Jackson–Vanik Repeal and Sergei Magnitsky Rule of Law Accountability Act of 2012, is a bipartisan bill passed by the U.S. Congress and signed by President Obama in November–December 2012, intending to punish Russian officials responsible for the death ...

"Tortured to death by Putin's jackboot state: Inside the rat-infested Gestapo-like Russian prison where eight guards beat lawyer who exposed Moscow's gangster regime

I was eating brunch in the fifth-floor restaurant at Harvey Nichols in late October 2009 when we got the first warning, by text. It had been sent from Russia, but the sentiment was American Mafia: ‘If history has taught us anything, it is that anyone can be killed,’ a quote from Don Michael Corleone in The Godfather. We were in no doubt about its meaning.

I was safely in London with the rest of my team. But my Russian lawyer, Sergei Magnitsky, was not. He had been arrested in Moscow a year earlier on trumped-up charges by the Russian Interior Ministry after exposing a major government corruption scandal. I was worried, and with good reason.

The following month, late at night on Friday, November 13, my phone rang. It was a voicemail and another threat. There were no words. Just the screams of someone being beaten. Badly....

Sergei was 36 and worked for a boutique American law firm called Firestone Duncan. He was a tall man with dark hair and a soft handshake who could do ten things in the time it took others to do one. He was a man of clarity and precision.

He said he knew the law and that he had done nothing wrong. Moreover, he said these police officers had stolen an enormous amount of money from his country and he wanted to make sure that they were brought to trial. So he stayed.

In fact, Sergei’s belief in justice was so strong that he testified against the police officers, judges, and criminals involved in the $230 million theft – a prospect most Russians would regard with terror.

Then, one month after his testimony, on November 24, 2008, the Russian establishment made its response. Two police officers arrested Sergei in front of his wife and two young children. It later emerged they had worked with one of the policemen against whom he had testified.

article-2227309-0C3011A0000005DC-499_634x505.jpg

article-2227309-014E83C700000578-743_634x420.jpg

images

Tortured to death by Putin's jackboot state: Last words from Moscow lawyer were his death screams - the chilling truth about Russia's terrifying gangster regime | Daily Mail Online

Forum List

Back